onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Second bidder ( Kevin Jones Consortium)

Santa

Advert

Don't think I said definitely did I? If so I was wrong as it appears there is no categoric truth being told by anyone. I'm still more than happy to believe the bid was turned down flat immediately however as three separate sources confirmed this. Going to the sentinel days later with a key part of the story untold seems strange as does some bloke from Carlisle in the local rag today saying he worries about Manorshop as they are a club sponsor

The only persons who would know with certainty are the people who made and received the bid, So either smurf? or synectics?

Synectics?.... unlikely

smurf?.... no! surely not? shoot from the hip honest norm?

The only persons who would know with certainty are the people who made and received the bid, So either smurf? or synectics?

Synectics?.... unlikely

smurf?.... no! surely not? shoot from the hip honest norm?

There are other people that would have to know as generally the offer would go through professionals.

It's hard to judge the bid currently. Suggesting Kevin Jones doesn't have the money to fund such a bid is a suggestion built on quicksand. Synectics are funding the bid through their business, so you can rightfully judge from their accounts (with the correct expertise) as to whether they have the funds to do what they want to.

However there are so many unknowns about the other bid. How much does Kevin Jones have himself, who are the other backers? Accounts for ICL and Manor Shop won't tell you much, if anything at all.

People are going to favour the synectics bid because they've gone public with both their offer and intentions. It's only human to have that preference (Go with what is perceived as a known entity as opposed to the unknown entity). Should more information be more forthcoming from the Kevin Jones bid, then it can be assessed with the same parameters as the Synectics bid. Until then they can't be fully compared.

It looks like it will be out of our hands anyway. Norman will make a decision, hopefully he takes both bids at their merit and chooses the best option for the long-term future for the club.

It's hard to judge the bid currently. Suggesting Kevin Jones doesn't have the money to fund such a bid is a suggestion built on quicksand. Synectics are funding the bid through their business, so you can rightfully judge from their accounts (with the correct expertise) as to whether they have the funds to do what they want to.

However there are so many unknowns about the other bid. How much does Kevin Jones have himself, who are the other backers? Accounts for ICL and Manor Shop won't tell you much, if anything at all.

People are going to favour the synectics bid because they've gone public with both their offer and intentions. It's only human to have that preference (Go with what is perceived as a known entity as opposed to the unknown entity). Should more information be more forthcoming from the Kevin Jones bid, then it can be assessed with the same parameters as the Synectics bid. Until then they can't be fully compared.

It looks like it will be out of our hands anyway. Norman will make a decision, hopefully he takes both bids at their merit and chooses the best option for the long-term future for the club.

I would have to agree.

Synectics, understandably, come across more favorably given their media exposure and the way they came across and conducted themselves during the interviews etc.

The Kevin Jones bid raises a number of questions from a fans perspective and this makes us nervous. However, we aren't privy to enough information to state whether or not this bid is better or worse.

Obviously, until we (the fans) know a bit more we will understandably lean more towards the Synectics bid but that doesn't make us right.

Norman will probably dismiss both offers out of hand as not meeting his valuation but why harp on about future owners must be right for the club when he's done his level best to destroy port vale in the pursuit of easy money then renaged on his promise to put things right.Surely he can't be thinking that future owners can have the job of picking up all his dropped bollax.

I have absolutely nothing against the Synetics or Manorshop bids as I haven't seen a detailed business plan or the colour of their money. I just don't see what they've got to gain other than the obvious for omitting the fact the bid was turned down as soon as it was made days in advance of the promotional piece in the local rag. It doesn't half resemble what Chaudry did like it or not.

Once again for the avoidance of doubt as it seems you can't or don't read my posts the only bids I'm against are those from hedge funds.

Old people and technology, I don't know! 😂😉🙈

With age comes wisdom. You will discover this eventually and look back on your crazy youth with regret.

Having read about both offers, I don't see what these people have to offer that SS don't. However, there's a few points that seem either irrelevant to me, or possible warning signs:

- Affinity with Vale previously but this is through Alan, & whilst he may have served under Bell during a good period for the club, times have since changed, & the club has changed. There isn't exactly a lot of information on him I can find through a quick search (& I'm quite young so wasn't around back then; if anyone has any I'd be happy to listen), so what relevant experience since then has he obtained to indicate he would be the right person to help take us forward? Why would this be a good move for us, has he been involved in football in any other roles? Don't really want a 'jobs for the boys' attitude in any element at the club going forward. Experience 20ish years ago isn't that relevant IMO.

- In no way should the fact that they've had dealings with Vale already in terms of sponsorship/work done come into it. Both offers should be judged on purely what they can bring to the table, rather than one being favoured for past association.

- Money for this offer is coming from property-related investments, rather than just a successful business, which is the case with SS, & seems to me to be the more attractive proposal.

- 2 unnamed local businessmen to ensure we have a competitive budget next season. Considering people are trying to criticise SS & the amount of money they may or may not have, this offer appears to be made up by money from 'other' (& numerous) sources, & the actual main would-be owner doesn't appear to have that much himself.

- As a separate point regarding the above businessmen, the fact we have 2 unnamed people in the background is a massive warning sign for me. With the amount of crap we've had to endure since V2001, the fans want (& need) absolute honesty & transparency, with no unknowns (which is what we currently have with the SS bid).

Of course, I could be missing some points, & I'm sure more detail will follow, but right now, I have a lot more concerns with this than I do with Carol & SS.

Archived