onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Yeovil T v Port Vale

Fosse69

No one hates him, we all like him. He's just been utterly awful, a passenger, for the opening 10 games of the season. Great to see him score. A goal away at Yeovil, to take his tally to 1 in 11, won't change my opinion that we didn't need to re-sign him.

Spot on.

He also should have taken the chance earlier in the game when Dan Turner set him up with a sublime touch.

Still he put the goal away and he didn't switch off at opposition corners so today was definitely an improvement.

Here is to continual improvement.

Advert

Happy because players were played in the right positions and the formation was correct that's why it feels ok to get a 1-1 why can't you understand that?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Not happy with the result but the system was CLEARLY one we should have been playing all season when looking at the personnel we had.

Please tell me what you were saying,because I've had first hand experience playing against James when he was 14 and he took the **** big style against grown men (not intentionally just a class above) I said then to his dad he'd play for vale one day and I've been proved right.trust me this lad will go on to play at an higher level.

No worries - I was saying that I was pleased to see him playing as one of two proper full backs as the academy staff rated him very highly. I also said I had been a bit concerned that he'd been sidelined by Brown and so I was glad to see him in the side. Thought I'd jinxed him by saying it!

No worries - I was saying that I was pleased to see him playing as one of two proper full backs as the academy staff rated him very highly. I also said I had been a bit concerned that he'd been sidelined by Brown and so I was glad to see him in the side. Thought I'd jinxed him by saying it!

Ok,thanks, trust me James will mature into a very talented midfielder,he has abundance of skill and could be an excellent asset to vale.

Ok,thanks, trust me James will mature into a very talented midfielder,he has abundance of skill and could be an excellent asset to vale.

If Brown had spent his budget wisely we wouldn't have to throw young lads into the deep end.They could be introduced sparingly from the bench.

Last season Brown relied on the youngsters to prop up a poor side and resulted in our relegation.

A fairly accurate assessment by PV1973. For the first time this season we actually looked like we had a plan and the good supply of crosses made us look far more threatening.

Gibbons two yellows were daft and I'm sure the lad will learn from it. Roos mistake was a real clanger, other than that we kept them at bay quite well with Anderson being the pick of the defence. I thought ADF control let him down a few times and I'm just not convinced by Wilson as yet. Maybe I'm expecting too much being as he came from a successful Bolton side, but I think he's been very poor for us so far.

A good point but disappointed to concede that equaliser. We were better but I still think the team look low on confidence.

If Brown had spent his budget wisely we wouldn't have to throw young lads into the deep end.They could be introduced sparingly from the bench.

Last season Brown relied on the youngsters to prop up a poor side and resulted in our relegation.

Did you go today? At some point these young players have to be given a chance. Based on what I saw today it won't be long before gibbons is a regular IMO and today is the learning curve for him with the yellows. All players will make mistakes along the way irrespective of age. Of the other young ones you've got Turner who is our top scorer still.

Did you go today? At some point these young players have to be given a chance. Based on what I saw today it won't be long before gibbons is a regular IMO and today is the learning curve for him with the yellows. All players will make mistakes along the way irrespective of age. Of the other young ones you've got Turner who is our top scorer still.

5 games for Leek Town and suddenly a world beater.

Doesn't happen .His inexperience got him sent off and could have cost us the game.It helped Smith to improve when he went to Torquay and came back a far better player.

It isn't fair to put pressure on young players but due to Browns dire signings we are forced to play them.

I think same as you that given time Gibbons and Turner will turn into good players in the future but it's too soon to expect them to develop into regular league players.We need a good balance of experienced league players but are stuck with Browns geriatrics,sick notes and a lot of inexperienced kids who aren't ready for league football.

Both Turner and Gibbons need a season in the conference

Send the keeper back. Look at his effort last week, today , and then Google him. He's ****

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm thinking along those lines too. After he didn't catch anything in the FGR game I looked into his record and it doesn't make great reading with a catalogue of errors.

I can't see that Hornby or Boot are worse than him.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

5 games for Leek Town and suddenly a world beater.

Doesn't happen .His inexperience got him sent off and could have cost us the game.It helped Smith to improve when he went to Torquay and came back a far better player.

It isn't fair to put pressure on young players but due to Browns dire signings we are forced to play them.

I think same as you that given time Gibbons and Turner will turn into good players in the future but it's too soon to expect them to develop into regular league players.We need a good balance of experienced league players but are stuck with Browns geriatrics,sick notes and a lot of inexperienced kids who aren't ready for league football.

Both Turner and Gibbons need a season in the conference

the way we're going they'll get their season in the conference.

Archived