onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

Advert

Nothing changed . As someone rightly put you can't polish a turd.

Not sure how much longer Smith can command a starting spot. The battle one on one with Jamille Matt near the end was woeful.

Have faith in the appointment but just hope we can stay in touch come January once Aspo can recruit.

A worrying gap and Morecambe could be really big game already .

Cheltenham are on a decent run and on 17 points so are not the Muppets a lot suggest on RS .

Most annoying thing YET again is that Grimsby were bang average

Spot on with Smith. He should go out on loan at the earliest opportunity.

The result hasn't gone our way, the first half gives us hope the 2nd pugh and tongue run out of steam highlighting our biggest problem no centre midfield but feel immediately some changes in our general play with passing out at the back mixed with long ball, switching ball left to right you could see more of a plan than before neil arrived,

We are having to rely on players cutting their teeth who would normally be eased into a settled team mixed with an unbalanced squad means we have little to play with,

Not a great difference between the sides so there is hope at least I feel I have watched a football match much better than most of the dross I have witnessed

Roos, Kay, Gunning, Tonge, Pugh... all too slow, all costing us every game. No energy in midfield. Can't win a header anywhere on the park. Whitfield not fit enough, dead on his feet after 45, likewise Harness.

Aspo has really got his work cut out. Another bang average side to come away from Vale Park with 3 points.

Kay, Roos, Tonge, and Pugh are embarrassing. I'm also beginning to think that that sadly Pope is past it. Gibbons and Denton excellent first half, but Denton looked poor after the break.

You clearly weren't there today.Pope man of the match and rightly so.Denton shying out of his tackle cost us there first goal.

Guest TommyMac

What the hell happened at half time?

First half we challenged for everything, played the ball quickly down the wings and supported Pope with 2 runners. Best half of football for 12 months.

Second half, zero energy, back to hoofing it forward to an isolated Pope and as bad as anything under Brown.

I don't for one minute believe Aspin told the players to change the way they were playing first half, so why did they???

Pugh and Tonge were a pitiful midfield two neither of whom won a challenge all day. Can someone tell me why Pugh receives the ball from the defence and then returns it to Kay, Smith or Gunning to hoof it forward? The central midfield are supposed to create and break up opposing plays, ours did neither.

Substitutions were very poor but I support Aspin to learn from his mistakes and not pair Tonge and Pugh together again.

I don't want to single out just our midfield because second half there wasn't anyone in a Vale shirt worth more than a 3/10.

Let’s face it, had we won, it would only have suggested we were slightly better than we were (don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer to win and play garbage) but if Aspin thought the job was a massive task, he now must think it’s gargantuan. I fully expect a different team next week against Cheltenham, and then we will see where we go from there.

Message to the players for tonight, I presume you’ve got mirrors at home? Look into them tonight and decide if football is your true occupation because I’ve got a sneaky feeling some of you are better plumbers, plasterers and mechanics then you are proffesional football players.

Good luck Aspo and rudgey, I really don’t envy your task but If anyone can come up with something, it’s you two.

Makes me laugh, cos brown got abused and slaughtered for playing one upfront, aspins played one upfront, so what's changed? Nothing, we've had half a performance, then the second half was like brown was still there, appointing aspin as just brainwashed people into hailing and loving smurf, shambles.

Makes me laugh, cos brown got abused and slaughtered for playing one upfront, aspins played one upfront, so what's changed? Nothing, we've had half a performance, then the second half was like brown was still there, appointing aspin as just brainwashed people into hailing and loving smurf, shambles.

I really do worry about the intelligence of people from the potteries sometimes.

You clearly weren't there today.Pope man of the match and rightly so.Denton shying out of his tackle cost us there first goal.

Apart from a simple tap in Pope did nothing other than whinge, moan and dive - certainly not genuine MOTM material. You clearly didn't go because it was Pope who gifted them a free header for the equaliser. If you read my post I stated that Denton was poor in the second half.

What the hell happened at half time?

First half we challenged for everything, played the ball quickly down the wings and supported Pope with 2 runners. Best half of football for 12 months.

Second half, zero energy, back to hoofing it forward to an isolated Pope and as bad as anything under Brown.

I don't for one minute believe Aspin told the players to change the way they were playing first half, so why did they???

Pugh and Tonge were a pitiful midfield two neither of whom won a challenge all day. Can someone tell me why Pugh receives the ball from the defence and then returns it to Kay, Smith or Gunning to hoof it forward? The central midfield are supposed to create and break up opposing plays, ours did neither.

Substitutions were very poor but I support Aspin to learn from his mistakes and not pair Tonge and Pugh together again.

I don't want to single out just our midfield because second half there wasn't anyone in a Vale shirt worth more than a 3/10.

Tommy,they changed it second half and basically closed out our wing play.That's when we have to change ourselves to gain the upper hand but we're not able to with the current squad.Aspo will have to find a way to make us more competitive.He will I'm confident.

With not having any midfield of note its hard to play anything different because we need extra bodies to stop us getting over run and that probs with us until jan 1st at least...think we have played more football today than brown did , we have massive limitations but could see the plan of play today

Archived