onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Martin McGuiness

eh up nah

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/21/martin-mcguinness-alastair-campbell

Some will say he's a mass murderer who should be remembered for the many lives lost to people under his command. Many others will remember him for turning his back on violence and being instrumental in achieving peace in Northern Ireland. Without him, I doubt we would have ever had any sort of peace.

Advert

I missed the Victoria station bomb by being held up on the train because of it, saw the carnage of the aftermath so to me someone planning and placing a bomb to kill indiscriminately anyone near it should rot in hell if there's any justice, and I personally hope to dear God whatever he died of made him suffer.

As to "should we judge a man on what he was or on what he became", the first part yes we should, as to the latter he did what he did for his own ends, as first minister he did not think of all the people his actions affected...and when the other murderer adams goes I hope he really suffers.

The 2 of them should have been charged with war crimes.

rant over, getting ready for the match now... 0-2.

I've no problem at all with the IRA blowing up Thatcher and Tebbit & co. (well, except that they made a mess of it) but they targeted innocent people, civilians who had done nothing to them, including catholics and their own people, and that makes them the same or as bad as ISIS.

In fairness, this also applies to some protestant terrorist organisations like the one that murdered six unarmed civilians in a bookmakers,

Despite McGuiness redeeming himself to some extent later by being a peacemaker, the rawness and recent timings will mean many cannot easily find any forgiveness, and I can see why.

Side points - nobody ever mentions Isreali leaders who killed British soldiers (notably Menachim Begin) then became politicians, just the same as McGuiness.

People also conveniently forget that the IRA would not have been able to operate without funding from the USA, mostly Boston, and the US failed to support successive British governments on 'the troubles'.

And lastly, it is so pathetic that there are posts using this event to have yet another childish dig at Corbyn for saying something fairly neutral when Tory leaders did the same - shame on you that posted that, it isn't Corbyn but yourselves that are failing to show dignity to the victims of the Northern Ireland troubles.

Whilst the bat-headed crew that troll my posts are probably already sharpening their pens drinking a vat of blood round a cauldron, try reading the whole of what I have written and not selective bits that suit your agenda if you are going to reply to it.

I noticed Lord Tebbit who was personally involved and who's wife was confined to a wheelchair after the Brighton bomb has said

"He claimed to be a Roman Catholic. I hope that his beliefs turn out to be true and he'll be parked in a particularly hot and unpleasant corner of hell for the rest of eternity."

Lord Tebbit, who was seriously injured in the blast said "He was not only a multi-murderer, he was a coward,", and that the world was a "sweeter and cleaner" place.

As for being a leading light in politics, and peace process "He knew that the IRA were defeated because British intelligence had penetrated right the way up to the Army Council and that the end was coming."He then sought to save his own skin and he knew that it was likely he would be charged before long with several murders which he had personally committed and he decided that the only thing to do was to opt for peace.

The peer lastly said he could not forgive Mr McGuinness for his terrorist past because "forgiveness requires confession of sins and repentance". "There was none of that,"

For once a politician says it has it is...

surly if he was a good catholic as all his friends and friendly priest contends, then confession and repentance is part of his religion and he asks for forgiveness for his sins?

Only if he considers them to be sins....maybe he didn't?

As for Norman Tebbit his choice how he feels and unless you have walked in his shoes I don't understand how anyone can judge him on this

Archived