onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow

Advert

I brought up bank accounts as one of many possible ways they could try to control that you were a non-UK resident Doha.

The view of some was that if you lived in the UK it would be easy to get around the non-UK residents restriction. What I am saying (from experience of trying to do it the other way around, i.e. get UK services not available to non-UK residents - e.g. Sky, as ST says - and I'm sure as you too know) that this is not the case.

Possible, probably with a bit of cost and a bit of grey area fraud. But not by simply downloading a free VPN. No?

I brought up bank accounts as one of many possible ways they could try to control that you were a non-UK resident Doha.

The view of some was that if you lived in the UK it would be easy to get around the non-UK residents restriction. What I am saying (from experience of trying to do it the other way around, i.e. get UK services not available to non-UK residents - e.g. Sky, as ST says - and I'm sure as you too know) that this is not the case.

Possible, probably with a bit of cost and a bit of grey area fraud. But not by simply downloading a free VPN. No?

You don't need a VPN, just something to spoof your DNS settings.

When this FL thing launches Chris give this free trial a go. I use this software for American/Canadian Netflix and it works without hassle every time.

https://www.hideipvpn.com/free-smart-dns-trial/

You don't need a VPN, just something to spoof your DNS settings.

When this FL thing launches Chris give this free trial a go. I use this software for American/Canadian Netflix and it works without hassle every time.

https://www.hideipvpn.com/free-smart-dns-trial/

Thanks. My point with iFollow is that if they are serious about restricting it to non-Uk residents the first point of defense will be in making an account, not tracking the location of your computer.

• 1 year later...

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or create a new thread (maybe in "Gone But Not Forgotten?).

If you live overseas and have a Facebook account, Pat Scragg has formed a group for discussion and banter. I don't believe Rob will mind me mentioning this (or you, Barry?). :hello:

Pat has started an initiative, in which exiles might want to participate. Check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1086662281465528/?hc_location=group

Just to bring this "on topic" it looks like there are going to be some upgrades to iFollow for the coming season.

iFollow next season allows you to pay in the UK to watch non Saturday 3PM fixtures I believe?

Correct, although the price per game is surprisingly high - £10 to £14, depending on the game. Overseas it costs the equivalent of around £7 to £9. Makes no sense.

From the EFL website, just seen this:

2017/18 for supporters based overseas, enhancements are being introduced to the live streaming platform ahead of the start of the new campaign at no extra cost to viewers.

Improved production values are being implemented across the online broadcasting service, providing clubs with the scope to introduce bespoke commentary as well as on-screen graphics. Some midweek Championship matches will also benefit from a four-camera setup while additional enhancements to iFollow include more in-game statistics via the app, mobile/desktop websites and an improved match centre.

Prices for the platform have been frozen at £110 for the season for overseas viewers, and International Season Pass subscriptions are on sale as of today. Supporters can find out details on how to subscribe by visiting your club’s website.

In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow.

This development has been made possible due to the new broadcast agreement with Sky which was agreed last year, whereby EFL clubs have been granted the rights to stream games to a domestic audience, in addition to their followers overseas which has been available since the start of 2017/18.

EFL clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services.

Details of how to access EFL matches domestically will be announced in due course.

Don’t you love it?

“Improved production values”? What is that geek speak in plain English?

“with the scope to introduce bespoke commentary as well as on-screen graphics” which means most clubs won’t have the time, money or resources.

We’ll wait and see if it’s any better than the first year, but TBH I’m thankful for what we get. It’ll be different after weeks of World Cup coverage (in every respect).

Archived