onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Buyers

boslemportvale91

I am not surprised that attendances are lower now than they were when we were fighting for promotion until nearly the end of the season, are you? Will Rotherham average more or less this season than they did the year we both went up?

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/aveeng.htm

Over half the clubs in our division have seen attendances drop since last season, even more than that in league 2. Lower league attendances are declining. It's folly to lay the blame for a national problem solely at Smurfs door.

As for your first comment, didn't you and others use this site to influence SEO all those years ago. How could a couple of people on a website influence large sections of our support?

We used various ways, this site being one, with good reason. Our average attendance is at its lowest level since 1988 (I think that was the year the Sentinel quoted I could be wrong). Are you saying this is nothing to do with Norman Smurthwaite and his actions? You carry on believing we are improving on and off the pitch, i'll just look at the real facts that show otherwise.

Advert

We used various ways, this site being one, with good reason. Our average attendance is at its lowest level since 1988 (I think that was the year the Sentinel quoted I could be wrong). Are you saying this is nothing to do with Norman Smurthwaite and his actions? You carry on believing we are improving on and off the pitch, i'll just look at the real facts that show otherwise.

And you carry on twisting my words and I will just look at what I actually said.

I never said it was nothing to do with Smurf I said it wasn't solely Smurfs fault as there is evidence that declining attendances are happening all over the lower leagues.

Of course when that evidence doesn't fit in with your agenda it is tossed aside and ignored.

The senile don't know what day it is most of the time and can't wait to stick the boot in the vale. Let's see what the attendance is at after Bradford, Bolton and Sheffield at home....

So mo was buying it with a loan.....you berate our current owner for his directors loans?

I didn't say he was, I just made the comment go and try and get a loan of that size in the current climate. It was someone else who implied Mo was borrowing the money. As far as I am aware he wasn't

And you carry on twisting my words and I will just look at what I actually said.

I never said it was nothing to do with Smurf I said it wasn't solely Smurfs fault as there is evidence that declining attendances are happening all over the lower leagues.

Of course when that evidence doesn't fit in with your agenda it is tossed aside and ignored.

I aren't twisting anything, just stating cold hard facts. I don't have an agenda anymore than you do, just a different opinion that you don't like.

The senile don't know what day it is most of the time and can't wait to stick the boot in the vale. Let's see what the attendance is at after Bradford, Bolton and Sheffield at home....

Yes it must be really difficult to google average attendances and then see how low they have dropped too. Why is stating a provable fact sticking the boot in? After the games you mention the average attendance may then be 4500, which will be 2000 down on our season after promotion and the lowest average for 2 decades. Still i'm sure you will find a positive in that somewhere

Yes it must be really difficult to google average attendances and then see how low they have dropped too. Why is stating a provable fact sticking the boot in? After the games you mention the average attendance may then be 4500, which will be 2000 down on our season after promotion and the lowest average for 2 decades. Still i'm sure you will find a positive in that somewhere

I have never seen them publish a story about how high our attendances were. The minute they have a negative vale story it's headline news.

2008 we had an average of 4417, hardly the lowest for 20 years. Twisting facts is pretty easy, especially when you take a season when we played Coventry and wolves and they probably bought more than the home fans.

Also it is just swept under the carpet that Norman despite the negatives HAS improved us ON and OFF the pitch. It may be time for a change due to the same old natives getting restless for some ousting but you can guarantee whoever takes over would be getting the pitchfork mob within a year or two and essentially it is the pitchfork mob that divide the fan base and will continue to do so until the club dies.

Interesting post...............Can you point out how we have improved ON the pitch, that is the most important fact to me off the pitch will follow.

Where I sit I have seen us decline steadily over the last season with weaker, has beens, chancers and very very inexperienced players managers and coaches.

This time last season the team was steady if unspectacular (What I would give for that now)

So just HOW has Smurtwaite improved us on the pitch,if supporters stop querying the running and stewardship of the club do you think we will climb the league,I doubt it and you are so naïve its laughable.

Archived