onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Smurf suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect?

nowag

That's extremely offensive to stupid people. If they knew what you were talking about. :smile:

I think Norman has become so narrow in his vision he can't see the wood for the trees. If he could take the time and step back and take a breath he might be able to see the bigger picture. This should be why you hire a CEO to run the business for you. At the moment Smurf is very much behaving like one of those club owners in Italy and Spain you just do things off the cuff because they didn't like their breakfast or they didnt get a text saying happy birthday.

It appears there is no structure at Vale for anything. It's all very scatterbrained. The creative "sacking" of Rob Page was the start of it all (this season) and it went downhill from there.

I'm not sure Smurthwaite even wants to see the bigger picture - just his own picture. And hiring Colin Garlick to run the Club won't work because Smurthwaite keeps butting in with his own ridiculous comments and ideas. Having employed someone as CEO/Club Secretary/Chief Exec to 'run' the Club, he still can't keep his nose out.

Advert

It's getting so silly on here. No-one is holding Smurf up as a hero, but if you have the temerity to question the vehemence of some of the Anti-Norman sentiment or if you don't engage in hurling stupid insults at the bloke, you're automatically described as being some kind of sycophant.

Exactly- I've repeatedly stated I think he's messed up royally.

Back in your box Marge, you silly sausage

Not true.
Now that one has got me puzzled??? The fact is regardless of what you and one or two may say is that Tom Pope has not been replaced... end of. Leitch Smith scored a few goals last season but he did beggar all else. Tom Pope not only weighed in with a decent return of goals and had plenty of assists. On top of these facts he led the line tirelessly and was a big help when the opposition took corners against us. Finally don't forget he played when still clearly not ready to play after a bad injury but didn't let us down. One thing is for sure I wish he was in this team in it's fight against the long drop.

You and Yukon shouldn't let your bias against me personally get in the way of the truth.

Whats with the :boring::doh: response ?

If you think its acceptable to say the things he did about Pope and his family on the radio, re.a salary agreed on by two parties I suggest it shows you have no idea.

You would just NOT comment about matters like that,it shows just what an unprofessional chump he is, and if it was said in jest, then its not funny.

It's literally any excuse to moan about the chairman, even if it means raking up old material!! All that wasted energy- it's pathetic.

Now that one has got me puzzled??? The fact is regardless of what you and one or two may say is that Tom Pope has not been replaced... end of. Leitch Smith scored a few goals last season but he did beggar all else. Tom Pope not only weighed in with a decent return of goals and had plenty of assists. On top of these facts he led the line tirelessly and was a big help when the opposition took corners against us. Finally don't forget he played when still clearly not ready to play after a bad injury but didn't let us down. One thing is for sure I wish he was in this team in it's fight against the long drop.

You and Yukon shouldn't let your bias against me personally get in the way of the truth.

I don;t give a , I'm just bored of you regurgitating your heartbreak again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again....

I don;t give a , I'm just bored of you regurgitating your heartbreak again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again....

Ignore list? Or post something productive in response? they're two other options you could consider.

Don't forget Brown's contract was increased as a reward for holding the fort after Bruno,so if he brings someone new in he's going to expect Brown to work for him plus he is going to expect the new manager to work with Brown.....Messy in my opinion.

Desperate managers will work under any circumstances to get their feet under the table,the good ones will only work on their terms.

Smurf has already said that any manager would have to work with Brown

You honestly can't engage with these people. They engage in low-level personal comments are opposed to actually putting forward any coherent argument. Its not worth anyone's time.

But it's ok for people to hurl abuse at Norman? Whatever your thoughts on the bloke, calling him 'too stupid to realise he's stupid' isn't going to do anything useful. The forum is full of people spouting forth with ridiculous conspiracy theories and posting insult after insult at anyone who isn't denouncing the guy so I don't see why people can get on their high horses about stuff that (e.g.) Yukon posts.

I hope this doesn't turn into a variation on a theme of the 'Black and Gold2?' topic thread.

To be fair Barry considering the other thread has been closed if people want to discuss their feelings on smurf being a twonk where else can they do it,it seems to be a hot topic at the moment

To be fair Barry considering the other thread has been closed if people want to discuss their feelings on smurf being a twonk where else can they do it,it seems to be a hot topic at the moment
Well it is hardly news, opinions will differ and are not likely to be changed, what concerns me is what will he do to resolve this season`s fiasco. Will he admit his errors and offer to write off the costs of restoring the Vale to a proper football club or just let it decline? A CEO was a start, but letting him carry out the restoration, never mind an improvement, with an adequate budget and without interference is possibly too much to hope for, but at least tell us the Plan.

But it's ok for people to hurl abuse at Norman? Whatever your thoughts on the bloke, calling him 'too stupid to realise he's stupid' isn't going to do anything useful. The forum is full of people spouting forth with ridiculous conspiracy theories and posting insult after insult at anyone who isn't denouncing the guy so I don't see why people can get on their high horses about stuff that (e.g.) Yukon posts.

I'm getting a little sick of the bandying around of the word 'abuse'. No one is 'abusing' Smurf. Throwing in hyperbolic terms like 'hurling' and 'spouting' is a bit silly mate.

I've seen Smurf direct worse at fans on Twitter than he what he gets on here. I think I remember him telling a fan to 'play on a dual carriageway'. I don't take any of it seriously but all this faux outrage over the 'abuse' Smurf gets is a little bit rich considering he's more than happy to dish it out.

That reads like you prefer the status quo

I'm getting a little sick of the bandying around of the word 'abuse'. No one is 'abusing' Smurf. Throwing in hyperbolic terms like 'hurling' and 'spouting' is a bit silly mate.

I've seen Smurf direct worse at fans on Twitter than he what he gets on here. I think I remember him telling a fan to 'play on a dual carriageway'. I don't take any of it seriously but all this faux outrage over the 'abuse' Smurf gets is a little bit rich considering he's more than happy to dish it out.

I'm not outraged at all. I don't particularly like Norman - in fact, I thought the way he behaved with Page was downright unpleasant and malicious - but that doesn't mean that I don't find some of the stuff on here a bit OTT and, just as Norman's bolshy snd rude tweets to fans are counter-productive, I fail to see any way that insulting the guy is going to move us forward. You say that "No one is 'abusing' Smurf"; take a look at the opening post of this thread and say that again.

Also, whilst obviously a chairman shouldn't tell a fan to go and play on the motorway, it's only a silly saying. I think that was blown up out of all proportion.

Archived