onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

All ex sjoke players have let us down they don’t really give a toss about vale Tongue, Pugh and Dicko although dicko was slighty more dedicated tbh he still made lots of mistakes

We need never to play sjoke players I think they are part of our downfall!

Just saying that’s all

Pope, Smith need dropping to subs bench

Pope scored I know but it was 6yrds out and I’d have been disappointed not to have scored it!

Smith looking bereft of confidence at the minute needs rest

Roos not the best but tbh he was left exposed at times so deserves another game

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Advert

I'm sorry to say this because he has played quite well to date but Tonge was awful today and should not have been on the pitch after half time. His passing was awful, he lost every 50:50 ball and was way off the pace. He looked like he'd been recruited from the Derby and Joan club and why Aspin did not sub him earlier was a mystery to me.

Roos should do better for a big man when the ball is crossed into the box but he made 2-3 very good saves today and did well overall. It was two defensive errors in front of him that cost us.

First half very promising but clearly they figured out our tactics at halftime and blotted out the threat of Gibbons after the break. Once again we predictably resorted to long hopeful balls into the wrong areas. Strange how people view the same game differently, as the Pope man-of-the-match surprised me as I saw a striker struggling once again against younger, more mobile defenders. We really need to try different tactics offensively as the long balls and crosses to Pope are mostly ineffective. Kay, Tong and Pugh are liabilities and should be replaced as soon as possible. It’s also strange that fans criticised Smith today, as I thought he was steady especially first half.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Couldn't get an appointment - all the suicidal Pope haters on here had taken them all.

Nobody hates Tom but you must admit we are so predictable.It isn’t hard work for opponents.We need more pace and mobility up front.That or we’ll all be going to the doctor with stiff necks.

Nobody hates Tom but you must admit we are so predictable.It isn’t hard work for opponents.We need more pace and mobility up front.That or we’ll all be going to the doctor with stiff necks.

I don't disagree with you but criticising Pope for not winning headers when he won most of his duels and scored a goal is unfair in my opinion. Is it Pope's fault our midfield today was geriatric? Is it his fault we've signed players like Kay who were not wanted by their club even when under contract? There is a lot wrong with our squad but I simply think that criticising Pope's performance today was unfair.

Two of the big problems we've got are inexperience and a lack of goal threat. The likes of Whitfield, Harness and Denton might run around energetically but where is their final product? How many goals have they collectively scored? 1 isn't it? It's simply not good enough when two of them are supposed to be attacking midfield players. They continually make the wrong decision and cock up the final ball, or turn into trouble and lose possession too easily.

We have to get more creativity, flair and goals in the team , in January. Most of this lot wouldn't score in Cobridge on a Saturday night! They are woeful. The likes of Eagles, Dodds and Marshall were far better players but we shopping in Lidl now.

Inexperience? Tongue, Pope, Kay, Gunning, Pugh, Worrall have played 100s of games.

Lack of goal threat! You were slating posters earlier for criticism of Pope.

Make your mind up.

I'm sorry to say this because he has played quite well to date but Tonge was awful today and should not have been on the pitch after half time. His passing was awful, he lost every 50:50 ball and was way off the pace. He looked like he'd been recruited from the Derby and Joan club and why Aspin did not sub him earlier was a mystery to me.

Roos should do better for a big man when the ball is crossed into the box but he made 2-3 very good saves today and did well overall. It was two defensive errors in front of him that cost us.

Totally agree with both these comments.

Having such a soft centre in midfield is a major part of our problems as everything else revolves around that hub.

There isn't anywhere near enough mobility or bite in that department.

You know what guys I thought Chris Lines was a show boater and cost us games, Michael O'Connor was Michael O'Connor performed when it suited him but ffs this lot with Tonge in the middle of the park controlling things we are fooked.The guy is awful.

A much improved first half performance in which we created chances.

Harness and Gibbons linked up very well.

It was also good to see runners off Pope.

Denton had a problem. He was up against a fine player in Dembele.

In fact, going forward we were much better.

Defensively, there are problems galore, not least because of a very poor central midfield pairing.

They neither create anything special nor destroy opposition attempts to create.

Surprised that Worrall didn't start.

Sad to see the dip after half time, which is now commonplace.

Earlier in the season, we did ok for 30 minutes.

Now we are up to 45, so that's progress.

Two of the big problems we've got are inexperience and a lack of goal threat. The likes of Whitfield, Harness and Denton might run around energetically but where is their final product? How many goals have they collectively scored? 1 isn't it? It's simply not good enough when two of them are supposed to be attacking midfield players. They continually make the wrong decision and cock up the final ball, or turn into trouble and lose possession too easily.

We have to get more creativity, flair and goals in the team , in January. Most of this lot wouldn't score in Cobridge on a Saturday night! They are woeful. The likes of Eagles, Dodds and Marshall were far better players but we shopping in Lidl now.

Best Lidl buy must be De Freitas who, for all his energy, hasn't scored once nor even has one assist to his credit. Incredible given the number of times he's played. I was surprised to see him subbed on rather than Worrall. This is going to take a long time to put right.

Makes me laugh, cos brown got abused and slaughtered for playing one upfront, aspins played one upfront, so what's changed? Nothing, we've had half a performance, then the second half was like brown was still there, appointing aspin as just brainwashed people into hailing and loving smurf, shambles.

rubbish.ffs he doesn't know the players names yet you can't expect instant results yet, lots of hard work needed before we have a competitive squad.

Archived