onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Possession tonight

smithie

Enough has been said about the performance tonight, but I've just got back and can't believe how much of the ball we gave away tonight. If stats exist for such a thing I'd love to see them.

Throw-ins - we conceded possession virtually every time. No flicks on to our next man along, just lost the ball.

JJ fouling - three times in a row he got caught fouling and this allowed them to launch it forwards from an unchallenged position.

Corners - nearly every one went over the heads of our attackers, and quite often straight out of play. I've got to say Forrester's position for corners is abysmal.

Fasan's goal-kicks....either trying to find Hooper who got beat to it, or kicked it out of play.

Add all those together and we're making life very difficult for ourselves.

Also, all of a sudden I can see 50 points being insufficient to stay up.

Tonight we had to match whatever Oldham and/or Bury did, or at the minimum get a point. The table looks horrible now.

Advert

We need all six points from our next two games or I fear points deficit will be too large to bridge the gap that is rapidly opening between ourselves and safety.

The big question is are there enough goals in our team and the more that I think about it the more the doubts of reality set in.

We need all six points from our next two games or I fear points deficit will be too large to bridge the gap that is rapidly opening between ourselves and safety.

The big question is are there enough goals in our team and the more that I think about it the more the doubts of reality set in.

Add Coventry away and it's a must to win the next THREE. 9 points a must

We need 6 points to get out of bottom 4

Bury. Oldham. Shrewsbury are all winning games and now we are looking at 5 wins for safety

It's not just goals but can we go through the next 3 games without big mistakes costing us and can we keep players fit for 2 games a week

Too much to ask and too late for me

For another thread in time i know but decisions over the next two months will show where we are going in the next two years !!

We don't score enough goals or look likely to do so. We can't keep a clean sheet. Most of our players are not fully fit and we lose injured lads very game. Absolute recipe for the realists that we are going down now.

Strangely I am not suicidal about that.....just what is going to happen to our great club at the end of this crazy season? As a Valiant I'll keep the faith and hopefully enough of us will continue our insane support for the shambles of a Club.

Agree with possession very poor in the 1st half we keep kept kicking the ball away but this was addressed 2nd half and we looked the more likely team to do something. Before the Swindon game you looked at the 4 fixtures and you would say we needed 9 pts at least. This can still be achievable with back to back wins against Shrewsbury and Coventry. To me recent performances suggest we can stay up.....just. Keep the faith

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Agree with possession very poor in the 1st half we keep kept kicking the ball away but this was addressed 2nd half and we looked the more likely team to do something. Before the Swindon game you looked at the 4 fixtures and you would say we needed 9 pts at least. This can still be achievable with back to back wins against Shrewsbury and Coventry. To me recent performances suggest we can stay up.....just. Keep the faith

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

We will tame the Shrews and condemn the Sky Blues.

Archived