onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Kidsgrove v Port Vale

robf

Advert

It's pretty clear that Eagles wants to play at an higher level and you can't really blame him.He proved last season that he can hold his own in League One and he's obviously holding out for late offers.He might even only want to play for the second half of a season again?

I don't blame Eagles for looking higher up. Surely you want to play at the highest level you can? Money isn't an issue for him.

Having said all that, I thought in April he looked like he'd finally settled in and put in a string of good performances. It depends if he wants to go elsewhere and start again or head back here and play somewhere where he'll be looked after and appreciated. I spoke to someone who knows him back when we signed him (As I was really unsure he was what we needed). All he said was that Eagles was just trying to find somewhere he felt at home. I still think there's a small chance he comes back.

And you thought Pugh played well. I'd pack in if I was you.

Yes, let's all think the same. That would make it an interesting site. Maybe all have similar usernames, just to make sure there's no danger of originality or personality showing through.

Whitehouse and Green would add creativity to our side and must be signed asap, along with Pyke! Those three and a couple of full-backs, and we'll be looking good to go.

Lainton

New RB

Smith

Kay

New LB

Green

Pugh

Guy (if not then De Freitas)

Montano

Pyke

Pope

Subs:

Hornby

Davis

Yates

De Freitas

Whitehouse

Forrester

Barnett

To me that looks potentially a much better side than what we had last season, especially out wide and up front!

If we don't sign any full-backs then it makes total sense to play three at the back.

Don't see why Eagles should be under some sort of obligation to sign for us, or '**** off', just because we took a chance on him & he turned out to be decent. We would have been down probably far earlier than the last game of the season without him, & he was one of the few to actually give us some entertainment. Clearly wanted to get back playing some football anywhere, & now wants to continue at the highest level he possibly can.

I wouldn't expect a player who has been here a few months to care a great deal about the club either, & as above, if we have offered him a 'shop window' & since been relegated, should we expect anything else from him?

Foley was here for much longer & played a much bigger part in the team that was so crap & got relegated, so why are people so forgiving about him joining Northampton to stay at a higher level? Nothing wrong with a players ambition. At least we know Eagles isn't doing it just for the money, like others previously.

OT, someone who I haven't seen many others mention much so far is Pope, how was he?

Whitehouse and Green would add creativity to our side and must be signed asap, along with Pyke! Those three and a couple of full-backs, and we'll be looking good to go.

Lainton

New RB

Smith

Kay

New LB

Green

Pugh

Montano

Pyke

Pope

Subs:

Hornby

Davis

Yates

De Freitas

Whitehouse

Forrester

Barnett

If we don't sign any full-backs then it makes total sense to play three at the back.

Do agree. Thanks to so many Vale fans turning up at Kidsgrove great we have so many loyal supporters. Sign Billy and will be good to see Pykey! All we need now is for Vale to make matchday price £16 and we will be getting there!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Do agree. Thanks to so many Vale fans turning up at Kidsgrove great we have so many loyal supporters. Sign Billy and will be good to see Pykey! All we need now is for Vale to make matchday price £16 and we will be getting there!

Looking forward to tomorrow now, the majority of this makes for good reading. As for matchday prices, can't see £16 (think they were that price or similar when I first started going in 2001), but I do think sticking to £20 around the ground would be good.

Making it 16 pounds entry pat on devalues season tickets and would be financial suicide

And you thought Pugh played well. I'd pack in if I was you.

Why, I am entitled to my opinion aren't I. Danny Puch has made over 300 appearances at league 1 and higher. Has he been rubbish for all of them and no-one noticed? I suppose it depends on your view of the game. Or is it because he used to play for St*ke and you don't like him?

Making it 16 pounds entry pat on devalues season tickets and would be financial suicide

Not really 1000 walk in at £16 is £16,000, 500 walk in at £20 is £10,000. The ground is open on match days and has the same cost on the day whoever turns up. More arrivals also spend on food and drink etc.

Not really 1000 walk in at £16 is £16,000, 500 walk in at £20 is £10,000. The ground is open on match days and has the same cost on the day whoever turns up. More arrivals also spend on food and drink etc.

I think they were referring to financial suicide for next season by reducing the benefit of the annual season ticket - people would buy them unless they could be certain not to miss less than 5 home matches.

Also the Flexi-10 tickets work out at £18/£19 per match.

Lainton

New RB

Smith

Kay

New LB

Green

Pugh

Montano

Pyke

Pope

Subs:

Hornby

Davis

Yates

De Freitas

Whitehouse

Forrester

Barnett

To me that looks potentially a much better side than what we had last season, especially out wide and up front!

That midfield worries me. A quality CM is a must if we have any aspirations to do well this season.

Don't see why Eagles should be under some sort of obligation to sign for us, or '**** off', just because we took a chance on him & he turned out to be decent. We would have been down probably far earlier than the last game of the season without him, & he was one of the few to actually give us some entertainment. Clearly wanted to get back playing some football anywhere, & now wants to continue at the highest level he possibly can.

I wouldn't expect a player who has been here a few months to care a great deal about the club either, & as above, if we have offered him a 'shop window' & since been relegated, should we expect anything else from him?

Foley was here for much longer & played a much bigger part in the team that was so crap & got relegated, so why are people so forgiving about him joining Northampton to stay at a higher level? Nothing wrong with a players ambition. At least we know Eagles isn't doing it just for the money, like others previously.

OT, someone who I haven't seen many others mention much so far is Pope, how was he?

Disagree. His was on the footballing scrapheap and not only did we give him a deal, we kept playing him even when his fitness was poor and his performances average.

When he himself admits that he is properly enjoying his football again after a very difficult period in his life (http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-s-chris-eagles-happy-in-football-again-after-tragedy/story-30152810-detail/story.html) I just struggle to see what his motive is for leaving.

Club took a chance, stuck with him to get his fitness up, guaranteed starting spot, adored by the fans (before this saga), and a club he knows he can start enjoying his football again.

The Foley situation is far different; the chances are, if we didn't take Eagles from the Stanley bench and persist with him in a starting role, he's staring non-league and a part-time personal trainer job in the face at the minute.

He's silly to think a spell on the bench at a lower-midtable League 1 team is going to be any better, all for the sake of around £200 extra a week and the prestige of playing in England third tier.

Not saying I expected a degree of loyalty, just think he's making a stupid move. The fact that, as Brown claims, he legitimately thinks Villa are going to give him a deal says it all about his view of himself.

I take your point but he'd just be an unhappy player wishing he was somewhere else.

Is he being lead by his Agent saying I can get you better than Vale? Just wish he would come out and say I am not signing and then Brown can go out and replace him. Same goes with Bikey as well.

Archived