onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Buyers

boslemportvale91

Advert

Point one. No it's not.

It's not recoverable quickly at all. We have a squad full of loans, contacts to the end of the season and two and three year contracts to some players who are garbage.

The failed decision in the summer will take at least another two transfer windows to rectify and under the current owner will not be fruitful anyway because of his recruitment policy.

A relegation is a disaster and will see the club sink to depths it's not been before in my opinion.

Point two. No we aren't. But it's silly to compare them two clubs to us. Clubs who really should be in the championship and fighting for more.

Let me give you an example of who we are becoming. Notts County.

They tried a similar experiment and it failed and they are still paying the consequences.

Do you remember in the summer the Notts County fan who came on here and told us to beware of the consequences as there were huge similarities between what we were doing and what Notts did? That's where we are heading. We must somehow stay up.

Point 3. This won't happen. We know what the man is like. I said 12 months ago and got shot down for saying it and 12 months on I'm of the same opinion. The man has an agenda. An agenda to run the club down as low as he can. Don't forget he owns the ground. That's his. When he leaves the club it will be a big two fingers up to the lot of you and he will be sipping his claret in the full knowledge he successfully got what he wanted and whatever that may be, the state of the club will be borderline irreparable or totally screwed.

You are absolutely spot on with the Notts County comparison. It has taken a long while to get out of their problems and they have recently gained a new owner. He paid next to nothing for the club because of the mess that it is in despite the previous chairman initially holding out for what he called a fair price - no takers of course. And in this case the ground came with the club!

Synetics are sitting, waiting and watching. They want the club.

However, our wonderful chairman is now even refusing to speak to them on match days.

Is there any source on this? I am intrigued by this company and whether or not their intentions are as they say are?

Is there any source on this? I am intrigued by this company and whether or not their intentions are as they say are?

They've made donations to the club in the past, sponsored a few players and sponsored the Railway Stand.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale/story-29965531-detail/story.html

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-new-neighbours-synectics-solutions/story-28035826-detail/story.html

Yep can find all this info, I just cant find anything that states that wanted to buy the club.

I have heard it from someone within the club. It's been backed up by 4 other people.

People simply dismiss the idea that there is nobody who wants the club. Norman will tell you that and brainwash the masses. Truth is there is people waiting. Sadly, he just won't sell. He won't even speak to these people now on match days like I have said. Again, backed up by other people I have spoken to.

I have heard it from someone within the club. It's been backed up by 4 other people.

People simply dismiss the idea that there is nobody who wants the club. Norman will tell you that and brainwash the masses. Truth is there is people waiting. Sadly, he just won't sell. He won't even speak to these people now on match days like I have said. Again, backed up by other people I have spoken to.

Not saying it's not true but when people on these forums sight anonymous sources for information they are shot down. Guess we should all prepare for Lee Clarks managerial arrival too?

further speculation, one rumour has it that synetics would have to borrow heavily and the FA don't look kindly to anyone who uses leveraged debt to purchase a club.

Could well be true.

More worryingly is the current owner he has been quoted in saying he is putting 80k a month in and more and also quoted as saying he has never lost a business deal and won't here. Therefore wants his money back and probably more.

I find it incredibly naive when you read posts like he's pumping his money in. People thinking he's just washing it away. Make no mistake, whatever he puts in he wants back. And however that will be he will get it.

The man is ruthless.

Why would either of Robbie Williams or Phil Taylor want to buy the club? They don't know anything about running a football club and are only fans of Vale. It would be like have Smurf back, but will less PR gaffs maybe. The same mistakes would probably be made by them, as they learned how to be footy chairmen.

It would need a consortium that knows how to run a football club and has the money to back up their plans. It would take a lot of money due to the investment needed in the club.

At the moment I can only see Smurf running the club, as no one would want to come in and pay the asking price he would want for the club.

I think either of them or both coming in together could own the Vale but would need a CEO and I mean a CEO not someone from Rochdale.

What is it with people owning Port Vale and not wanting to let go. It is like these jokers are paid by Stoke City to make the club a mockery and its fans.

Archived