onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ive been critical but.....

Mario

Oh dear!

Some rich and successful people may well be in that position for the reasons you give...but many more are there because they worked the 80-hour weeks; took risks using their own money, and/or mortgaging / re-mortgaging their own property; sold all their possessions to back themselves; spotted an opportunity where nobody else did; or maybe they got where they did by being creative or using their talents.

You're quite right that many 'rich' people have got their thru hard work and risk taking or being very talented although many thru less acceptable means.

I believe Tom FInney was one such? In any case, you can't really blame these for grumbling when some dick "wants to share the money more fairly" by taking it off those who worked their arses off and give it to those whose arses remain firmly stuck to a settee!!!

Whilst it's right that we look after those genuinely in need there will always be some who will seek to exploit the system; the price we pay for being able to help the genuine and a price worth paying

Oh - and I know I've gone off-topic, so I'll do what you did and give a passing nod to Smurf - let's see how his remedial work pans out, eh?

He should let someone else run the show now..but remain as owner

Advert

When I was working, seems a long time ago now, I was self employed and to do 80 hours a week would have been a reduction in my hours

Having worked in IT and the financial world for far too long I've encountered 100s of hard-working people doing such long hours who in the end have done well for themselves in a financial sense..but Jeez are they knackered and worn out now and unlikely to be able to really enjoy their wealth.

I stopped my 14 hours days 6 days a week a while back cos it was quite literally killing me..I'm far richer now in every other sense..I have time to do other things which I've put off for years and years.

Who knows I might even go back to my dream of being a poet..it's what I want to do, I know it..(see what I did there?)

Having worked in IT and the financial world for far too long I've encountered 100s of hard-working people doing such long hours who in the end have done well for themselves in a financial sense..but Jeez are they knackered and worn out now and unlikely to be able to really enjoy their wealth.

I stopped my 14 hours days 6 days a week a while back cos it was quite literally killing me..I'm far richer now in every other sense..I have time to do other things which I've put off for years and years.

Who knows I might even go back to my dream of being a poet..it's what I want to do, I know it..(see what I did there?)

It was only a chance encounter with a cardiologist who told me I had a 2cm hole in my heart that convinced me to stop when I did.

If thats what you dream of go for it Mr Aitch... and good luck to you.

What I find astounding is this attitude that he is pumping money in left right and centre!

He is the owner of a lower league football club.

Many more owners are pumping money in to their clubs.

What you fail to grasp is that the business could and certainly should be taking more money! Anyone with half a brain can see the opportunities for more revenue!

I don't dislike the guy. I just love my club and can see we should be getting so much more out of this!

In regards to getting promoted, I've acknowledged before that the Hughes signing was superb. As was Purse and Chilvers. Great experience.

I was a huge fan of Norman up until the Exeter game. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on many things and supported most of what he did. Club shop being a superb example.

Sadly Mark, he cannot live on his laurels.

In the last 18 months he has taken the club to dangerous depths. Separating the ground for example. Imagine if Bratt had done that?!

By all means call me a moaner, a guy with an agenda, whatever. Get personal. I'm not bothered really. And when I'm at VP or watching the boys away I support and cheer them for 90 mins.

This is a forum where concerns should be aired. And I will continue to do so.

You were, after all, one of those who lambasted me in the summer when I aired concerns about Bruno and the abundance of foreign signings.

Still, no hard feelings.

Come back with a constructive argument as to what he has done for this club, OUR club, in the last two years and don't keep giving drivel that he puts his money in.

Every chairman does.

Here's to three points Friday under Browny and long may it continue.

The problem is mate, they dont. Show me another chairman who ploughs 1m+ a season into the club, for example bury are on their arses, as are oldham. Fans are quick to forget that we sign players in addition to the budget that the manager has wasted,signings like Alnwick, Inniss, Taylor and co. Crikey, we have some of the best young players we have seen for 10 years and possibly opportunities to flog them on! Also didnt he offer to sign Chopra last year if we could break the 5k fans mark.....I am not here to defend his PR , his ramblings and tweets, but as i said when V2001 were in charge i would happily sell our club to the devil as long as he ploughed money in and got us up the leagues. All this la la land nonsense of a vale fan millionaire owning the club is a load of nonsense and wont ever happen.

Can you give me a constructive argument what other chairmen do ? other than plough money in, considering some dont even do that....

I would have appointed brown last may so fingers crossed he gets us playing how we have seen us play with this side back in august / september, it wont bring the crowds back instantly, but once we are top 6 they will come back in their droves.

One manager once said we needed a clear out from root to branch, i dont see many old faces left at VP, personally i see it as an optimist that this is Smurfs investment, he isnt going to walk away until hes made it a success, if that comes with a bit of turmoil and stress, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

The problem is mate, they dont. Show me another chairman who ploughs 1m+ a season into the club,

But many would argue if they are loans that he expects to get back then he isn't ploughing in anything..he's just investing and wants a return on that investment. It's great that he is doing that but he's doing it expecting to get something out of it; which is fine but should not be dressed up as something else.

Can you give me a constructive argument what other chairmen do ? other than plough money in, considering some dont even do that....

I would hazard a guess that some, not all, run the business astutely and grow and develop the club

I would have appointed brown last may

On what basis?

so fingers crossed he gets us playing how we have seen us play with this side back in august / september, it wont bring the crowds back instantly, but once we are top 6 they will come back in their droves.

Agreed

i see it as an optimist that this is Smurfs investment, he isnt going to walk away until hes made it a success, if that comes with a bit of turmoil and stress, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

Totally agree...don't want him to walk away

Who knows I might even go back to my dream of being a poet..it's what I want to do, I know it..(see what I did therve?)

Maybe you should consider going back to the day job after all! :razz:

Not being funny .. But what exactly has he addressed?

this for me is what kills the credibility of OVF over the last few years... negativity for the sake of moaning. What has he addressed? Apart from signing 3 players, releasing 3, turning down poor offers for our best player and sacking the manager.... Hes done nothing. What were you expecting him muscling his way to the front of the queue for Tevez and Oscar to get them to Burslem instead of China?

The problem is mate, they dont. Show me another chairman who ploughs 1m+ a season into the club, for example bury are on their arses, as are oldham. Fans are quick to forget that we sign players in addition to the budget that the manager has wasted,signings like Alnwick, Inniss, Taylor and co. Crikey, we have some of the best young players we have seen for 10 years and possibly opportunities to flog them on! Also didnt he offer to sign Chopra last year if we could break the 5k fans mark.....I am not here to defend his PR , his ramblings and tweets, but as i said when V2001 were in charge i would happily sell our club to the devil as long as he ploughed money in and got us up the leagues. All this la la land nonsense of a vale fan millionaire owning the club is a load of nonsense and wont ever happen.

I would have appointed brown last may so fingers crossed he gets us playing how we have seen us play with this side back in august / september, it wont bring the crowds back instantly, but once we are top 6 they will come back in their droves.

One manager once said we needed a clear out from root to branch, i dont see many old faces left at VP, personally i see it as an optimist that this is Smurfs investment, he isnt going to walk away until hes made it a success, if that comes with a bit of turmoil and stress, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

steady on you will blow peoples minds with common sense and realism here

But many would argue if they are loans that he expects to get back then he isn't ploughing in anything..he's just investing and wants a return on that investment. It's great that he is doing that but he's doing it expecting to get something out of it; which is fine but should not be dressed up as something else.

On what basis?

I will answer these two Johnny -

1. Who cares how its dressed up, i would be happy for him to have all his money back, the only way that will happen is a massive promotion or major transfer sale. Either way we would have done bloody well as a team if we are selling players for 2m+ or gain promotions.

2. I think Brownie is disciplined, scary, nobodys bigger than him attitude will force players to get their heads down and work hard, thats 33% of the job, tactics and ability about make the rest up and we have some great talented youngsters. I think he will help bring them on. Also he has great contacts in the game having been an ex premier league player. I dont think we need an experienced manager these days, given the success of JFH, Gary Rowett, Justin Edinburgh in recent seasons (off the top of my head).

1. Who cares how its dressed up, i would be happy for him to have all his money back, the only way that will happen is a massive promotion or major transfer sale. Either way we would have done bloody well as a team if we are selling players for 2m+ or gain promotions.

2. I think Brownie is disciplined, scary, nobodys bigger than him attitude will force players to get their heads down and work hard, thats 33% of the job, tactics and ability about make the rest up and we have some great talented youngsters. I think he will help bring them on. Also he has great contacts in the game having been an ex premier league player. I dont think we need an experienced manager these days, given the success of JFH, Gary Rowett, Justin Edinburgh in recent seasons (off the top of my head).

Stop talking sense!

ta

I'd suggest that you do as it's important to you that he's 'ploughing money in' when he may not be. My concern is what's it going to do long term if he has in mind a way of getting it back after a failure to get promotion etc. Ttransparency I suppose is what I'm looking for

Fairynuff..I don't agree but I understand the basis.

This is bizarre so he gets no credit for doing positive things but gets shed loads of abuse' date=' some of which is vile and completely uncalled for, for anything perceived as negative.[/quote']

bit like your views on Doddsy's performances performances then when he was with us:razz::razz:

Archived