onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Terrorist attack against Muslims leaving mosque

JOHNNYAITCH

It might sound arrogant but why take Islam on board? You are either a Christian or Catholic and you were brought up with the said values...values that make you and every poster on here decent and respectful human beings.

Islam has too many faults to be considered a religion...if it was a 'Religion of peace' then I dare say there would be fewer suicide bombers...I don't see Christians taking out 30 people at a Pop Concert

No but I have just seen a Christian attempt to kill lots of people as an act of terrorism.

My view is that all religion is ridiculous and should be banned, that said the only them and us is terrorist scum like this filth and the one involved in the Manchester bombing versus most decent human beings.

Advert

Jesus in the bible is a very different "person" to Jesus in the Quran, the two cannot be reconciled.

You mean the Jesus/isa who was born of the Virgin Mary and performed miracles and ascended to heaven. Totally coincidental. The stories of Jesus and isa obviously evolved entirely separately despite the linked origins of both religions.

The thing that frustrated me was the totally biased reporting of the PC brigade (aka the BBC) making out this is the result of some sort of rampant Islamophobia.

Now I'm not trying in any way, shape or form to defend this heinous attack, which is the work of terrorist who does not represent any of the values I hold.

But you can see why people get rubbed up the wrong way when the MCB are very quick to use inflammatory terms like Islamophobia and asking for greater protection of Muslims!

So let's get this straight...that's greater protection for a group that's caused the overwhelming majority of these attacks and now, unsurprisingly finds itself on the wrong end of one. Ummmm.

This is just the start of much worse to come imho we are already on the slippery slope to something that was unimaginable just ten years ago

The thing that frustrated me was the totally biased reporting of the PC brigade (aka the BBC) making out this is the result of some sort of rampant Islamophobia.

Now I'm not trying in any way, shape or form to defend this heinous attack, which is the work of terrorist who does not represent any of the values I hold.

But you can see why people get rubbed up the wrong way when the MCB are very quick to use inflammatory terms like Islamophobia and asking for greater protection of Muslims!

So let's get this straight...that's greater protection for a group that's caused the overwhelming majority of these attacks and now, unsurprisingly finds itself on the wrong end of one. Ummmm.

Greater in the sense of 'more than currently' not 'more than other groups.

I'm the first to criticise religion as being a cause of such attacks, but that doesn't mean all muslims should be blamed for them and lose the protections from harm. You're falling into the same thought process of extremists here. The British government did such and such therefore all British people are fair targets. Or muslims undertook such and such atrocities therefore all muslims should lose there protections.

Not true, and doesn't make sense - why would I accuse you of hating muslims if you posted on, say, the General Election or, God forbid, something actually about Port Vale. I don't recall ever using he word muslims in a reply to any of your posts.

I have not turned any corners but have a life to attend to, and other things take priority right now, so I doubt I will post on this thread at all.

So, again, I ask politely - out of respect for those affected - will you and anyone who follows round replying for you please just leave it be and not namecheck me or start an argument again on this thread at least. Thank you (hopefully).

If you don't want me to reply then don't post in the first place. It's got absolutely nothing to do with respecting the victims.

My post was fair, you've got form for accusing me of racism (Without evidence) and so despite my post in this thread not being racist in the first place, I thought I'd include a little Dave disclaimer just so we avoided all the "omg you hate all muslims" garbage.

Not sure what you're so insulted by here.

I must agree , the BBC is so pc its unbelievable.

did anyone hear radio stoke this morning, interviewing worshippers outside a shelton mosque, not one woman was heard, just men. Yet the bbc love womans rights , except if theyre moslem it seems

When Muslim nutters perpetrate terrorist attacks then 90% of Muslims condemn them, though there are the 10% who say "well shouldn't have helped America bomb Iraq/Syria/whatever", "the police/government/media are biased against Muslims".

When non-Muslim nutters perpetrate terrorist attacks then 90% of non-Muslims condemn them, though there are the 10% who say "well they started it with 9/11/Manchester bombing/whatever", "the police/government/media are biased in favour of Muslims".

I must agree , the BBC is so pc its unbelievable.

did anyone hear radio stoke this morning, interviewing worshippers outside a shelton mosque, not one woman was heard, just men. Yet the bbc love womans rights , except if theyre moslem it seems

Except if Theresa May's involved,then anything goes,especially if she's not going round hugging and kissing everybody?

Islam is an Abrahamic monotheistic religion which professes that there is only one and incomparable god, the other 2 Abrahamic religions being Christianity and Judaism. Thus from the same source but different interpretations. For information only, not the start of a theological discussion with myself.

Interpretations being the key though.

Islam has too many faults to be considered a religion...if it was a 'Religion of peace' then I dare say there would be fewer suicide bombers...I don't see Christians taking out 30 people at a Pop Concert

Islam has a huge way to go to match the historical body count that Christianity has racked up. Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, sentencing the whole of the Netherlands to death....

Archived