• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Hugill Big Money

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert:

A part of me curse how stupid we are with contracts sometimes and wonders what we could do with such money if we had kept hold of him. However, thinking about it, I dont think we would have negotiated anything close to it if he had stayed. I dont even think we would have negotiated close the 25% we will receive. Partly because its what we do, and partly because he wouldnt have been considered as proven if he had stayed. We would have probably have agreed on 250K and a set of tracksuits, so this is great news. It will also put pressure on Smurf with regards to either getting his money back or reinvesting in the squad.

Is it a 25% sell on clause? That would equal our transfer record, and he's not even our player. Mental.

This is exactly why Norman stated there's no rush to sell. Sit back, wait for the Hugill windfall then sell to Manorshop for 1.25mill and along with the cash he's already accrued he's quids in.

Advert:

What Hughill windfall? 20% of £8Million is £1.6Million, take off the £600K loss for relegation and you are left with £1Million. 1000 less season tickets sold = £349K, that only leaves £750K. Doesn't even cover the directors loans.

We've sold MORE season tickets than last season,

Don't let the facts get in the way though.

Hughill left in 2014....

I know, but you were saying 1000 less season tickets sold,

Were you meaning 1000 less than in 2014?

If you,re harping back to 2014 there wasn't any directors loans then plus the £349k is at today's prices not 2014 prices.

Advert:

I am just saying that Hughills worth to the club would have probably been greater if we had kept him instead if letting him go. We could be fielding offers for £8Million ourselves plus we might be in the championship.

Agree with that in the main.

What Hughill windfall? 20% of £8Million is £1.6Million, take off the £600K loss for relegation and you are left with £1Million. 1000 less season tickets sold = £349K, that only leaves £750K. Doesn't even cover the directors loans.

Keep up.

I am just saying that Hugills worth to the club would have probably been greater if we had kept him instead if letting him go. We could be fielding offers for £8Million ourselves plus we might be in the championship.

There is no way we would be negotiating £8 million offer if he had stayed. They are getting those offers because he has proven himself in the championship. And there is no way he would have turned us into a championship quality side on his own. How it is turning out could actually be financially the best scenario we could have hoped for.

Advert:

Not really, financially the best scenario we could have hoped for is not how I would see it. Even if we had stayed in league 1 and only sold Hughill for £1.2 million we would have been better off.

Thats if we stayed up. IF we got an offer that much for a player in a **** show of a side. And if we kept him that long and didnt take the first offer we had for him. Look, we can make up pretend scenarios, but the 2 million in the bank (probably more seeing as they are holding out for more) will be our record transfer fee received. For a player who hardly played for us. Ive got no idea why you are trying to make it sound like a bad thing, because whoever negotiated deal for us since Billy bell left the club, have a dire record of getting anything like a good deal for us. Even your mates. Werent they once negotiating a fee for a player (luke rogers maybe?) and they ended up negotiating until it cost us money for him to leave? If BRatt was still here, you'd be telling us what a master stroke it was to put a sell on fee for him.

IF Hugill is sold and we get a good windfall the best scenario for us is the money will offset the dosh Norman wants out of the club and encourage him in selling the club for the offers on the table as there's unlikely to be another opportunity to offload in a better financial scenario for some time, if ever.

Archived