onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to come back?

Spunk Trumpet

Ticket prices need to be reviewed, there has to be a balance between buying a season ticket for a reasonable price and walk up price, but if the pay on the day price approaches twice the per match price it tends to deter people who cannot justify STs for various reasons, work commitments, distance to travel etc. ST pensioners are in a different position, since they only get 3 free games per season, which used to be the general rule and covered missed games during a season. In those days a season ticket was really only a convenience, to reserve a seat, with its advantages, and big match vouchers. Whereas the early bird offers improve cash flow in desperate times, now that we are in a different era the pricing structure needs to be looked at, with proper consultation and hopefully playing in a higher league.

Advert

Whether we like it we now have to give Perry Deakin and Mike Lloyd the benefit of the doubt regarding the Bluesky investment.

Only time will tell if it will come up trumps.

In the meantime, surely its now time for those who are staying away to come back?

Lets leave the politics to one side now and get Vale Park rocking again.

Paul mate, when are you back in the UK again?:)

Fully agree with you 100%, it's time to get back down to Vale Park again and support the team we all love. It's been way too long.:(

Haven't been to VP so far this season as new job requirements have buzzered up my Saturdays, and I was waiting for the dust to settle from the EGM before I decided to go midweek.

On the balance of things I hereby declare that my first match this season will be Northampton on Friday week. Would it be a nice idea for everyone else in my position to do the same? Try to bring some of the atmosphere back, which appears to have been lacking so far.

I think it goes beyond swallowing pride. For many, this battle has taken their love/passion of Vale away. They have seen a horrible side to this club, even to the fan base, and that has surely had an impact on them. They have lost trust in the club, and that is much more important than their own pride. Others have simply found other things to do with their Saturday and are enjoying the extra £20.50 in their pocket every other week. Yes, some are being stubborn, but I think the above reasons account for more fans than stubbornness does.

I don't think SEO need to release a statement to show their current stance. SEO is just a name. Each individual fan has their own list of things that need achieving before they return. For some it is BB and GO leaving, for some it is MS going on the board, some will want to see 8m quid materialise.

Personally, I think change is here, it's just a matter of time before BB and GO leave and the money starts to make an impact. But that ball is rolling, it really is just a matter of time. I for one would now be willing to attend home games. However, my boss just put me on a 1k training course and wants to get his money back through me working on Saturdays instead of hiring contractors in. So I cant attend no matter what. But if I could attend, I would have to pick and choose my games as £20.50 is a lot of money to me right now.

That's a fantastically well put response, birdbotherer.

I've put a ridiculous amount of time and effort into B&G and it's now really taken it's toll on me. Well, the thing that's given me the greatest disillusionment is the fanbase divide.

I've not yet been to a home game this season and have only been to Crewe and Barnet away. I'm still staying away, not to starve em out as obviously that's now pointless. I'm not staying away because Mo didn't get in or because I'm bitter. I've simply had my passion for Vale absolutely demolished over all of this.

At present, I'm absolutely rammed to the eyeballs at work and having just spent two years clinging onto my business by my fingernails, I'm glad that I have the time to concentrate my efforts on that.

I will return to Vale but I'm not setting a particular game and I'm not excited at the prospect. I'm out of the habit of going. I'll go again when I have the odd spare 20-40 quid and am at a loose end. I won't shift other things like I would usually do.

I could go to work and earn myself some decent wedge and plough through a lot of good paying work I currently have on, or I could jizz my money and time away in the pub and at Vale. Easy choice.

At the moment, I'll choose work and weekends away in the mountains with the odd game here and there.

When I do go to Vale, at the moment, I want to sit away somewhere quietly and take in the match and try to get that bug back. I don't want to go half-cut and sit in the paddock, falsely singing my heart out and cheering anything Vale do blindly. I just haven't got that way about me anymore.

Archived