onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newspaper of the year

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

There was a great story in the Mirror today,apparently somebody in Ludlow has had a humour bypass.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/men-dressed-nurses-annual-charity-11033620

What a drag.:doh::wink:

As they say that nobody at all has complained or been offended in any way, I cannot for the life of me see what is wrong with raising money by doing this as a joke and making people laugh. Very silly decision not to accept the funds.

ESPN has removed a sports commentator of Asian descent from covering an American football game in Charlottesville because he has the same name as Civil War General Robert E Lee. How crazy can it get.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41022954

Off topic I know but it is journaliam of a sort.

The Daily Mail is a hateful rag the tries to sow division and scapegoat sections of the population.

The owner is from a family who live abroad to pay no tax while having an editorial stance telling the rest of us how to vote.

In the 1930's this family in the Daily Mail praised Hitler and ran a headline saying "Hail the Blackshirts." At that point it should have been banned.

The current editor is a serial liar who criticises the EU while taking large amounts of subsidies for his Scottish estate.

This rag is unreadable and its subscribers are gullible and being used by taking in its propaganda which the same anti patriotic family have pedalled since the 1930's.

Going cruising from Southampton to Iceland eh ? Why not go from North West Scotland ? You'll get there a hell of a lot quicker.

Don t' think they sail from there plus going to Channel Islands, Dublin and Belfast is all part of the cruise. Plus we live nearer to Southampton than North West Scotland....although North West Scotland has its atractions too :)

There was a great story in the Mirror today,apparently somebody in Ludlow has had a humour bypass.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/men-dressed-nurses-annual-charity-11033620

What a drag.:doh::wink:

Have you ever been to Ludlow...nothing to be happy about there ;)

Seriously though..is this what we've been reduced to..offended cos we feel we should be not cos we are?

The Daily Mail is a hateful rag the tries to sow division and scapegoat sections of the population.

The owner is from a family who live abroad to pay no tax while having an editorial stance telling the rest of us how to vote.

In the 1930's this family in the Daily Mail praised Hitler and ran a headline saying "Hail the Blackshirts." At that point it should have been banned.

The current editor is a serial liar who criticises the EU while taking large amounts of subsidies for his Scottish estate.

This rag is unreadable and its subscribers are gullible and being used by taking in its propaganda which the same anti patriotic family have pedalled since the 1930's.

I recommend you don't buy it then..great sports coverage though

Personally the focus should be on telling the full story of Nelson and other such historical figures in schools, on TV, in the media generally and then people can make their own mind up about them (the people not the statues). We should not deny the awful acts that they were part of; paint the full picture and let people decide for themselves. The statues are whatever people want them to be...Nelson's column for me is just a symbol of an important figure in history who played a huge part in shaping how we are today......it may have been put there to celebrate him but that's not how I see it; I accept that for some he is a symbol of empire, slavery, white supremacy etc and they feel that he should in no way be 'celebrated'. Tearing it down for me would deny history/reality and that's never a good thing.

What IMO does need addressing re monuments etc are symbols of non-military, non-establishment , indeed non-British figures who played a huge part in our history..where are they? Artists, scientists, campaigners, those who opposed the govt/establishment here and overseas.....few and far between.

I've heard you can make savings of £300 or maybe more. They also advertise some smashing garden accessories

http://www.mailshop.co.uk/garden/garden-accessories/garden-decorations/true?srule=price-high-to-low&sz=48&start=0

The Imperial Traditional Garden Arch is a must for the lawn and the St.George Weathervane will look great on top of the conservatory.

The Imperial Traditional Garden Arch is a must for the lawn and the St.George Weathervane will look great on top of the conservatory.

Being grade II listed and in a conservation area we are not allowed a conservatory (I used to think that was an abbreviation of Conservative victory or an unusual green initiative "conserve a Tory"). However, the weathervane would look good on the thatch. I'm sure Kozlowski or one if his men could get it up there.

Seriously though..is this what we've been reduced to..offended cos we feel we should be not cos we are?

Ludlow has the best farmers market in the midlands JA but it's an early doors market so you would probably have missed it.

This person who refused the donation must have been of the 'very easily offended' variety.

Still,I suppose it gives her another stick to beat Jeremy Hunt with?

Archived