onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Changes to the law

JOHNNYAITCH

Adult cyclists to have compulsory third party insurance and to pay some sort of road tax. When it comes to children if their parents are going to let them onto the road then they should have to insure them and pay the road tax for them.

Cycles to be licensed and to carry clear identification.

Not insured or not showing the ID then a fine and have your cycle confiscated

What an infantile swipe at Mr Hobb the cyclist - but it backfired (or should that e backpeddled) as Vehicle Tax is based on CO2 emissions so would be free for a bike.

Advert

Letter to the law....you cannot ride a bike legally on the road unless you have passed your proficiency test. If you have passed then it is illegal to cycle on a pavement when a road is available. Wonder if anyone has ever been charged.

Letter to the law....you cannot ride a bike legally on the road unless you have passed your proficiency test. If you have passed then it is illegal to cycle on a pavement when a road is available. Wonder if anyone has ever been charged.

Although I did my proficiency test a long time ago I did not know that. So I can go back on the road but I can't ride on the pavement given I have passed..not that I would anyway..most of the roads near home haven't got a pavement.

And who claimed that cyclists should pay "Vehicle Tax"? Hands up, let's count them..no one ??? Wasn't me neither, I referred to "some sort of road tax". I'll keep trying

As Homer once said "If you are very valiant, it is a god, I think, who gave you this gift". I think he was onto something with that

Everywhere I go there is cycle lanes, where are you trying to cycle to?

Yes, but would you feel safe cycling on them? And they do have a tendency of just finishing and then you're left in the lurch. In Spain and a lot of countries they have coloured cycle paths running alongside the paths not just a line painted on to the main road.

Fat girls in short skirts. Grown men drinking through a straw. Old couples holding hands in public (or private). Judge Rinder. Any tv programme featuring Stan Boardman. Adults who read Harry Potter. Chip shops with names like " Crazy Plaice" or the "Codfather". Shops that don't open when they say they open. And cabbage. All should be banned with immediate effect.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Fat girls in short skirts. Grown men drinking through a straw. Old couples holding hands in public (or private). Judge Rinder. Any tv programme featuring Stan Boardman. Adults who read Harry Potter. Chip shops with names like " Crazy Plaice" or the "Codfather". Shops that don't open when they say they open. And cabbage. All should be banned with immediate effect.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Pineapple.

I think we should be encouraging more people to cycle. I do it a lot when on holiday but feel unsafe over here with our traffic and lack of proper cycle paths.

All for that..but we still have to protect the general public and indeed other cyclists.,,and fund cycle paths and other related measures

Archived