onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Staying up or going down ⚽

Advert

Ask me after Saturday. Gills' form over the past 12 months is shocking, even worse than ours and we've had some good results there in recent seasons (the win in the promotion season was one of my favourite away days in years). Lose Saturday and I think it is a long way back given our fixtures in the next month, then our run in.

It's extremely difficult to come into a poor team as an inexperienced youngster. Add to that the starting XI changes continually and there are no proven partnerships as yet.

Full back wise Birchall & Yates did ok together, then not so long ago Purkiss & Moore looked decent. Tanser hasn't had played a dozen games yet and is still getting to know his team-mates in very hard times with little or no assistance. I don't think Smith or Guy or Shadipo will be helping him a lot.

Youngsters will be inconsistent. Walker was poor on Saturday. Folk have criticised the keeper too. Guy & De Freitas were both poor. Why pick on Tanser? He needs a stable set of players around and in front of him when things are tough.

We've used 38 players this season, 20 of whom have never before played at this level. It's no wonder we're a sinking ship. A great deal of quality has gone from the playing staff and we're now relying on kids. Ultimately you get what you pay for.

This 38 player thing is doing my head in, its a crock of ****. It includes subs who have played perhaps 10 minutes tops all season, it includes pointless paint pot games where we gave youngsters a run, it includes the keeper who came on against huddersfield because alnwick was injured.

From my memory, we have had a pretty consistent 16 all season, amazing what negative spin the sentinel will make and our fans believe.

Alnwick, Purkiss, Streete, Smith, Knops, Grant, Tavares, Foley, Jones, Reggie, Paterson, Thomas, Amoros, De freitas, kiko, kelly

Probably not Mansfield.

They're going to be in league one!

Yes, it's looking more and more likely they'll be in the play-offs, because they chose an experienced manager who's taken them to 9 wins and 4 draws in their last 16 games. Personally, I can't stand Steve Evans but at least he knows what he's doing. Expecting Brown to dig us out of the mess we're in at this late stage is asking a lot, something even the great Rudgie couldn't manage.

I think we will stay up .

However we wont if u leave ineffective players on all game when the oppositions big centre half is dominating our player .

Negativity breeds negativity.

Id set the players a target of winning every remaining game ,people will laugh at that ,laugh as much as u want ,its possible ,anything is possible ask Bournemouth .

Its like a qualifier who has got a wild card to play at the darts championships and goes all the way to the final ,its like Port Vale yes Port Vale that marvellous team reaching the semi final in 1954 FA Cup .

Believe .!!!

Get behind the club .

Anyone can desert a struggling operation but if everyone pulls together well great things can happen .

Moaning achieves nothing ,support the players ,support the club and lets make the end of this season memorable.

Utv

If we had 5 or 6 battled hardened experienced players who are going to be here next season, then I would say stop up.

Unfortunately we have a team of strangers who have no affinity to Port Vale Football Club, who belong to other clubs and are severely lacking in experience.

Based on that I am going to say going down.

Sadly the current form book says that we are going down and if we do I can't see us getting back up any time soon because our supremo's answer will be to cut the budget once again.

When I think back to our hard earned promotion my heart bleeds for all Valiants at the thought of going back to L2 or in reality L4.

Our main advantage in this is that you don't need to be any good to stay up. There are no stand out teams in this league & we've already shown you can win games without playing well. We need to improve quickly but I think we will stay up. Just.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I don't think we have enough. Not enough players in that team know how to dig out a result. I really hope we can stay up but I can't see where we will get enough points from. Swindon at Home is massive. Over the next few games that's the only one i can see us getting something. Very tough month a head.

Goal difference column is looking bad regarding the teams around us so it's points we need. 1-0 wins at home coupled with a far superior points tally away from home from now until May and we should be comfortably safe.

However, the club needs a complete overhaul YET AGAIN in close season and this time, either if we are in this division or the next, Smurf really does need to get it right.

I said it when he got rid, and I will say it again......getting rid of Tom Pope was a big, big mistake. Yes, you will mostly disagree and laugh me down but we have missed Pope. Not particularly Tom himself in persona, but what he brought to the team in the footballing sense.

The idea that we could replace him with better at half the price was laughable in the extreme and it was the beginning of a wedge that has driven a huge gap in our playing staff with the departures we had at the end of last season that will take years to repair.

A big strong centre forward who can hold up the ball, bring others into play, take the game to the opposition (moving our play yards further up the field) and actually put the ball into the net........GOLDDUST NORMAN, GOLDDUST.

We reap what we sow in football but despite our current state of affairs I firmly believe we will stay up but there needs to be a serious change in direction to bring about the changes needed to move us forward.

Archived