onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Second bidder ( Kevin Jones Consortium)

Santa

Don't think I said definitely did I? If so I was wrong as it appears there is no categoric truth being told by anyone. I'm still more than happy to believe the bid was turned down flat immediately however as three separate sources confirmed this. Going to the sentinel days later with a key part of the story untold seems strange as does some bloke from Carlisle in the local rag today saying he worries about Manorshop as they are a club sponsor 😂

So what is the key part of the untold story?

Advert

Norman will probably dismiss both offers out of hand as not meeting his valuation but why harp on about future owners must be right for the club when he's done his level best to destroy port vale in the pursuit of easy money then renaged on his promise to put things right.Surely he can't be thinking that future owners can have the job of picking up all his dropped bollax.

I'm sure £1.25m won't be the final purchase price for the club. I would think all parties know this and did know this when bids were made.

I'm not in the group that thinks that Norman has purposely done a bad job with Vale. He's just been in way over his head and refused to bring someone in to run the place for him. I think if Garlick or someone similar had been appointed when Wildes left, we wouldn't be having 500-post threads on new ownership right now. Instead we've had 4 seasons of complete mis-management culminating in relegation. I too think he should continue to fund the club for the coming season to help Garlick and co have a proper go and righting the ship. I find the decision to just walk away at this stage rather cowardly and disappointing. He knows he has failed, he's partly manned up but then hasn't attempted to fix the problem, leaving it for others to sort.

I think if the difference between the 'right' option for Vale and the best financial option for him is small, then he will go with the right option for the club. However if it's £2m from Synectics/Jones and it's £3m from a hedge fund, then I would think he'd picked a hedge fund. I live in hope he does the right thing, but hope is all it is.

No, he is suggesting that the Jones consortium could be made up of X% Jones, X% Smurthwaite and X% Other.

That isn't the case, Smurthwaite wants shot of the club, and if he wants to get involved in football again he'll buy a different club where he isn't resented by the fans. Though if there is a club where a chairman buys himself out it will be the Vale!

I am sure if Norman buys another club it will only be a matter of time before the fans resent him.....

Brilliant thanks, good news that they are talking about getting good will back into the fan base and that they don't need to borrow although it will be interesting to understand the ways they are considering funding the purchase as she mentions.

One thing that does have a question mark about it is the budget for next season. I'm not happy with the way Garlick and Fradders and now they are saying we could be competitive next season. There is little or nothing to be scared of as the bigger teams have been promoted so we should certainly be at the top end especially if our budget is.

Good interview with all the right answers but not a massive amount of substance in terms of specifics. Have the same questions been asked of Manorshop?

With age comes wisdom. You will discover this eventually and look back on your crazy youth with regret.

With age also comes forgetfulness and a nature that's too trusting. I'm not blindly following anyone thanks, eventually who ever takes over fans will want out because of the instant need most fans crave. If lemmings want to all throw themselves over cliff so be it but i won't be with you.

I will trust my knowledge in business over someone who's worked with kids all their lives, good career but not really relevant in this discussion.

Brilliant thanks, good news that they are talking about getting good will back into the fan base and that they don't need to borrow although it will be interesting to understand the ways they are considering funding the purchase as she mentions.

One thing that does have a question mark about it is the budget for next season. I'm not happy with the way Garlick and Fradders and now they are saying we could be competitive next season. There is little or nothing to be scared of as the bigger teams have been promoted so we should certainly be at the top end especially if our budget is.

Good interview with all the right answers but not a massive amount of substance in terms of specifics. Have the same questions been asked if Manorshop?

Given the nature of the Synectics article, I would presume that would have been part of the information they offered to the Sentinel, and not because the Sentinel asked them for it. Be good to get something similar, if not the same from the Kevin Jones bid.

Are homophobic slurs supposed to be funny?

And we wonder why our fan base is hated by fans of so many other clubs. Stick to throwing bricks and flares eh

You must be bored in your retirement:sad:

Given the nature of the Synectics article, I would presume that would have been part of the information they offered to the Sentinel, and not because the Sentinel asked them for it. Be good to get something similar, if not the same from the Kevin Jones bid.

Yeah agreed, it's a good article though. As I said before my only experience is sitting behind her at a game and she seemed lovely. Definitely should look to see something similar from Kevin Jones.

Yeah agreed' date=' it's a good article though. As I said before my only experience is sitting behind her at a game and she seemed lovely. Definitely should look to see something similar from Kevin Jones.[/quote']

Hope so too. I don't know her at all. Spoken to a couple of people I know have worked at Synectics. One is showering with praise, the other said it was a shambles (But it was a while back when he worked there). I understand the business they have and how clever they were to see that gap in the market. If you can get that to translate to a football club, then it's extremely beneficial.

Hope so too. I don't know her at all. Spoken to a couple of people I know have worked at Synectics. One is showering with praise, the other said it was a shambles (But it was a while back when he worked there). I understand the business they have and how clever they were to see that gap in the market. If you can get that to translate to a football club, then it's extremely beneficial.

Exceptionally fair comments and as you say if they can translate their business acumen into the crazy world of football successfully as you say it could be good for all concerned. We're both people you spoke to employees?

Exceptionally fair comments and as you say if they can translate their business acumen into the crazy world of football successfully as you say it could be good for all concerned. We're both people you spoke to employees?

**** me.

What's this? A man in the pub BS?

I'm not bothered what staff say; only in what customers and shareholders say.

**** me.

What's this? A man in the pub BS?

I'm not bothered what staff say; only in what customers and shareholders say.

I am, the current owner is judged by a number of people on how he treated Page et al, you want to know how they treat their staff as whoever takes over needs to strengthen all relationships including staff and customers. Good staff don't tend to leave companies they tend to leave employers who don't value you them in one way or another.

Archived