onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The exodus begins....

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I wish he was gone for good. The guy had made 80 appearances and never scored a goal. I don't know what he brings to any team doesn't score create or anything woeful player.

He is a defensive midfielder. I would say his focus is to protect the back four and as he sits just in front of them it's hardly surprising he has not scored. However he is one dimensional and that is all he does.

Iinitially I felt he kept possession well but his standards dropped. I doubt he can play at a high tempo either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using the onevalefan mobile app

I saw the word Exodus and went into a cold sweat momentarily then...

I'm going to go against the consensus and say I thought he had a decent 2nd half cameo at the Cheltenham (?) game when he replaced Denton and was really surprised when he didn't make the squad next game. Admittedly, one 2nd half is nothing to get excited about but this was also when Pope was getting slaughtered, as was Kay and numerous others.

Still, Aspin knows best and if Regis lives up to his description as an athletic box-to-box midfielder then I'll be well happy because I don't think we've had one for the last 20 years since Ian Taylor.

Regis in Middleton out. Excellent business having seen Regis twice now.

Regis has already done more in less than 90 minutes than Middleton did in his time here. I never understood the signing of Middleton. He was another of those in Brown's plan of "if I sign enough players, one of them might be good". Good luck to the lad but he is not the way forward for Vale.

Has he?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using the onevalefan mobile app

No he hasn't. Unless you count Monaco reserves who played in a very junior league (the Championnet de France amateur) as being better than Doncaster, which clearly they are not.

He did play less than 20 games in the Portuguese Ligapro for some team called Varzim, it is their 2nd tier) which is generally recognised as being a very modest standard and not as good as League 1 or even perhaps 2.

Varzim usually play with 70 per cent of their players from youth ranks.

Both players have tried their best for Vale though and do not deserve to be tainted by being called 'crap' on a website that is supposed to be for fans of the club.

De Freitas has 3 goals in 100 appearances, Middleton none in over 60 so neither are exactly prolific scorers.

Middleton was a very average but hard-working player not noted for flair, who played over 60 times for Doncaster, mostly in L1 but struggled in a poor Vale side - did a job, but no more and I wish him good luck on his loan.

I don't see either player being part of Vale's future under Aspin, so it seems a bit of a waste of time to compare them in ability, as it seems likely neither will be at the club for long-term, but I'd wish both well for the future elsewhere.

Archived