onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

Advert

That was the worst centre half display i have seen up the vale since Bob Delgado donned the shirt.Ben Purkiss captain do me a favour the first 25 mins he never once told Callum Guy to go wide to stop there left back he is another one who is not fit to slow completley lost on the pitch.Look at the goals conceded today the cross came over for the first he stood flat footed never went to meet the ball at all. The second missed his header altogether a disgraceful performance from a so called professional footballer.

I thought guy did well considering he's not a right back, it's a pity we couldn't play a proper right back there (I heard a whisper that gibbons had picked up an injury, but thats unconfirmed officially). To be fair the left back should be stopped higher up the pitch, we either cheat and let the our right winger play high so their left back has to stay, or the right winger makes sure he tracks him to stop him having that space to run in to. Also unless the balls on the full backs side you can't have the full backs going to stand on the touchline ready for the left back or to mark one of their players, they have to keep a set shape to stop the opposition playing in between the centre half and full back, too big a distance between full back and centre half and you leave too much of a gap.

Their cant be 1 person who watched that game today and thinks we'll stay up. I thought again we were woeful. No fight, no passion, no goals.

I think you watched a different game to every one else. Generally people spout nonsense like this when they know **** all about football.

Nothing wrong with the fight & passion shown by the players. The issue is with the quality of players.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I thought guy did well considering he's not a right back, it's a pity we couldn't play a proper right back there (I heard a whisper that gibbons had picked up an injury, but thats unconfirmed officially). To be fair the left back should be stopped higher up the pitch, we either cheat and let the our right winger play high so their left back has to stay, or the right winger makes sure he tracks him to stop him having that space to run in to. Also unless the balls on the full backs side you can't have the full backs going to stand on the touchline ready for the left back or to mark one of their players, they have to keep a set shape to stop the opposition playing in between the centre half and full back, too big a distance between full back and centre half and you leave too much of a gap.

I never said Guy did not play well in fact i think he did well seeing that he had no help at all from our so called senior players.First and foremost on a pitch like vale park i expect my players to be fit to keep going for 90 mins and more i don't expect after 60 mins three of our players look and play like they are knackered never seen a vale team run out of energy every match like we do every week.

12 shots on goal for us yesterday, 7 on target. Their keeper had to make saves. We had a real go second half. Much improved performance. Some winnable games coming up. JJ finally scores. Room for optimism. 6 or 7 points required from the next three games. Keep the same side on Tuesday and we could win.

Yes but the pies were cold.

My bradford supporting friend said they brought 1150 ,what was the attendance 4900 odd so for a sat game only 3700 odd Vale cared .

And they did care .

Get the season tickets prices down to Bradfords prices for Bycars .

149 quid adults etc .

I think you watched a different game to every one else. Generally people spout nonsense like this when they know **** all about football.

Nothing wrong with the fight & passion shown by the players. The issue is with the quality of players.

Well that's strange how people in the bog after the final whistle were saying the same thing. Were simply not good enough. Bradford were there for the taking but as usual we bottled it.

We didn't bottle it in my view but we obviously aren't good enough and lacked that quality in both boxes. I thought we tried and gave it our best shot considering the makeshift team we had out and were very unlucky not to have got a deserved point against a team who have been up there most of the season.

Don't know what's happening to me, but I actually "enjoyed" the game! End to end and some endeavour from our lot.

I think I've resigned myself to watching Division 2 Footie next season so I now attend games to see what we have got. Not a lot is the answer!

Brown has seemingly got us fans thinking we are playing better than when Bruno was here, but at the end of the day Vale are sadly lacking in any skill or quality. You can run all day(Vale can't by the way!)but it does not mask the obvious fact that we are devoid of any class at all up front and have too many passengers in defence.

Bradford, for all their high position in the League frankly could have been beaten yesterday if we had any nous about us.

Despondency and pessimism have now flown me by. I accept we are gone. No leadership, no Owner who cares, no manager that can turn us round with the shockingly inadequate tools at his disposal. BUT I will still support my Club. No one can convince me that by not turning up is the correct way to behave towards my Club.

I however respect all those die hards and others that have now thrown the towel in and are allegedly not renewing season tickets or indeed wanting to attend matches whilst Smurf remains in charge. Each to their own in our democratic world. My life still revolves a great deal around Vale and always will. I maybe in a minority now but I live in the hope that good times will come back. Haven't a clue how or when but I want to be there when this happens. Simply deserting your Club when the chips are down and you take massive umbrage against one man in charge is not in my make up. Vale need every one of us through these very hard and trying times and I will be there if only to "enjoy" a game of Footie, win lose or draw.

Well that's strange how people in the bog after the final whistle were saying the same thing. Were simply not good enough. Bradford were there for the taking but as usual we bottled it.

I forgot the bogs of a football ground is full of great football analysts!

If you thought fight & passion is what was missing yesterday then you don't understand football.

I fear the drop is inevitable, and 2nd div. football? with this team! I,ve always been Vale and will stay Vale, even if watching them on Wolstanton marsh becomes a reality. I used all my pins on the mold dolls, so will have to get more in for smurfs doll...I HATE HIM FOR WHAT HE'S DONE TO MY CLUB. That's the version if any children are reading this...:yes:

The adult version is I HOPE HIS AR*E HOLE HEALS UP,AND HIS P**CK ROTS AWAY.:clap:

Archived