onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Company accounts

Alan Baker

Norman did go on record as saying (in a Radio Stoke interview I think) that if and when he left the club he would not leave it in a worse state than when he arrived.

1) I hope he means in a financial sense

2) I hope his definition of "not in a worse state" is the same as mine!

Saying he won't leave Vale in a worse state could equally mean he is just ruling out a new stadium and the club being based in Zimbabwe or Syria, based on his previous remarks.

Advert

The reality is that it does the opposite. Every loss reduces the value of the club. Simple double entry tells you that Net Assets Equals Share Capital + Reserves. (A loss being a negative reserve or a deduction from accumulated positive reserves. And a directors loan is a liability or a negative asset) This is not my opinion this is as you would find it in a textbook.

Presumably that's the reason club was separated from ground so that he can (try) and recoup money he put in via the ground?

Absolute madness.

I for one don't want him to put any money into the club. I'd rather we spent our income and no more. If that means more youth (Gibbons, Turner, Boote, Smith etc) then that's fine by me.

We're paying footballing mercenaries more than we can afford to finish mid table in Lg1 or possibly relegated. If we get relegated on a reduced budget, then I don't care. I don't worry about relegation but I worry about admin and the club going.

Norman is gambling with the future of Vale and he's losing.

Would you really be happy with L2 if it meant we lived within our means? I think I would but a lot on here wouldn't be happy and would expect a chairman to gamble until we got the championship and then when it doesn't happen moan about spending too much money. We know who I am on about.

I'm not a smurf fan let me start with that as I post very rarely. But do people really believe the accounts would be any different with a another in charge. I don't ! Unless we're a division lower living in our means. The clubs between a rock an a hard place. Fans have been dwindling for a good while and it's not all to do with ticket prices or the results. The area as a whole is dead, look a burslem it's self,more empty shops than full. Why because it's a deprived area and will never recover. Why invest in the vale when there's premier league football in the city most of our sponsors are diehards or local business that can afford a tax right off. I might be wrong but most two team city's have generally always had bigger gates than vale so when they went through tough times (Sheffield Wednesday or Utd, think the Bristol teams may have been like us at times)gates dropped but never below our average. We never had fantastic numbers, but I look around from my teens and I'm 40 now I see the age range just getting older and older. We haven't attracted the next generation but that goes back years before Norman took over because the product has been awful, but our neighbours are prosperous due to there continued stay in the riches of the premier league.

The man is dammed if he does or doesn't. So will the next and the one after that unless they drop lucky once in a while as did smurf when we got promoted a highlight in an uneventful run since the LDV trophy win.

I'm not a smurf fan let me start with that as I post very rarely. But do people really believe the accounts would be any different with a another in charge. I don't ! Unless we're a division lower living in our means. The clubs between a rock an a hard place. Fans have been dwindling for a good while and it's not all to do with ticket prices or the results. The area as a whole is dead, look a burslem it's self,more empty shops than full. Why because it's a deprived area and will never recover. Why invest in the vale when there's premier league football in the city most of our sponsors are diehards or local business that can afford a tax right off. I might be wrong but most two team city's have generally always had bigger gates than vale so when they went through tough times (Sheffield Wednesday or Utd, think the Bristol teams may have been like us at times)gates dropped but never below our average. We never had fantastic numbers, but I look around from my teens and I'm 40 now I see the age range just getting older and older. We haven't attracted the next generation but that goes back years before Norman took over because the product has been awful, but our neighbours are prosperous due to there continued stay in the riches of the premier league.

The man is dammed if he does or doesn't. So will the next and the one after that unless they drop lucky once in a while as did smurf when we got promoted a highlight in an uneventful run since the LDV trophy win.

I understand your reasoning and I don't know one fan who doesn't appreciate Smurthwaites investment.

My problem is the way he has wasted his investment, remember the quality over quantity quote ?

The failure to make any attempt to encourage supporters.

Poor catering and no attempt to improve.

Arguing with supporters on social media, not always remembering the facts.

Haphazard decision making Re. Managers.

Things could have been so much better if Smurthwaite had taken advice from "Football people" instead the quote that comes to mind is "How hard can it be to run the Vale its only like running Stoke Audi"

I understand your reasoning and I don't know one fan who doesn't appreciate Smurthwaites investment.

My problem is the way he has wasted his investment, remember the quality over quantity quote ?

The failure to make any attempt to encourage supporters.

Poor catering and no attempt to improve.

Arguing with supporters on social media, not always remembering the facts.

Haphazard decision making Re. Managers.

Things could have been so much better if Smurthwaite had taken advice from "Football people" instead the quote that comes to mind is "How hard can it be to run the Vale its only like running Stoke Audi"

Is that an exact quote then?

He wouldn't need to "fund" the club if it wasn't for his incompetence More fans would turn if 1. A manager was appointed 2. The quality was in squad of 18 players supplemented with young players e.g Turner,Gibbons,Booty 3. He didn't treat the fan base so badly 4. The marketing department did there job 5. The club communicated properly 6. The players were active in local schools in conjunction with marketing campaigns. 7. Engage the club in the community 8. The chairman keeps quiet . Easy basically appoint experts in each area of the club and let them do there job.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

He wouldn't need to "fund" the club if it wasn't for his incompetence More fans would turn if 1. A manager was appointed 2. The quality was in squad of 18 players supplemented with young players e.g Turner,Gibbons,Booty 3. He didn't treat the fan base so badly 4. The marketing department did there job 5. The club communicated properly 6. The players were active in local schools in conjunction with marketing campaigns. 7. Engage the club in the community 8. The chairman keeps quiet . Easy basically appoint experts in each area of the club and let them do there job.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

He may not need to fund the club to the tune of £80k a month but to suggest he would need to put nothing in at all is ludicrous.

Guest TommyMac
He may not need to fund the club to the tune of £80k a month but to suggest he would need to put nothing in at all is ludicrous.

If all those who commented so much on here actually attended games, he wouldn't have to fund the club to a single penny, eh SV1876?

If all those who commented so much on here actually attended games, he wouldn't have to fund the club to a single penny, eh SV1876?

It's a bit much to expect people to travel from the other side of the world for a Tuesday night match.Then fly back and return in time for the match on Saturday

Archived