onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should pope start

alwaysvaleme

Just under a week ago, we were all craving a decisive, experienced manager to make the right decisions and help the club out of the mess Smurf has let it slip into.

So would it be a good idea to let him manage and decide whether Pope starts, subs or whatever, and how his role in the team pans out - or do 3 or 4 people like ******** think they know better than Messrs. Aspo and Rudgey ? Sadly, I suspect they do, which is truly shocking.

This thread is about opinion some will say - I think it should be left alone and let the right people do the job they are paid for and well capable of.

Forums are there so fans can have there opinions so ******** and others should be able to say exactly what they think albeit without too much abusive comments I agree and also we know we have no say on the decision taken by the manager is decision we trust in because they see players in training

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Certainly not. If they cant find better in non league or even sunday league they want shooting. Hes snail pace and offers nothing to the forward line. Shouldnt a striker be about having some dribbling skills? Even having a pop from outside the box once in a while? And watching him dive and fall over and constantly moan drives me to dispair. Come on aspin, get rid of the dead wood

Its a No from me .

All our game is based around the flighted ball ,the long ball ,the pope battling .

Id like c what it would be like with on the floor in behind the defence defence splitting balls .

If we had players who go past players fair enough Pope may get his head on quality ball in but come on we have played 6 home games we havent scored more than one lost 5 of them .

Is it working ?

No it aint.

Try something different.

Id try pyke and turner as there mobility may get the oppositions centre halfs sent off .

We r predictable with Pope and as muchas he does 1 goal a game for Vale isnt enough whether thats scoring or being the provider .

With our soft underbelly to get a point we need score twice .

So try something different it may pay off it may not but we cannot carry on as we r

NO - Not starting, but coming on for 20 minutes maybe - We need pace and drive

We have started every game with him and we are where we are - Dan Turner has been a bit part player and he has more goals - INVEST in the future not the past

This is one of my main issues, I love Pope, but why on earth should we be putting a player consistently in the starting 11 when they have been brought in to help out the younger players (this was even spoken about in preseason interviews), yet we are keeping the very player he's supposed to be helping out on the bench?!

Bearing in mind Turner is our top scorer, despite most of his appearances being from the bench, & hasn't even completed a full 90 in the league yet!

Like a few others, I'd go with Barnett & Turner, Pope on the bench for impact as he can only manage 45 max before he's tired anyway.

Just as aside, can we stop equating fitness with running fast.

I don't think he's particularly slow, but not that fast either, however in terms of fitness it seems to me when it gets to around 50-60 minutes, he is running out of steam.

Archived