onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Buyers

boslemportvale91

There are a lot of things that can be said about Norman but I'm not sure this is one of them.

So him having a compensation payout at 16 (for severing a fingertip in a factory) and being able to purchase his first house wasn't him being 'handed' wealth.

Then a friend who owned an engineering company passed away and left the company to him at 21, which he then sold to start buying property. Is that not being 'handed' wealth either?

Admittedly, he has then built his wealth but buying a property, renting it out, then using the rent money to buy another property doesn't require much strategy does it? It just needs an initial sum.

Anyway, does anyone know if Synetics would still be interested? They use data analysis don't they which is similar to Matthew Benham who owns Brentford? Benham transferred his data mining expertise into football to great effect, similar to the 'moneyball' approach used in baseball by the Oakland Athletics team.

Advert

The issue is we need Norman to want to sell and at a realistic price, neither of which seem an option at the moment and that is even IF someone who could take us forward would want to take it on.

Whatever people's views on Norm for and against he is currently the lifeblood of the club in terms of financing it so lose that with no proper plan to go forward and we will end up in administration again with our only main creditor being Norm... who if he rejects the CVA would see us lose 25 plus points (10 or 12 for the administration whatever it is now plus the 15-17 for the CVA rejection) and almost certain relegation to the National League.... the National League generally don't accept clubs in administration so if we are not clear of that by then we'd be in the Evo-Stick and a long road back.

Be careful what we wish for! A relegation to League Two would be bad but is recoverable fairly quickly.

We need to get behind the club as one and try and support it. When you look at Coventry and Charlton we are not at that stage with Smurf currently!

Ideally if Smurf is struggling health wise or fed up he will sell for a realistic price and move on, or try and learn and recover us quickly but regardless we are Port Vale fans and need to get behind the club.

The issue is we need Norman to want to sell and at a realistic price, neither of which seem an option at the moment and that is even IF someone who could take us forward would want to take it on.

Whatever people's views on Norm for and against he is currently the lifeblood of the club in terms of financing it so lose that with no proper plan to go forward and we will end up in administration again with our only main creditor being Norm... who if he rejects the CVA would see us lose 25 plus points (10 or 12 for the administration whatever it is now plus the 15-17 for the CVA rejection) and almost certain relegation to the National League.... the National League generally don't accept clubs in administration so if we are not clear of that by then we'd be in the Evo-Stick and a long road back.

Be careful what we wish for! A relegation to League Two would be bad but is recoverable fairly quickly.

We need to get behind the club as one and try and support it. When you look at Coventry and Charlton we are not at that stage with Smurf currently!

Ideally if Smurf is struggling health wise or fed up he will sell for a realistic price and move on, or try and learn and recover us quickly but regardless we are Port Vale fans and need to get behind the club.

Very good point. If Norman is struggling health wise then I do feel for him. I'm not a fan of his anymore but your health comes first over everything. If I was worth £80m and felt like the club was affecting my health I'd cut my losses, sell for a realistic price and enjoy my retirement. I just worry that his ego and the "I've never made losses on a business deal and don't intend to start now" will mean he will carry on trying to chase those losses for the money he's put in as directors loans.

The issue as I see it is that Smurf is allegedly pumping money into the club and it's being wasted which is poor business but if he is to sell the club then he wants that money back which of course is his prerogative. The problem is this pushes the price up to a level that many potential buyers think is far too high and, of course, they aren't necessarily buying the ground as well.

So, the club is not an attractive proposition it seems to me. There clearly hasn't been a business plan which is ridiculous and I don't see how the situation can change for the better under the present conditions. It seems to me that Smurf can either:

1. Sell up or walk away and take a hit and not waste any more money or

2. Take a back seat, employ someone who knows what he/she is doing and pray things take a turn for the better or

3. Carry on as we are until he goes bankrupt

We might just survive in this league for this season but the future looks pretty grim at the moment.

I'm sure that many on here will disagree but we simply can't go on as we are.

So him having a compensation payout at 16 (for severing a fingertip in a factory) and being able to purchase his first house wasn't him being 'handed' wealth.

Then a friend who owned an engineering company passed away and left the company to him at 21, which he then sold to start buying property. Is that not being 'handed' wealth either?

Jesus Christ mate, I'd like him to sell up as much as you but you're scraping the barrel here.

He got the equivalent of £19500 (£3000 in 1977) for the industrial accident, bought a house with it, did it up and then sold it for 4.5 times as much.

Hardly being handled wealth, that's pennies in the property sector he turned into 450% revenue.

At the end of the day he turned about 1.4m from the engineering company, which he built up and doubled his money from, into £40m or whatever it is he has now.

Again, there is a lot to criticise him for, but to say he inherited all his wealth and didn't create it himself is starting to really scrape the barrel.

Admittedly, he has then built his wealth but buying a property, renting it out, then using the rent money to buy another property doesn't require much strategy does it? It just needs an initial sum.

I have experience in this from the landlord perspective. Believe me its a massive ball ache and requires a hell of a lot more than just an initial sum. Buying and flipping properties is not easy or everyone would get a bank loan and do it.

Did Elton John know anything about running Watford when he took over?

There was probably not as much pressure on the owners to produce immediate results like today. Now a days it is the immediate results that count. If not - people jump all over the owners.

Who ever takes over Smurf will be expected to improve everything straight away. Some may say that wont be hard act. Certainly don't envy their task. We all want a successful club, that is why we support Vale.

It is certainly not an easy ride being a Vale supporter.

Jesus Christ mate, I'd like him to sell up as much as you but you're scraping the barrel here.

He got the equivalent of £19500 (£3000 in 1977) for the industrial accident, bought a house with it, did it up and then sold it for 4.5 times as much.

Hardly being handled wealth, that's pennies in the property sector he turned into 450% revenue.

At the end of the day he turned about 1.4m from the engineering company, which he built up and doubled his money from, into £80m or whatever it is he has now.

Again, there is a lot to criticise him for, but to say he inherited all his wealth and didn't create it himself is starting to really scrape the barrel.

I have experience in this from the landlord perspective. Believe me its a massive ball ache and requires a hell of a lot more than just an initial sum. Buying and flipping properties is not easy or everyone would get a bank loan and do it.

I wish someone would have handed me £19,500 + £1.4m by the time I was 21!

I also have experience of property from a landlord perspective. It is a ballache I agree but I disagree that it takes more than an initial sum. You buy houses and have an estate agent manage them (for a small %). Everyone would do it if it was that easy to get a bank loan for £1m! :laugh:

Anyway, we've gone way off topic! :offtopic: :opps:

Anyway, does anyone know if Synetics would still be interested? They use data analysis don't they which is similar to Matthew Benham who owns Brentford? Benham transferred his data mining expertise into football to great effect, similar to the 'moneyball' approach used in baseball by the Oakland Athletics team.

Dont know if it would happen but i heard once that with how synectics are growing in their field that they will become as big as Bet365 are in the betting field

Ideally if Smurf is struggling health wise or fed up he will sell for a realistic price and move on.

Point one. No it's not.

It's not recoverable quickly at all. We have a squad full of loans, contacts to the end of the season and two and three year contracts to some players who are garbage.

The failed decision in the summer will take at least another two transfer windows to rectify and under the current owner will not be fruitful anyway because of his recruitment policy.

A relegation is a disaster and will see the club sink to depths it's not been before in my opinion.

Point two. No we aren't. But it's silly to compare them two clubs to us. Clubs who really should be in the championship and fighting for more.

Let me give you an example of who we are becoming. Notts County.

They tried a similar experiment and it failed and they are still paying the consequences.

Do you remember in the summer the Notts County fan who came on here and told us to beware of the consequences as there were huge similarities between what we were doing and what Notts did? That's where we are heading. We must somehow stay up.

Point 3. This won't happen. We know what the man is like. I said 12 months ago and got shot down for saying it and 12 months on I'm of the same opinion. The man has an agenda. An agenda to run the club down as low as he can. Don't forget he owns the ground. That's his. When he leaves the club it will be a big two fingers up to the lot of you and he will be sipping his claret in the full knowledge he successfully got what he wanted and whatever that may be, the state of the club will be borderline irreparable or totally screwed.

Archived