onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should pope start

alwaysvaleme

Advert

I think NO is the way it’s going at the minute by an overwhelming majority

It’s not a slight on popes character he does try his best and I don’t doubt his heart is there but he’s just not physically there anymore he needs be used like sjoke use crouch

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

First of all, Pope isn't a young man any more and he will have to have his workload managed in the same way that we've done with Tonge (and Pugh presumably had he not been injured).

In any team that's struggling to get results and score goals, a manager will chop and change just to see if he finds something that works. In a situation with a new manager, dropping Pope would be also be a fairly clear sign to the rest of the squad that there are no favourites and everybody's place is up for grabs.

He shouldn't be guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup by any stretch, but I think he still deserves to be starting. Despite all the opinions to the contrary, I thought he had a good game Saturday. He won a lot of balls in the air (He's not going to win everything, my expectations are realistic) and if he had the support in the 2nd half that he'd had in the 1st half then I think we could have won the game.

Until we sort ourselves out defensively and stop conceding stupid goals, we'll need someone who can hold the ball up front. We haven't got anyone else in our squad who can do that.

Which bit of "One word answers, Yes or No" do people not understand?

I understood it perfectly however I chose to ignore it. I felt it was a bit too simplistic and didn't allow for nuance. To rip off a Simpsons quote, the short answer is yes with an if, the long answer is no with a but.

Yes because he offers more than just his goals. I don't know why we need a manager anyway because most of you lot seem to think that you know more than any boss. I bet that providing he isn't injured that Aspo will keep Tom in the first 11. I find it outrageous that a loyal hardworking player like Popey gets so much flak while others who aren't worth a cracker seem to escape any blame. By God we have far bigger problems on the pitch other than Tom Pope

Yes because he offers more than just his goals. I don't know why we need a manager anyway because most of you lot seem to think that you know more than any boss. I bet that providing he isn't injured that Aspo will keep Tom in the first 11. I find it outrageous that a loyal hardworking player like Popey gets so much flak while others who aren't worth a cracker seem to escape any blame. By God we have far bigger problems on the pitch other than Tom Pope

I’d take just the goals at the moment OS.

Just under a week ago, we were all craving a decisive, experienced manager to make the right decisions and help the club out of the mess Smurf has let it slip into.

So would it be a good idea to let him manage and decide whether Pope starts, subs or whatever, and how his role in the team pans out - or do 3 or 4 people like ******** think they know better than Messrs. Aspo and Rudgey ? Sadly, I suspect they do, which is truly shocking.

This thread is about opinion some will say - I think it should be left alone and let the right people do the job they are paid for and well capable of.

hahahahahahahhahaahhaha

I doubt Aspo's on OVF going 'God Hagrid thinks I'm doing it wrong, I'm so under pressure!'

This is a website for Vale fans to discuss Port Vale. Should the site be shut down because some of us have a different opinion to our manager?

Lighten up pal. Its a bit of a chat about a striker. We're hardly knocking down the doors to the changing room to string Aspo up, or demanding Aspo gets sacked if he starts Pope.

Archived