onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why is Tom Pope undroppable?

smithie

Popey has been seen in a local bookmakers and even the girl in there said he looked rough. Why is he looking rough he should be looking after himself

What do you mean by that? Does she fancy any bloke who walks in there? Where is this betting shop? I'd like to speak to this girl.

Advert

What do you mean by that? Does she fancy any bloke who walks in there? Where is this betting shop? I'd like to speak to this girl.

Yeah she fancies me so ur out of luck mate. Besides the point it was me who said he looked like he had a skinful over the weekend...you can have a word with me instead...I think I'm entitle to my opinion and if your in the public eye like footballers are be prepared to expect such comments if they are warranted.

The evidence seems to be on the pitch...what justification is the club having to play him in every match...he is simply playing rubbih. So get out of your local Pope mafia mode and stop berating anyone who dares to speak the truth against him...He is simply not good enough so get over it

Here we go again!

Yes he's had very limited supply but come on, his alround game has been absalutey garbage! Give barnett a chance with Turner.

that quite frankly is unfair and untrue. Don't worry though anything that I say won't stop you from blaming him for the teams woeful performances.

People are on Brown's back now, if he drops Pope can you imagine the abuse that he would have to put up with. There has to be blame put at the strikers door at the end of the day, they have not scored and there have been chances. Now, the problem is that when things are going wrong games wise, luck is normally the same. We were on for goal at Coventry and got hacked down. There have been penalties not given etc.

Pope might be in the general rut of bad luck, how often do teams hit the bar, we managed to hit it twice in two games and the post and have it cleared off the line a number of times. I am not saying that the luck is the only reason that we lost, but it adds to the problems.

You seem to be defending the indefensible at the moment Owd
Football is all about opinions, you have yours, I've got mine and I'm right end of.

I think our lack of goals is down to us having a load of players that are simple not good enough and playing 4 central defenders across the back hardly helps us. Still lets all blame the one bloke who will always give his best in a Vale shirt unlike quite a few others who prefer the treatment table rather than the pitch.

Football is all about opinions, you have yours, I've got mine and I'm right end of.

I think our lack of goals is down to us having a load of players that are simple not good enough and playing 4 central defenders across the back hardly helps us. Still lets all blame the one bloke who will always give his best in a Vale shirt unlike quite a few others who prefer the treatment table rather than the pitch.

I don't think anyone is just blaming him.

Ultimately I blame Brown for spunking a good budget on quantity over quality again after he watched Page and Bruno do the same.

Pope, like experienced spine are also high on the list as Lainton can't play more than a few games consecutively, Kay is dreadful, Pugh is even worse, Tonge let everyone down with a stupid challenge and Barnett simply hasn't been fit and when he's played in the last two games looks only just better than Pope.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I don't think anyone is just blaming him.

Ultimately I blame Brown for spunking a good budget on quantity over quality again after he watched Page and Bruno do the same.

It's fear and lack of trust that makes someone do that..fear that they are wrong about the people they choose and so need alternatives and a lack of trust in them so again they want alternatives. The 4 CB policy suggests fear of being thrashed so let's not try to win but try minimise the loss.

If you are brave and trust those around you, you don't need an army of backups just in case your first and second choices can't cut it

Popey has been seen in a local bookmakers and even the girl in there said he looked rough. Why is he looking rough he should be looking after himself

I despair...Vale shouldn't have signed Pope...they did it to merely sell ST's now they have been found out

Did she work for Bet365?:unsure:

I'd love to see Carlllllll saying all this to Tom's face. He'd píss himself out of fear.

What chance have I got when most of the happy clappers daren't even say anything from the stands in case one of Popey's mafia mates are around

It's not something you personally go to a player to tell them..I bet any player would take offence at the truth. He needs to shape up

I think blaming Pope for our poor start is poor. However, he doesn't look anything like the player he once was.

I'm sure Tom himself is not happy with his own form.

That being said, should he be dropped? In my opinion yes. Let's not forget that before he left last time, when we were in league 1, there were moans that he is the focal point of the attack and we just lump long balls to him. Three years later, three years older, we are doing exactly the same.

How many efforts on goal as he had so far this season. And the most frustrating thing is seeing him come so deep to pick up the ball. That's not where he should be.

Pope and Barnett are very similar and simply won't work. I'd rest Tom on Saturday and go with Barnett and Turner.

He is far from the worst player we have but his form isn't great and we aren't scoring goals and that needs to be rectified very quickly.

Archived