onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

British Lions Tour 2017

NZ PVFC

Advert

What are the chances of the British Lions beating the All Blacks this year?

I will be going to the 2 games in Wellington so hope for some good results.

Is anyone coming over for the tour?

So jealous of ya man ! Being honest I can only see one winner, the all blacks are immense and I think they will be just too good in their own backyard

• 2 weeks later...

Defeat v the Auckland Blues this morning

Didn't see nor hear it but from the accounts I have read we need to up our game dramatically.

I just don't think we have enough match winning players to unlock them and no burning pace in the side. But you never know

I saw the Blacks wallop the French by a landslide in Cardiff at the last World Cup and when you watch them at close quarters their skill sets are amazing. Even the big boys have fast hands and speed and can offload the ball easily and quickly. Their support play is also superb.

I think Gatland was perhaps the wrong man for the job. He's a bit predictable and has chosen a lot of Welsh boys in his backroom staff and on the field but he generally plays in a one dimensional way. We are not going to get close to these boys by kicking away possession and giving away penalties left, right and centre. But I wonder if we have enough flair and creativity in the backs. We might do ok up front but it's a lack of imagination and pace that bothers me.

Should be a great tour. Enjoy it NZ PVFC. You don't get to see the Lions very often. And the Blacks as we have to reluctantly admit are pure class. I nearly said gold then but better not mention Australia to you.

Doesn't look good for Lawes but we are well in this

Injuries are starting to mount and to key players not also rans. Hogg and Vunipola and Lawes would all have been in the test squad for me.

Every game is physical, and I mean physical! If we could only get that tiny bit of accuracy into our play and the final pass then we'd score a few points but it isn't quite dropping for us. Several of these boys today though have put up their hands, which is good.

Ah well..If Daley's pen had gone a yard further we'd have been celebrating a fine win. Lessons will be learned and Gatland will mainly take good things from that.

But yes it's no good getting in good positions and not making the most of them...the big southern hemisphere teams always seem to take their chances when we don't do the same.

Ah well..If Daley's pen had gone a yard further we'd have been celebrating a fine win. Lessons will be learned and Gatland will mainly take good things from that.

But yes it's no good getting in good positions and not making the most of them...the big southern hemisphere teams always seem to take their chances when we don't do the same.

Faz was the culprit today, although he shouldn't have been asked to kick for the posts as his introduction to the game.

As TheSage says above, the majority are light years behind in their skill set. Webb & Joseph were quick minded enough but if those around them aren't playing to the beat of the same drum it's useless. I'm normally a fan but Jack Nowell is really off the pace

As you say there are a lot of positives but for me, a lot that suggests the All Blacks are going to batter us. As you say, they are bigger, stronger and more skilful.

Faz was the culprit today, although he shouldn't have been asked to kick for the posts as his introduction to the game.

As TheSage says above, the majority are light years behind in their skill set. Webb & Joseph were quick minded enough but if those around them aren't playing to the beat of the same drum it's useless. I'm normally a fan but Jack Nowell is really off the pace

As you say there are a lot of positives but for me, a lot that suggests the All Blacks are going to batter us. As you say, they are bigger, stronger and more skilful.

Spot on. Can't disagree with any of that.

Why is it that the cream of the British Isles simply don't have their ball handling skills and natural ability? Are they over coached? Enjoyable game this morning but my word all their provincial teams look like test quality.

I saw the Blacks wallop the French by a landslide in Cardiff at the last World Cup and when you watch them at close quarters their skill sets are amazing. Even the big boys have fast hands and speed and can offload the ball easily and quickly. Their support play is also superb.

I think Gatland was perhaps the wrong man for the job. He's a bit predictable and has chosen a lot of Welsh boys in his backroom staff and on the field but he generally plays in a one dimensional way. We are not going to get close to these boys by kicking away possession and giving away penalties left, right and centre. But I wonder if we have enough flair and creativity in the backs. We might do ok up front but it's a lack of imagination and pace that bothers me.

Should be a great tour. Enjoy it NZ PVFC. You don't get to see the Lions very often. And the Blacks as we have to reluctantly admit are pure class. I nearly said gold then but better not mention Australia to you.

Can you currently name me a coach that's more successful in northern hemisphere rugby than Gats.

In the last 3-4 years, there are probably a few of them aren't there? When did Wales last win the slam or triple crown? 4-5 years ago?

I did say 'perhaps' in my statement because you can't deny his record overall has been good. But has not rugby moved on now? Isn't it time we came up with some new ideas and different coaching and strategies? The Scots have progressed, as have England under Jones, but have Wales under Gatland in the past 3-4 years? I don't know. But we do seem to have a very predictable way of playing. Only a thought.

Regardless of who is in charge let's hope they can rise to the challenge. But we've already lost Vunipola, Hogg and please god not Farrell and we can't afford to lose any more. The All Blacks have just caned Samoa 78-0 so they are clearly still a bit rusty!

Can you currently name me a coach that's more successful in northern hemisphere rugby than Gats.

I don't think you can play that card, Eddie Jones wouldn't lose any sleep if his only competition for a job was Gats. However you look at it, Gats has never coached an elite level International team. For starters, I think Hanson is a mediocre at best head coach but he still got the nod over Gatland when Henry stood down. The Welsh bias he's shown this time a round is reason enough for him to never be considered again. The Wales team have suffered under him & Howley in recent times because he's so set in his ways. Scotland have evolved beyond the Welsh and that is criminal, from a Wales point of view. I also think if cotter hadn't have been leaving the Scotland job he'd have got the Lions.

the 78-0 result this morning is genuinely terrifying

Archived