onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

British Lions Tour 2017

NZ PVFC

Gats did get it right.But now that the euphoria has died down.It will count for nothing if we lose on Saturday.The AB without SBW will still be a potent force.The big positive for me on Saturday was keeping the ABs from scoring as this fact seems to rarely get a mention and Hansen will be seething about that.

They also didn't get there physicality in the second test that they had in the first.On this coming Saturday at Eden Park I think we will witness first hand why the AB are the best in the world.

Advert

Gats did get it right.But now that the euphoria has died down.It will count for nothing if we lose on Saturday..

Whilst obviously winning the series has to be the main aim I don't agree that if we lose all that's happened so far will count for nothing.

In pure sporting "results driven" terms yes the records would show we lost the series but we all know that the Lions is about so much more than that. Bottom line we'll forever be able to talk about how an untried team went into the All Black's back yard and beat them.

You might as well say Vale's wins in the FA cup over Tottenham, Everton etc count for nothing cos we didn't win the trophy in the end.

Fair play.I understand what you mean.But I would rather have the memory of winning the Test series.So that I can have the bragging rights over my Kiwi mates.Everytime I take them to a game in the Premiership they are constantly ridiculing how slow the standard of rugby is.

Fairynuff :)

I go and watch Exeter Chiefs occasionally and I do find it somewhat slow but that's one the beauties of the game..the fast. athletic, "throw it around" team doesn't necessarily win when playing the slow, fat boy dominated, "up the jumper" team. (I guess I like that cos I was always one of the slow, fat boy, up the jumper types :yes:)

Tell them if they want it to be fast all the time (but with fewer skills) they should go and watch Rugby League!!!!

I can see the all blacks bouncing back with a 20ish point win. Lions need to stop the stupid penalties just gifting points away, if we can stop stop and defend as we did Saturday there's a chance.

I feel I have to take exception to your comments about Rugby League having "less skills" than their Union counterparts. It should be recognised that the two codes are basically different sports. In League, the basic way of scoring is to score tries. Union is basically won with the boot, ie penalties. The much vaunted Sonny Bill Williams started as a League player as did England union World Cup winner Jason Robinson. I enjoy both codes, but to berate the League version is, in my opinion, a little harsh.

In league you need the following skills in your team (there may be others)

passing

tackling

running with the ball

kicking for points

kicking to touch

In union you need you team to have skills in the following areas (there may be others)

passing

rucks

mauls

scrums

lineouts

running with the ball

tackling

kicking to touch

kicking for points

How does union not involve more skills?

Don't get me wrong, league is faster and more athletic but then running the 100 metres is faster and more athletic than playing football but football requires more skills

Getting nervous

I'm still in the "chuffed we won one" stage. I'm going to sap every last second out of it. Tomorrow morning is when I'm expecting the nerves.

What ever happens, it's been an entertains if not entirely successful tour. Bring on the Bokke in 2021!

I fear a blacklash.

When they lost in Chicago they made certain they didn't lose in Dublin a few weeks later and played on the edge to put it mildly.

They will raise their game but I'm not sure we can do the same.

However, they're missing SBW and have shuffled their backline and we should have a lot more confidence now.

I'm hoping we can sneak it but I wouldn't be surprised if they won comfortably.

But, yes, a great climax to the series and a huge plus for future Lions tours.

Great entertainment.

Archived