onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow

Advert

Could this kill attendances even further though? I know it's aimed at people living abroad, but wit technology the way it is you could just use a VPN/proxy server to get round having to be overseas?

£110 to watch every game from the comfort of your own home?

The first thing is its subscription based. That is easier to restrict to people genuinely overseas. For example, you have to pay from a foreign bank and provide proof of overseas address. This is easily done and very hard for someone living in the UK to get around. Then restrict to one device per account.

So I could set up an account with my foreign address and bank account, using your device then you could pay me back the money and take your device back to the UK. Leaving me with no access. Even then once back in the UK you need VPN to get around it.

Most decent VPN's cost, plus they are not fool proof. Getting on BBC i-player from abroad is almost impossible even using a VPN the beeb are so good at spotting it. I don't bother trying anymore.

So yeah, as with everything you could get around it. But you'd have to go to a lot of trouble and know someone obliging person who lives abroad to be able to do it.

It's not a question of download some free VPN and off you go. And it will bring in new revenue. That is, from those genuinely living abroad who don't contribute anything at the moment but will sign up for this deal.

VPN will be simple enough as a get around.

I think the only way for the lower leagues to survive is to invest heavily into television and lower ground tickets as just a noise making machine and not a financial gain.

The first thing is its subscription based. That is easier to restrict to people genuinely overseas. For example, you have to pay from a foreign bank and provide proof of overseas address. This is easily done and very hard for someone living in the UK to get around. Then restrict to one device per account.

So I could set up an account with my foreign address and bank account, using your device then you could pay me back the money and take your device back to the UK. Leaving me with no access. Even then once back in the UK you need VPN to get around it.

Most decent VPN's cost, plus they are not fool proof. Getting on BBC i-player from abroad is almost impossible even using a VPN the beeb are so good at spotting it. I don't bother trying anymore.

So yeah, as with everything you could get around it. But you'd have to go to a lot of trouble and know someone obliging person who lives abroad to be able to do it.

It's not a question of download some free VPN and off you go. And it will bring in new revenue. That is, from those genuinely living abroad who don't contribute anything at the moment but will sign up for this deal.

Great news for me and happy to pay (assuming a chunk of it goes to Vale).

Never had any issues with iPlayer by the way - just a simple proxy server (about £3 a week) has always done the job.

UK streaming?

What are the EFL rules regarding streaming your own matches in uk? Would Vale or any EFL club be allowed to?

Sell each match as pay per view at £20, which will mean Vale get money from armchair fans, UK exiles(London etc) and none travelling away fans. Then (to ensure still have atmosphere and plenty of home fans) sell matchday tickets to watch live at £10 adult and £5 children.

Bigger home crowds 'cus of cheap matchday tickets and more income 'cus of live stream sales. Win win

VPN will be simple enough as a get around.

For the last time - no it won't. How is VPN going to help you subscribe using a foreign bank account and a confirmed overseas address?

If I try to subscribe to sky from NL I can't. Because it needs a UK address (proved) and a UK bank account. If you try to subscribe to this, from the UK you can't. Because you can't prove a none UK address and pay from a none UK bank account.

Why is it so hard to understand?

Archived