onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to come back?

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Lets not let it escalate into another slanging match eh?

My opinion is that with some people it will NEVER be the right time to come back.

I honestly believe that people, like i have done, need to swallow some pride and get back to supporting Micky and the boys.

If nothing else, lifes too short.

Lets not let it escalate into another slanging match eh?

My opinion is that with some people it will NEVER be the right time to come back.

I honestly believe that people, like i have done, need to swallow some pride and get back to supporting Micky and the boys.

If nothing else, lifes too short.

Spot on with that ST, its time for everyone to move on and stop the infighting and get back as you say, "roaring the team on".

It's time you all came back swallowed your pride and support our team I was anti Mo anti B&G but now it's time to put it in the past and pull in the same direction

swallowing pride ? I assume you are thanking all the various campaign groups for helping to get Ble Sky in rather than Ameriturf ?

I think it goes beyond swallowing pride. For many, this battle has taken their love/passion of Vale away. They have seen a horrible side to this club, even to the fan base, and that has surely had an impact on them. They have lost trust in the club, and that is much more important than their own pride. Others have simply found other things to do with their Saturday and are enjoying the extra £20.50 in their pocket every other week. Yes, some are being stubborn, but I think the above reasons account for more fans than stubbornness does.

I don't think SEO need to release a statement to show their current stance. SEO is just a name. Each individual fan has their own list of things that need achieving before they return. For some it is BB and GO leaving, for some it is MS going on the board, some will want to see 8m quid materialise.

Personally, I think change is here, it's just a matter of time before BB and GO leave and the money starts to make an impact. But that ball is rolling, it really is just a matter of time. I for one would now be willing to attend home games. However, my boss just put me on a 1k training course and wants to get his money back through me working on Saturdays instead of hiring contractors in. So I cant attend no matter what. But if I could attend, I would have to pick and choose my games as £20.50 is a lot of money to me right now.

I think it goes beyond swallowing pride. For many, this battle has taken their love/passion of Vale away. They have seen a horrible side to this club, even to the fan base, and that has surely had an impact on them. They have lost trust in the club, and that is much more important than their own pride. Others have simply found other things to do with their Saturday and are enjoying the extra £20.50 in their pocket every other week. Yes, some are being stubborn, but I think the above reasons account for more fans than stubbornness does.

I don't think SEO need to release a statement to show their current stance. SEO is just a name. Each individual fan has their own list of things that need achieving before they return. For some it is BB and GO leaving, for some it is MS going on the board, some will want to see 8m quid materialise.

Personally, I think change is here, it's just a matter of time before BB and GO leave and the money starts to make an impact. But that ball is rolling, it really is just a matter of time. I for one would now be willing to attend home games. However, my boss just put me on a 1k training course and wants to get his money back through me working on Saturdays instead of hiring contractors in. So I cant attend no matter what. But if I could attend, I would have to pick and choose my games as £20.50 is a lot of money to me right now.

excellent post

Good post. It is surprising how easy it is to get out of the habit when you don't have a ST. However, I was tempted to go on Saturday but had other commitments.

Mark Sims will be the clincher though for many as this will appear to rubber stamp all that has gone on behind the scenes.

As with many protest movements, the end is hard to measure, with some people happy to compromise but others holding out and with the various fall outs that go with this. It is a shame to see Vale fans such as Dave Felstead questioned as to whether he has gone over to the dark side.

A salient and succinct personal view that is no doubt shared by many at this point in time :yes:

Good post really in Sting's opinion. Sting can now be seen back at games and providing GO and BB are no longer on the board he will be buying a half ST at Christmas as that's job done for him. If people continue staying away because Sims doesn't join the board it's silly ISO. Sting can understand people not going back just yet, but a good half ST offer around Christmas and GO and BB both long gone and to be honest Sting would be a bit disappointed if people continue to stay away as a form of protest. Each to their own though.

Good post really in Sting's opinion. Sting can now be seen back at games and providing GO and BB are no longer on the board he will be buying a half ST at Christmas as that's job done for him. If people continue staying away because Sims doesn't join the board it's silly ISO. Sting can understand people not going back just yet, but a good half ST offer around Christmas and GO and BB both long gone and to be honest Sting would be a bit disappointed if people continue to stay away as a form of protest. Each to their own though.

Tosh agrees with Sting, although Tosh will be paying on the day until he's happy with how things progress.:)

Sting should have had it for his birthday.

Mind you ridiculous as it may sound , over 60's have reduced gate prices but not reduced STs . Whats the incentive?

You'll have to wait a few months for your bus pass though.:D

Sting should have had it for his birthday.

Mind you ridiculous as it may sound , over 60's have reduced gate prices but not reduced STs . Whats the incentive?

You'll have to wait a few months for your bus pass though.:D

If price is your issue then fair enough but that's a different matter entirely in Sting's opinion.

Archived