onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Both offers rejected...

Arthur

Norman Smurthwaite whatever you think of him Is not the Devil. Yes he made mistakes. He is a human. Imagine it was your dad that people were abusing and threatening constantly would you think twice then?

I would advise my Dad so sell up and move on... it's not worth the upset and abuse.

I would advise him to cut his losses and don't let his ego get in the way of his happiness. Especially if he had the Money Smurfs accountant tells people he has.

I would advise my Dad that using underhand comments to undermine a bid made by genuine fans of the club who want to help the community is a stupid thing to do and makes him look childish and as though he has lost all self respect.

I would tell my Dad that people's respect is worth more than money and that hanging on to make sure he "wins" over handing back to the community something they love is a move that is making him upset, ill, scared and ruining his quality of life and those around him.

Then again, my Dad doesn't have an ego that needs to say he won. He loves this club so much that he would have been ashamed of the way the fans had been spoken to. Ashamed of the way the club had been run. Ashamed of port vales reputation being tarnished. My Dad would be looking for the best outcome for Port Vale... not himself!

Advert

If we didn't play football please remind me on how we earnt our points? The football league didn't feel sorry for us and just award them.

In reference to the abuse on twitter if someone was harassing you and abusing you, as a normal human you would react. It's only natural to do so. Regardless of your position you defend your actions and make a stance.

My hat goes off to Smurf for putting up with all your dribble. It really does. You talk about the devil. Let me remind you that he is not walking away and putting us into admin. Maybe this is what you want? Who knows what goes on in your tiny little brains sometimes.

Dodds - he had a great shot I'll agree but far too inconsistent. De Freitas, Eagles, Thomas were overall better this season.

Dodds scored more goals than De Freitas, Eagles and Thomas combined, and he did that coming off the bench,in fact it could be argued his goals kept Shrewsbury up.

Tell you what gets me,

To have money is one thing, but Norman also had something than only a select few will ever have.

This club binds us all together, young and old from all walks of life, and to actaully have the power to affect people positively in this great city is beyond price.

There was a chance for Norman to go down in folklore / legend as the catalyst for change.

Norman said that he had the funds to progress this great club, but has clearly decided that keeping money in his pocket is more important than his legacy.

When I look at Norman I don't feel anger, just pity

With the back drop of all the abuse and threats which l ignore l read this and it make me really sad

I am so sorry and wish things would of been different for us both

Painful reading

The odd goal here and there are worthless if you don't put the effort in on the pitch. He drifted in and out far too often and that's why he's playing in the lower leagues and started out at Leicester.

So goals are worthless, and what has starting out at Leicester got to do with it ? I'll ignore any further comments of yours.

With the back drop of all the abuse and threats which l ignore l read this and it make me really sad

any business owner in the world doesn't go out and cause problems with the one thing that keeps the company afloat, its customers (fans) you need to reach out to them and make then want to buy your product..

i knew this season was over when we lost to coventry but now with the bids rejected today im fearing the worse next season :( longer this circus carries on i can see us falling straight down the trapdoor and out the EFL

the otherweek you said you admitted your balls up this season and i thank you for admitting it but you have 2 choices now

1. You can take a lower "estimated value" for the vale and cut your losses and take some dignity and at least some respect the fans have left for you.

2. Drag it on as long as possible and wait for this silly 4-6m Value bid comes in and take us beyond recovery.

If you love the vale as you say you do you need to do the right thing and not drag it out.

Norman Smurthwaite whatever you think of him Is not the Devil. Yes he made mistakes. He is a human. Imagine it was your dad that people were abusing and threatening constantly would you think twice then?

When i went a pre-season friendly at sheff wed whilst walking around the ground proudly wearing my colours a man stopped me on the bridge outside the ground well dressed formal kind of chap and the first thing he said was " what do you think of your chairman"- (thought strange question for an away supporter to ask ) he carried on and told me that our chairman wasnt a nice person to work for nor a nice person to deal with explained a few other details (dont want to identify him ) then went on his way which was quite bizarre as no discussion about football.

I take people at face value and generally not let what others say affect my views- as we all can have an axe to grind but it seems this man isnt alone and hes not associated with pvfc you have to question why

Do the right thing and sell to someone with the best interests of the club at heart ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived