onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to come back?

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Black and Gold and Starve em Out where created to bring about change at our football club.......this, to my mind, has been achieved and 90% of the old guard have gone or are going; a lot of people are obsessed with Mark Simms been put on the board but he has declined the offer, he may not be comfortable with being on the board knowing that he is not wanted by the people who carry most of the power.

Mo and Mark came mighty close to taking over the club and should be praised for all of there efforts, but sadly it didn't happen, we have new owners now, they have invested, they are improving the investructure of the club which will bring in more money and consequently more investment, they will be improving our training facilities which can only be good for the future of the club; we have the core of a decent squad and an excellent manager......can we really ask for more?

Ultimately the club will only be as succesfull as our support base will allow, the more fans coming the more income, the more income the bigger budget, the bigger budget the better squad. etc etc etc

I know Stoke have been fantasticly succesfull over the last 4-5 years and it is due the fact that they have had access to Peter Coates's vast fortune, good luck to them; but I am a Vale fan and I will be attending as and when I can, so come on, get down to Vale Park and lets enjoy the remainder of what could be a good season. :upthevale:

Black and Gold and Starve em Out where created to bring about change at our football club.......this, to my mind, has been achieved and 90% of the old guard have gone or are going; a lot of people are obsessed with Mark Simms been put on the board but he has declined the offer, he may not be comfortable with being on the board knowing that he is not wanted by the people who carry most of the power.

Mo and Mark came mighty close to taking over the club and should be praised for all of there efforts, but sadly it didn't happen, we have new owners now, they have invested, they are improving the investructure of the club which will bring in more money and consequently more investment, they will be improving our training facilities which can only be good for the future of the club; we have the core of a decent squad and an excellent manager......can we really ask for more?

Ultimately the club will only be as succesfull as our support base will allow, the more fans coming the more income, the more income the bigger budget, the bigger budget the better squad. etc etc etc

I know Stoke have been fantasticly succesfull over the last 4-5 years and it is due the fact that they have had access to Peter Coates's vast fortune, good luck to them; but I am a Vale fan and I will be attending as and when I can, so come on, get down to Vale Park and lets enjoy the remainder of what could be a good season. :upthevale:

Couldnt put it better me sen except for the spellin ..:D

I'm ready to go back, just waiting for the new season ticket deal Perry has lined up, i believe by xmas the 2 will be gone & we can look forward to a near complete stadium & a team pushing for promotion, what deals will Micky have lined up in new year to push on for a top 7 come May??? Exiciting times ahead? - who knows but time to got back me thinks (just can't justify £20.50!!!)

yesterday morning i would have totally agreed with this post

today i'm totally ****** off not just with the board but the groups i have supported this last 12 months, it's put me off i aint going back until their is clarity from all sides

in alot of ways wish i never got involved and was oblivious to this **** it has killed my passion in the football i have followed for 40 years

If you were going to buy an item for £200 but someone said they would sell you exactly the same for £150 would you pay £200 or £150?

If I had just told everyone else I was willing to pay £200 for it, and I big part of my bid was about how open an honest I am, then I would pay £200 regardless as the difference in money is small it wouldn't matter that much to me.

yesterday morning i would have totally agreed with this post

today i'm totally ****** off not just with the board but the groups i have supported this last 12 months, it's put me off i aint going back until their is clarity from all sides

in alot of ways wish i never got involved and was oblivious to this **** it has killed my passion in the football i have followed for 40 years

I think the sad thing is that loads of people feel the same as you do - and what worries me is that there won't be the clarity you're looking for for quite a while. There are people with vested interests on both sides of this discussion - who have got their own reasons for wanting things to go one way or the other, and they are not reluctant to open their mouths and try to persuade others. That makes it difficult, because trust is in such short supply - and there are no perfect solutions.

Personally I'd take the recent statement from NLV and others quoted in the Sentinel article and give it a chance - and get the football back in your bloodstream - then, if we need to change things again, well, we have a template for doing it - regardless of who has technical control of the shareholding. As we've shown, you don't have to win all the battles to make a difference, and sometimes, not quite winning makes more happen because it motivates you to try harder.

I hope you can get it sorted soon...

Why should they? Its fans like you that tried to kill our club, we don't want you back go down the road.

Sorry, but who is this "we"?

Are you seriously suggesting the vale can afford to lose a thousand or so supporters and survive long-term?

As for trying to kill "your" club, do you honestly think there would be any real investment without the pressure for change?

I bet you can't answer either question......

Sorry, but who is this "we"?

Are you seriously suggesting the vale can afford to lose a thousand or so supporters and survive long-term?

As for trying to kill "your" club, do you honestly think there would be any real investment without the pressure for change?

I bet you can't answer either question......

"we" are the fans that kept the club alive whilst you all threw your toys out the pram and sulked.

the new investment has just secured our long term future, whilst it would be nice to have an extra 1000 in the ground we dont actually "need" it, would be nice if the extra 1000 were new fans rather than the ones that tried to kill the club.

can you prove 100% that this investment wouldn't have happened without protests? No, I didn't think so, bore off down Stoke. Your not a true Vale fan, we don't need you.

Melv, with due respect,I've heard all the excuses, my question still stands,did MO tell a lie at the EGM ?

Was Lee a director in all but name, as the sponsor for Mudie? Thus not included in the general offer to shareholders, there is no answer really. If I was Lee I would not sleep knowing that the future of Port Vale is now at risk due to my actions, and that the shareholders have had no say in the future. Sorry to butt in, but I am not happy.

Archived