onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow

Advert

For the last time - no it won't. How is VPN going to help you subscribe using a foreign bank account and a confirmed overseas address?

If I try to subscribe to sky from NL I can't. Because it needs a UK address (proved) and a UK bank account. If you try to subscribe to this, from the UK you can't. Because you can't prove a none UK address and pay from a none UK bank account.

Why is it so hard to understand?

Whilst there will be safeguards which will act as a deterrent it's not that difficult (if you want to) to get an overseas address and to set up a bank account overseas using that address...not all countries have the same controls that we do. For example South Africa. But you'd have to be pretty desperate

Whilst there will be safeguards which will act as a deterrent it's not that difficult (if you want to) to get an overseas address and to set up a bank account overseas using that address...not all countries have the same controls that we do. For example South Africa. But you'd have to be pretty desperate

I'm not trying to be argumentative I'm stating the facts. No you cannot open a bank account in South Africa without providing a verified address in South Africa. I'm a British citizen and I can't open a bank account in the UK. You, or anyone else resident in the UK, could not open a bank account in NL.

To do so you would need proof of address in NL and your Dutch tax number. Which if you don't live and work here you don't have.

For the last time - no it won't. How is VPN going to help you subscribe using a foreign bank account and a confirmed overseas address?

If I try to subscribe to sky from NL I can't. Because it needs a UK address (proved) and a UK bank account. If you try to subscribe to this, from the UK you can't. Because you can't prove a none UK address and pay from a none UK bank account.

Why is it so hard to understand?

Because some people have a foreign bank account as they lived in Japan. But that's fine, keep thinking your more intelligent than everyone else pal.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Great news for me and happy to pay (assuming a chunk of it goes to Vale).

Never had any issues with iPlayer by the way - just a simple proxy server (about £3 a week) has always done the job.

I did this very easily too when living in Japan.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Looks like the beginning of the end for some EFL clubs. All the pubs will start showing matches like they do for the PL and only hardcore fans will turn up. Great if I was living abroad.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

"You're" actually pal. So some people who lived in Japan have a foreign bank account pal? No **** Sherlock. So those who live in Japan with a Japanese bank account can get access pal.

Fine pal. So what's your point pal? I'm not more intelligent pal. I just know the crack pal. Living abroad pal.

You open a bank account pal in a foreign country pal and let me know pal.

Good to see Didsbury is still full of know it all smug types pal. Who never made to Chorlton, pal.

I'd imagine that when you sign up to iFollow, you can sign up from the UK and get a subscription or attempt to, but the stream won't work (a bit like listening to certain US radio stations from the UK)

They surely won't stop people with UK bank accounts from registering because fans abroad will probably still have an english bank account if you've just moved to Spain or somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

"You're" actually pal. So some people who lived in Japan have a foreign bank account pal? No **** Sherlock. So those who live in Japan with a Japanese bank account can get access pal.

Fine pal. So what's your point pal? I'm not more intelligent pal. I just know the crack pal. Living abroad pal.

You open a bank account pal in a foreign country pal and let me know pal.

Good to see Didsbury is still full of know it all smug types pal. Who never made to Chorlton, pal.

Reading that post made me feel mad.

I use a company who charge me 30 quid a month for all sky channels over here in Norway. Sports, movies, ppv. The lot.

They ask you which country you are in. It doesn't work in the U.K. Even vpns don't work and if you try they pick up on it. Theres simply no way of watching this in the U.K.

I suspect it will be something similar.

Great news for me. It means I can watch the Vale without blowing thousands on coming over whilst the current fat oaf still owns it.

Its not easy in Spain.... verified documentation of address + proof of income before being considered

Thailands a bit easier if you have the correct visa, its getting the visa that causes most of the problems.

Tenerife was a lot easier but may have changed

Why have foreign banks come up? There's nothing about that in the article.

It doesn't matter anyway if there's a Paypal payment facility. It takes 30 seconds to link a PayPal account to a UK card and pay for anything anywhere. No restrictions on the origin of the money.

Archived