onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

Well the Winter has not brought many points, but Spring is just around the corner, not that I am too hopeful. As each week goes by we seem to have fewer player options now with a suspension and further injuries. I always think of the Bantams as a big powerful side, so all I am expecting is the chance of bonus points not must win points, however the sight of big Reggie, if fit, would lift the crowd and hopefully cause some chaos in their defence. Seems not long ago that some were dreaming of the top 6, now being in the Top 20 would be a relief. But one game at a time, who will be in it?

Advert

For me, we need to keep clicking over points. One will do here, one against Rochdale and then sneek a win. A run with a few draws, the odd win and no defeats will be enough. Also, we will reach a phase of the season when top teams come under pressure to win game after game. As we have seen when chasing promotion, that can make them vulnerable through trying too hard or freezing. So it maybe that the likes of Bolton will do that.

For me, we need to keep clicking over points. One will do here, one against Rochdale and then sneek a win. A run with a few draws, the odd win and no defeats will be enough. Also, we will reach a phase of the season when top teams come under pressure to win game after game. As we have seen when chasing promotion, that can make them vulnerable through trying too hard or freezing. So it maybe that the likes of Bolton will do that.
Hopefully, also Brown should be more experienced by then with his substitutions and utilization of all the players available to him.

I c no reason why we cannot win .

The effort is there but the players need to work on the final ball also the midfield need to be making runs into the box aswell as tat frees space for others

My team for sat .

Fasan

Purkiss Smith Pugh Kiko

Amoros

Baba Foley Thomas

Eagles

Cecelia (forrester or Hooper ) .

Going be tough but i c a team there who could well do a fab job .

The thinking behind eagles is id give him a free role behind preferably Reggie ,the tall forward holds it and Eagles smashes it not once but three times .

Baba will give us non stop positivity on the right Foley to bomb on all game Amoros to protect the makeshift back four with Pugh playing like he was made for that role like Dean Glover .

Utv

I c no reason why we cannot win .

The effort is there but the players need to work on the final ball also the midfield need to be making runs into the box aswell as tat frees space for others

My team for sat .

Fasan

Purkiss Smith Pugh Kiko

Amoros

Baba Foley Thomas

Eagles

Cecelia (forrester or Hooper ) .

Going be tough but i c a team there who could well do a fab job .

The thinking behind eagles is id give him a free role behind preferably Reggie ,the tall forward holds it and Eagles smashes it not once but three times .

Baba will give us non stop positivity on the right Foley to bomb on all game Amoros to protect the makeshift back four with Pugh playing like he was made for that role like Dean Glover .

Utv

Who the **** is baba use his proper name so people actually know who he is.

For me 4-5-1 with the following

Leo

Foley-Purkiss-Smith-Kiko

Eagles-Tavares-Pugh-Amoros-Thomas

Forrester

Keep it tight, play for a bonus point. Pugh to sit deep and become the third centre back if needed. Foley has the engine to get up and down the flank as does Kiko. Thomas and Eagles need to play inside to support Forrester who I think will tire after 65 mins and so will be replaced by Hooper. Likewise one of the wingers with Shodipo. It is a very negative line-up and I'm not expecting us to create a bucket load of chances and if one comes our way, it's imperative we take it. If we get a point, that's a bonus

Shodipo has played several games in the championship for QPR this season yet we seem to have deemed him not good enough for us after about 1hr against Peterborough.

Judging by how little we created against Bristol Rovers I'd give him another go against Bradford, he can't do any worse than Eagles.

Archived