onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newspaper of the year

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

I've lived in Liverpool since 1970 but still support the Vale. They may still be the two biggest selling newspapers but their readership numbers are plummeting and the more lies they print the more the numbers are dropping especially now social media are calling them out for the blatant lies that they tell.

On Merseyside and the wider region no shop or newsagent or supermarket will sell the Sun as they will be immediately boycotted. My nearest Sainsburys put the Sun on sale a few months ago and within a couple of hours their customers were telling them to withdraw it or a mass boycott would be organised. The Sun is toxic round here and no one reads it.

The Mail has also joined that list due to its attacks on ordinary working people and its repeated lies and character assassination. The Mail has a long history of supporting fascist causes and directly supporting Adolf Hitler and Oswald Mosely. Their current owner lives abroad and pays no tax but still supports right wing causes. A propaganda sheet well worth a boycott and their numbers are plummeting, hence their lack of impact in the recent General Election. They've not learnt that when lies go too far over the top then even sympathetic people start to question whether this is the truth or whether it's propaganda.

Let's face it both newspapers are never going to be too popular in any Labour stronghold?

No. I was making a point that the reason that the Sun is despised in Liverpool is less to do with it being a Labour stronghold and more to do with it accusing the city's fans of being murdering thieves. That ok for you?

Yes we know that, thanks for pointing it out though. I was making the point that the way in which you did it is rubbish. Considering you were ranting about people cracking jokes the other day I find it strange.

My post was entirely on topic and addressed a previous point. I could have said, "oh yes FUA, but don't you think that the actual reason that they are never going to be popular in Liverpool is because they labelled innocent football supporters as thieves and murderers?"; instead I opted to say the same but in a snappier way. It's light years away from goons going 'don't you mean abbot and costello lol' or whatever the **** it was that the **** wrote.

Let's face it both newspapers are never going to be too popular in any Labour stronghold?

Don't be fooled inmto thinking Merseyside doesn't have a few notable bigots and scumbags too - look at Nuttall for example. Suppose I should be grateful to him though - he did manage to reduce the NF, sorry UKIP vote by about 900 per cent.

But Mr H is correct about the filthy lies in the Sun - the Sun editor and writers should have been jailed for that story or better still, thrown into the Kop at a Liverpool home match.

Nuttall doesn't live in Bootle anymore. Couldn't show his face there. He lives in Congleton now.

Oh, and there was me believing him that he lived in Stoke for the last 38 years. :smile:

If I had a face like that I'd hesitate to show it in the ghost train, let alone Bootle.

Nasty piece of work, let's hope he disappears for good from politics and public life soon.

My post was entirely on topic and addressed a previous point. I could have said, "oh yes FUA, but don't you think that the actual reason that they are never going to be popular in Liverpool is because they labelled innocent football supporters as thieves and murderers?"; instead I opted to say the same but in a snappier way. It's light years away from goons going 'don't you mean abbot and costello lol' or whatever the **** it was that the **** wrote.

I didnt expect the abbott and costello jibe would upset you so much... I would have used it earlier

Archived