onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Danny Pugh Signs

You like him then?

I didn't like the other week where he took a shot from miles out and then was too busy strolling back not to notice the opposition had restarted the game. Very uninspiring signing in my opinion

Advert

It's about getting the right balance in the squad, a mixture of experience and youth, pace and a footballing brain, versatile players who can step in and help a relatively small squad when injuries/suspensions rack up.

I appreciate all that, I just don't think he's all that great in what he does.

The older experienced players M.B. Brought in at the death, Danny Pugh,Bikey,Eagles were all short on game time through injury, or in Eagles case more pressing family mater to deal with.I think with a good pre season under there belts we could be pleasantly surprised.

He's garbage. Ridiculous decision. He's too old, too slow, he can't pass, he can barely make a fair tackle and he creates nothing and scores nothing. Stupid decision by Brown. Pugh is clearly a pal of Browns he shouldn't have got into the team over the likes of reeves, amoros and de freitas in the first place. Even tavares is better than him.

Brown out

Brown out......do you realise how silly that makes you look,tbh i only noticed that bit so didn't bother read the drivel above it

And that makes a difference because? It just shows the player won't be or is highly unlikely to be getting any more offers so they sign the first half decent one on the table.

Yes we have seen what Pugh can do and it's not a lot imo. Decent squad player perhaps but at 30+ I'd want a player of that age to be more than a squad player and offer assists/goals or clean sheets if they were a defender. Does Pugh offer any of those? Er No!

I don't have a issue with Bikey and Eagles signing(if they do) but we need to be doing a hell of a lot better than Pugh if we are to bounce straight back!

To be fair in the last 2 away games didn't Brown play him in front of the back four?? as king as i didn't go but i am sure they said that on the radio,if so then he helped keep 2 clean sheets

I didn't like the other week where he took a shot from miles out and then was too busy strolling back not to notice the opposition had restarted the game. Very uninspiring signing in my opinion

I think he is a solid player to have in front of the defense but we have to play him alongside leggy and creative players. A middle of Taylor and Pugh wouldnt win a race against a one legged chicken. 3 - 5 - 2 is the right tactic to get the best from this team. Im certain of it.

Pugh had a very good game against Walsall, shielding the back 4 and winning a lot of headers.

Not too fussed either way. He's a vocal, hardworking lad who'll probably play 25-30 games and give a 6.5/10 performance in all of them. Sort of player we'll need if we're going for stability next year.

He's garbage. Ridiculous decision. He's too old, too slow, he can't pass, he can barely make a fair tackle and he creates nothing and scores nothing. Stupid decision by Brown. Pugh is clearly a pal of Browns he shouldn't have got into the team over the likes of reeves, amoros and de freitas in the first place. Even tavares is better than him.

Brown out

Hell fire give up will you there were far worse players than pugh on the pitch at least he's a footballer unlike those traffic cones Bruno signed.

Totally boring but is relatively consistent and reliable (that sending off excluded, though even that was a boring sending off). If Pugh is on the bench first game of the season then I'm happy with that, if we are reliant on him to run the midfield and fire us to promotion then that would be concerning.

Looking at the clubs and divisions he's played in he hasn't signed for the money, he will already have more than enough to retire. Lives relatively local and seems to still enjoy the game. Decent player who does a lot of donkey work. Can play left back and centre half, versatility will be important in a smaller squad.

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/danny-pugh-extends-stay-at-vale-3704793.aspx?platform=hootsuite

Ever present? He's had injuries and suspensions. He also started his first game on the bench. Bizzare language.

I was just about to post that. Well done the BBC for caring about lower level football!

I was also getting behind Brown and he signs this mug.

Yeah great fresh start Brown, how many victories did this idiot not help us to? 😡

I know it's a big if, but if we could convince Foley to stay and re-sign Callum Guy then that Pugh would slot right in with those two and it would be a good blend.

New keeper

Smith or Street (perhaps wishful thinking!)

Bikey (hopefully!)

Knops

New left winger (must have pace!)

Foley

Pugh

Guy (or someone of similar ilk)

Eagles (if he shows the same appetite in L2)

Forrester (if he has a good pre-season)

New striker (hopefully somewhat proven)

Archived