onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Do people agree that, if this appointment is woeful (Horton, Westley, Ince etc) then the fans have every right to protest in the coming games, or will some take the view that the new man 'needs time' and we shouldn't make our displeasure known to Norm?

Depends on the appointment for me.

I've seen at least one of the more vociferous anti-smurf posters say that Horton would be a good appointment. So as long as it is recognized that at least some of our fan base will most likely be happy with the appointment, some will want to at least give the manager some time, and some will be against it almost regardless of who is appointed.

I'm firmly in the camp of giving any one we sign some time to prove themselves. Though there are names out there that scare the living daylights out of me.

If in 5 games time we haven't seen any sign of improvement, then yeah, open season.

Advert

I've seen at least one of the more vociferous anti-smurf posters say that Horton would be a good appointment. So as long as it is recognized that at least some of our fan base will most likely be happy with the appointment, some will want to at least give the manager some time, and some will be against it almost regardless of who is appointed.

I'm firmly in the camp of giving any one we sign some time to prove themselves. Though there are names out there that scare the living daylights out of me.

If in 5 games time we haven't seen any sign of improvement, then yeah, open season.

So if its Westley, for example, who I think is unanimously opposed, would you consider protesting?

This appointment is huge as I feel that if its bad fans are going to start to make themselves heard.

Please Norman if you are reading this thread then pleeeesseee NOT WESTLEY,HORTON!!

The general consensus on here and Facebook/Twitter is ASPIN!!

You have some bridges to build do the right thing and go get him!!!

Oh dear....Youve come to the table late.

I am wary like when Brown was appointed in the summer I was dead against it but thought he had his chance.

Any new man I will wait and see. Its just worrying as we could drop out of the football league. Something I never thought i'd see. Wonder if they are still considering turning the National League into League 3 lol.

Why? 'Cause we get to sing Aspin for England? Chronic short-termism. We need better than Aspin, IMO. Decent football, league experience and not a ****. Unfortunately, our Neil only possesses one of those.

I like to think i know a bit about football so to suggest i only want a manager to sing that is stupid,i gave my reasons and not just that,how do you know he doesn't or wont play decent football?

From people who have watched his teams. A Gateshead fan described him as a non-league Pulis! The post you responded to stated as much too. People have really had their heads turned by the Aspin talk and I think it's ridiculous. There is nothing about his history in management that makes him a decent fit for Vale at this time, unfortunately.

From people who have watched his teams. A Gateshead fan described him as a non-league Pulis! The post you responded to stated as much too. People have really had their heads turned by the Aspin talk and I think it's ridiculous. There is nothing about his history in management that makes him a decent fit for Vale at this time, unfortunately.

Who would you want ?

I would take long ball if it achieved results and created chances and allowed us to score goals,watching attractive Bruno football started off well but then in his last several games we were pretty with one shot a game,do i want that,no thanks

Lee Blakeman‏ @LeeBlakeman 3h3 hours ago

More

For those asking, not expecting any news regarding a new manager at #Vale Park today, but still expecting an appointment before the weekend

Now that is lazy journalism,and for those wondering "Tough"

Archived