onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

British Lions Tour 2017

NZ PVFC

Advert

He has got high level experience. You were right about that. But, yes, it's a puzzle calling up all these - with respect - poorer quality players. Well not all of them (Russell was a bit unlucky) but many of the others must think they've won the lottery.

I don't know how feasible it is to bring a bigger squad here but certainly there are 4-5 English lads and a few Scots and Irish who were very unlucky and could have held their own.

No international pedigree.What about the Lions in Australia 2013

The point is no one will recruit him long term.

As for his call ups, **** me. Dme Shirley Bassey has more chance of a Lions call up than Joe Launchbury. Wales are ******* dreadful at the moment had his bias is as pathetic as it is embarrassing.

The point is no one will recruit him long term.

As for his call ups, **** me. Dme Shirley Bassey has more chance of a Lions call up than Joe Launchbury. Wales are ******* dreadful at the moment had his bias is as pathetic as it is embarrassing.

Ok we shall discuss this matter more formerly in the South Stand at the AJB first home game of the season 😉

One or two surprising picks for Saturday but rugby is very much a squad game and many of the subs should get an opportunity in the second half when the Blacks' fitness and determination often takes the game away from the opposition. The real shock for me was not playing Itoje but I suppose AWJ has got bags of experience if not as dynamic.

I'm hoping a few of theirs are not fully match fit and we can take advantage but it's a huge ask. Just hope we don't kick away possession and can keep it tight up front.

Fingers crossed that Farrell is fully fit but Sexton aint a bad replacement is he?

The other thought that struck me, after watching England reserves in Argentina, is what a first XV the boys in white can now field, if everyone was fit.

One or two surprising picks for Saturday but rugby is very much a squad game and many of the subs should get an opportunity in the second half when the Blacks' fitness and determination often takes the game away from the opposition. The real shock for me was not playing Itoje but I suppose AWJ has got bags of experience if not as dynamic.

I'm hoping a few of theirs are not fully match fit and we can take advantage but it's a huge ask. Just hope we don't kick away possession and can keep it tight up front.

Fingers crossed that Farrell is fully fit but Sexton aint a bad replacement is he?

The other thought that struck me, after watching England reserves in Argentina, is what a first XV the boys in white can now field, if everyone was fit.

The Argentina tour, as a sale fan, has had an added interest for me. Tom Curry and Denny Solomona have gone well and it's a credit to the other players and Eddie Jones that as first time caps they've been able to hit the ground running.

As for the All Blacks, we need to be smarter than usual. They will unlock us with their skill set if we don't pay 100% attention. I like the team although my preference is Daly at 15 with Nowell on the wing, replacing Willimas and JJ in for Davies but apart form that I think it's our strongest team. I'd have picked AWJ because of experience and the effect of Maro off the bench.

Good game.

The Blacks are fantastic at the breakdown and their handling skills are sublime. You can only admire them.

But we had 2-3 opportunities and fluffed them all. They took theirs and that was the difference.

It's been like that all tour. We simply have to take our chances when they come.

Thought the Lions were outstanding,seeing as they were all together put together in three weeks with no respite from cup finals.No resting period from there respective domestic games at the business end of the season.

To play the best team in the world with limited game plan for 50 minutes was absolutely brilliant.Given a wee bit of luck as I thought when Smith and Crotty left the field with injuries Ihave to admit I did get carried away.

As posted previously we needed to finish our opportunities as did Owen who uncharacteristicly missed two penalties unfortunately they went begging.But how many of us kept in the air when Williams side stepped Read and then trailblazed to set up a magnificent try.

I was screaming and swearing like I haven't done for years when we scored that try

Lots of positives and IMO we can only get better. Improved concentration is vital..you cannot switch off against these guys and as has been said, take our chances cos we will get them. Daley showed he's good in attack but lacking in defence..I think he's worth persevering with. I'd seriously look at Best to make us a bit more competitive when wrestling for the ball. Itoje in for Jones for me.

Looking forward to the next match with optimism

I'm not saying he should start but Lawes has been very impressive when he hasn't had to go off the pitch for a head injury. I'd have him in the squad for his athleticism.

It's all iffs and buts, I know that, but they take their chances and don't often come away from the 22 without scoring points. We simply can't afford to fluff these half chances.

I also thought that JD played very well, as did Teo. It was a mystery why he was taken off. Sonny Bill is such a force of nature that you can't play opposite him without a big unit or he'll run over you.

Very good match though. A proper physical battle but no little skill either. I'm not quite sure how these NZs keep producing boys of such magnificent quality. Read hadn't played since goodness knows when but had a storming game.

I'm not quite sure how these NZs keep producing boys of such magnificent quality. Read hadn't played since oodness knows when but had a storming game.

If I knew the answer I'd be earning a fortune coaching England to the World Cup every 4 years!!

Attitude to the game and how to play it, attitude to fitness, allowing everyone a chance when young to show what they can do, no or little elitism, access to high quality coaching at all levels, all their best athletes get a shot at rugby...many many reasons. They had a professional attitude to rugby at the top level long before it became a professional game and we (as in Europe) are still playing catch up

Archived