onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Buyers

boslemportvale91

I have never seen them publish a story about how high our attendances were. The minute they have a negative vale story it's headline news.

2008 we had an average of 4417, hardly the lowest for 20 years. Twisting facts is pretty easy, especially when you take a season when we played Coventry and wolves and they probably bought more than the home fans.

You really do talk some crap. Our current average is 4404 with our highest gate being 5854, I aren't twisting that, its a fact. If Bradford Sheffield and Bolton all brought 4000 each that will add 520 to our average, but then we could have some sub 4000 gates as well which will bring it down. The Wolves gate was 12601, Coventry 9218, and those two gates added about 325 to the average. Go and have a look how many gates over 6000 we had in that season when we weren't playing Sheffield and Coventry. We only had 4 league gates under 5000, Stevenage, Colchester, Leyton Orient And Crawley and our highest gate this season would have been a poor gate in that season. The average that season was 6249, so the facts as they stand are are we have lost 1832 fans from the first season after promotion. Accuse me of twisting, The Sentinel of being negative or Trump for all the worlds woes, but you cant argue with facts.

Advert

You really do talk some crap. Our current average is 4404 with our highest gate being 5854, I aren't twisting that, its a fact. If Bradford Sheffield and Bolton all brought 4000 each that will add 520 to our average, but then we could have some sub 4000 gates as well which will bring it down. The Wolves gate was 12601, Coventry 9218, and those two gates added about 325 to the average. Go and have a look how many gates over 6000 we had in that season when we weren't playing Sheffield and Coventry. We only had 4 league gates under 5000, Stevenage, Colchester, Leyton Orient And Crawley and our highest gate this season would have been a poor gate in that season. The average that season was 6249, so the facts as they stand are are we have lost 1832 fans from the first season after promotion. Accuse me of twisting, The Sentinel of being negative or Trump for all the worlds woes, but you cant argue with facts.

You are correct we have lost 1832 fans from our first season in this league but it's not unusual as discussed last week on another thread.Most crowds increase when a club get promoted and then level off.

I'm not saying it's ideal but our current average gate of 4,405 is about right for us in League One.Our four seasons in this league between 2004 and 2008 never saw us reach an average of 5,000.Our latest venture so far from 2013/14 has seen us manage 6,249,5,290 and 4,993 last season in League One.

Excluding this season and since 2000,our average gate has been 5,110 per season,nothing much as changed really and is par for the course.Like you say,you can't argue with facts.

You are correct we have lost 1832 fans from our first season in this league but it's not unusual as discussed last week on another thread.Most crowds increase when a club get promoted and then level off.

I'm not saying it's ideal but our current average gate of 4,405 is about right for us in League One.Our four seasons in this league between 2004 and 2008 never saw us reach an average of 5,000.Our latest venture so far from 2013/14 has seen us manage 6,249,5,290 and 4,993 last season in League One.

Excluding this season and since 2000,our average gate has been 5,110 per season,nothing much as changed really and is par for the course.Like you say,you can't argue with facts.

Correct, you can't argue with facts, and the last ones you just presented prove conclusively that gates are dropping.

You take an average of the last 4 seasons but this immediately follows the fact that you admit they have gone from 6249 to 5290 then 4993 and now about 4500.

The 4500 in the period 2004-2008 was nurtured and built up by a good season ticket offer then a good manager Micky Adams and a buzz round the club, so that it got to 6000 - a drop of a little in the second season would have been expected but 1000 out of 6200 was a bit much.

Then down to 4998, just a modest drop, but this season is the real worry, in that it isn't just the lower gates but the apathy and division in the fan base.

The reasons for the drop are another subject so please don't divert off to them and manipulate things - but the facts, as you say, don't lie - and the facts are that Vale have lost a quarter of their fans at home and the trend is accelerating.

That being said, it's a hell of a drop in a short period of time.

I predict that under Smurthwaite, next season will see even further decline in attendances, to a point where we will struggle to get 3500, particularly on night matches.

Especially if we go down.

Just read forusall post, clearly I'm talking crap....

How have we lost 1832 fans when you have just said wolves and Coventry added 350 to the average?

I reckon gates are down about 1000 home fans, many of which were here for the promotion buzz, I know stoke fans who were disillusioned with pulis and came to watch vale. We are a mid table side compared to back then, Low wages, employment and the amount of games we have moved to midweek is another factor.how many are banned for trouble? Still two seasons ago we were moaning about how we don't want fans like that..

Why the big issue about attendances? We aren't going to win every game and play like Barcelona which some fans seem to think we should. We all dream of the championship, but those seasons are few and far between, I for one was pleased that in the last two seasons we have signed some good youngsters and even sold two players, something we haven't done for 10 years + . I think brown is the right appointment, personally I would have give it him in May, steady the ship, and back him in June. Even then the crowds won't come back. We were top three earlier in the season and they didn't come back. Smurf offered to buy a championship forward and they didn't come back.

Stoke were only getting 5-7k fans in their promotion season in the championship, but on promotion day they had about 25k..... Even now in cup games they struggle to get 7k

Its the negativity in a handful of fans which is causing the 'apathy' they are like Trip advisor putting people off going keep spouting their 'bile' and its ever likely fans cant be ***** to go anymore, its the same on facebook negative comments of the club they profess to love

Daily rants of how they think the club should be run its ever likely the fans are dropping like fly's

Why not talk about the positive things and play a part in building the club up for a change!!

You can take positives from every situation but some fans have a big problem and only see the black side!!

Its the negativity in a handful of fans which is causing the 'apathy' they are like Trip advisor putting people off going keep spouting their 'bile' and its ever likely fans cant be ***** to go anymore, its the same on facebook negative comments of the club they profess to love

Daily rants of how they think the club should be run its ever likely the fans are dropping like fly's

Why not talk about the positive things and play a part in building the club up for a change!!

You can take positives from every situation but some fans have a big problem and only see the black side!!

thats right John, nothing at all to do with the team on the pitch and how the club is being run. its all down to a few negative fans.

Just read forusall post, clearly I'm talking crap....

How have we lost 1832 fans when you have just said wolves and Coventry added 350 to the average?

I reckon gates are down about 1000 home fans, many of which were here for the promotion buzz, I know stoke fans who were disillusioned with pulis and came to watch vale. We are a mid table side compared to back then, Low wages, employment and the amount of games we have moved to midweek is another factor.how many are banned for trouble? Still two seasons ago we were moaning about how we don't want fans like that..

Why the big issue about attendances? We aren't going to win every game and play like Barcelona which some fans seem to think we should. We all dream of the championship, but those seasons are few and far between, I for one was pleased that in the last two seasons we have signed some good youngsters and even sold two players, something we haven't done for 10 years + . I think brown is the right appointment, personally I would have give it him in May, steady the ship, and back him in June. Even then the crowds won't come back. We were top three earlier in the season and they didn't come back. Smurf offered to buy a championship forward and they didn't come back.

Stoke were only getting 5-7k fans in their promotion season in the championship, but on promotion day they had about 25k..... Even now in cup games they struggle to get 7k

You are talking crap. Attendances are down 1800 over a short space of time, that is a fact. the argument wasn't about how many home fans but attendances on the whole. Attendances are important as it is a major source of the clubs revenue. You hit the nail on the head when you said we were in the top 6 earlier in the season and crowds were still down, apart from your clutching at straws reasoning, could it be that fans are just totally disallusioned with how the club is being run? Do you think that Norman promising to buy a championship player will get fans through the gates? No, actually signing that type of player might but not hollow words, which is what they were. As for Stoke gates in this division, you need to go and look at the stats mate, they averaged just under 14000 in the season they got promoted with their lowest gate 9515 against Colchester and the highest v us 23019. they averaged 14532 the season after lowest gate 10406 and 16823 the season the were promoted to the prem lowest gate 11414. quite where you get 5-7000 from is a mystery.

you would do well to ask a few Stoke fans their opinions on us, fans with no emotional connection to us but are your mates (you know like the one you went to Stoke with last week when you paid for your ticket). Opinions they form based on what they see and hear in the media and nothing to do with reading message boards full of Vale fans. It might surprise you that they think Norman is a bit of an idiot and we deserve better.

I don't see a single attempt at a positive in the above

I'm not saying there aren't any but what positives do you see?

There's a difference between realism and constant put-downs of the club.

Heaven knows there's plenty that needs improving, but I think his point is that negativity breeds negativity - which helps no-one.

Thankfully I don't detect anything like this much moaning on the terraces. It seems to be an internet thing!

No mate. Keep clutching at straws there, its almost funny.

I see a team in transition that needs our support!! okay the Bruno experiment didn't work and Norman has made himself look pretty silly but has sanctioned the signings in the window and I see us getting better once these players have gelled,we have Foley back now plus the new additions and Forester once he is firing on all cylinders we will be ok

We are in RELEGATION BATTLE I know but sometimes this can be as exciting as a promotion charge it creates the same buzz as these are must win games!!

All i'm saying is to help the team we need to become the 12th man and stop all this doom and gloom negativity if you moan and groan all the time its ever likely people just dont want the hassle!!

Its almost becoming a daily rant and rave always bringing up the same garbage which has all been said and has now gone, the time is now and what we can all do to help the team over this hump!!

Or we could all just accept our fate like a wimpering dog in the corner!!

I know which I prefer!!

There's a difference between realism and constant put-downs of the club.

Heaven knows there's plenty that needs improving, but I think his point is that negativity breeds negativity - which helps no-one.

Thankfully I don't detect anything like this much moaning on the terraces. It seems to be an internet thing!

Exactly right!! its the same handful on here all the time its like an obsession with them!!

Archived