onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ive been critical but.....

Mario

Do you prop up our side by putting a million a year in......no, you don't have to support him but to say we would better without him, you should go and have a word with yourself in the mirror. We would be a Shopping Centre and ground sharing with stoke. Don't know if you have noticed but there's not many millionaires queueing up to buy us.

Plus the reason we had 6k fans was because we were getting promoted because of smurfs money.......

Some more facts for you.

How long do you think smurf with prop up "his side" if its costing him 1M a year?

Its impossible to say if we would be better without him unless we know who takes his place... but... are we getting better or worse with him?

Who in his right mind would build a shopping center in burslem?

Advert

How long do you think smurf with prop up "his side" if its costing him 1M a year?

Its impossible to say if we would be better without him unless we know who takes his place... but... are we getting better or worse with him?

Who in his right mind would build a shopping center in burslem?

Your comments, as usual are really useful.... Thanks, keep it up.

"He may be an idiot. But he's our idiot"

The owner of our 141 year old football club.

Accept it by all means mate. I won't.

Let's not forget that we were averaging almost 6000 under his regime. It's too far gone to blame Bratt and co. The last 18 months have been dire under Norman's reign.

"Yes, he talks rubbish at times but I truly believe he will come good".......

Please state why Nick.

Pure optimism?

Is that what you want me to cling to?

My opinions are purely based on what the man has done for the football club so far.

Lowest attendances since the 80s.

Separated the ground from the business (had Bratt and co done that they would have been ran out of town)

Has no clue on the football side of things but continues to put his tuppence worth in.

Slags off his own supporters.

Tells us all Bruno Ribeiro will be the next big thing. Sell out the stadium. Sell loads of players for millions in the transfer window.

And I could go on!

Seriously Nick, I'm stating facts. Facts that have happened and concerns that will more than likely happen.

By all means pal, sit back and support the guy.

I don't. Never have. Never will. BUT will support Port Vale because they are my club.

The sooner this idiotic custodian of the club sells up (and there are buyers), the better.

In the meantime, I'm more than willing to listen to anyone who wants to tell me what good he has done to the club in the last 2 years specifically.

Please tell me.

But don't just say "he puts his money in" because every football league chairman does and the last time I checked we weren't exactly blowing money left right and centre. We were paying peanuts for monkeys.

But I'm prepared to be convinced if you can prove to me otherwise.

It's just think it's the state of football clubs in the lower leagues now it's not just the Vale the premier league has too much money and it doesn't get filtered down unless we get a billionaire to finance the club we have to have people like smurf who is trying his best sometimes right sometimes wrong a lot of the attendances are down to finances

We can't have a positive thread on here or the Facebook page with the 'Holier than though' brigade highjacking it to have a 'pop at Norman' who basically is only 4 yrs old when it comes to running a football club, HIS FOOTBALL CLUB!! He bought it, paid for it and quite frankly is going to run it his way!

I would love to see these people attempt to do the same how do you know what goes on behind the scenes in trying to run a football club! Nobody has said its easy otherwise we would be top of the league!

His bezzy mate The Chairman of Burton has been at it for nigh on 35 years and know for a fact he has loads of conversations and advice from that man, He's a guy who knows how to run a football club but having said that he finds himself struggling in the Championship

He is after all trying to run a football club on the income that comes in if we are struggling on the pitch like we have been doing this 2 yrs then of course the crowds are going to go down!!

Revenue must be brought in from other avenues, The Club Shop has helped with increased turnover of the last 3 yrs which has its own problems in keeping up with stock,changing suppliers a seperate business entity altogether which i,m sure Andy and Norman are trying to address!

The Corporate side has increased turnover dramatically with Conferences, Speed Awareness Courses, Parties, Weddings, Tribute nights etc which speaking to Sharon the Manager there has increased threefold over the last couple of years so another avenue that we are getting extra revenue from which Norman must gain credit for!

Ok there are issues with Norman that we all don't like but I firmly believe he is on the right track and his heart is in the right place and is desperate to bring success to the club.

He could have just said to Browny 'sorry matey but the budget is spent you can't have any more players, we go with what we've got!' but he hasn't, he said that if the 'project' with Bruno doesn't work I will put it right at my own expense!!

Its spinning plates running a football club some should remember that!!

Well said John

Getting rid of our reserve goalkeeper and Martin Paterson is hardly putting it right. The squad is still chock full of poor foreign signings on long term deals, so a few unproven loans isn't going to change our fortunes.

Alright, chill out Brexitman

This forum is as bad as Normans comments when it comes to turning off possible fans as there is not 1 thread that is positive throughout. I do understand we all have opinions(Yes all of us not just a select few) but we she also be helping to positively promote all that is Port Vale, unfortunately that will never be the case with some of the posters on here(and quite a few of them don't even go the games....).

If we want to sell more season tickets, programs, pies etc etc etc then we need prospective fans to see the positive side and until that happens lets hope they do not come across this forum or the other facebook group....

P.s. I have also been a season ticket holder since 1985 so know all about glory days, dark days and this talk used to take place in the pub or the terraces but these days the Internet helps all sorts of negative naysayers/bullies etc to bring everybody down to their level.....please don't reply with drivel as I will not be listening :-)

I've never seen such a shambolic thread. Think I'll give OVF a miss for a while.

What will it take for people to wake up? Will it have to be 30 fans left at Vale Park, watching Smurf's Plan F (made up of Scandinavian OAPs) fail to grind out a draw, as Smurf bellows from his director's box "you're all racist", sacks the manager mid-game, and then takes to twitter to reprimand any criticism with the grammar of a 7 year old?

Amidst all of this, carpetman123 reminds us that it is "Smurf's club" and he can "do what he wants".

I've never seen such a shambolic thread. Think I'll give OVF a miss for a while.

What will it take for people to wake up? Will it have to be 30 fans left at Vale Park, watching Smurf's Plan F (made up of Scandinavian OAPs) fail to grind out a draw, as Smurf bellows from his director's box "you're all racist", sacks the manager mid-game, and then takes to twitter to reprimand any criticism with the grammar of a 7 year old?

Amidst all of this, carpetman123 reminds us that it is "Smurf's club" and he can "do what he wants".

I think you have a point to an extent. Carpetman can't help but brown nose Smurf at every opportunity and offers nothing by way of an objective view. It's actually more pointless than the moaning WUM's, at least they think for themselves, as opposed to the pro-Smurf autopilot

Some of those Scandinavian OAP's look quite useful on Youtube.

I think you have a point to an extent. Carpetman can't help but brown nose Smurf at every opportunity and offers nothing by way of an objective view. It's actually more pointless than the moaning WUM's, at least they think for themselves, as opposed to the pro-Smurf autopilot

I think for myself thank you very much and as this is a public forum free to post my own views as much as you difference being I don't be-little other peoples point of view and certainly don't brown nose anybody!!

If anybody's on Autopilot its the Smurfbashers highjacking every single positive thread to turn it round to suit their own agenda!!

I don't see a problem with folk expressing their own opinions on here as long as they don't resort to personal abuse.

If we all had the same views on everything it'd be completely uninteresting, mundane and boring and I think you'd very quickly find the numbers posting dropped off a lot.

What on earth is wrong with a vigorous debate?

There are optimists, pessimists, perennial moaners and whingers, the 'Smurf can do no wrong, happy clappers', fact, fiction, pie-in-the sky, complete rubbish, highly thoughtful and intelligent commentators all on here. But it's grist to the mill and we should take it all in our stride, with a pinch of salt.

At the end of the day, we are ALL Vale supporters in one way or another (except Beechy of course whose a Red! :wink:) and we all want the best for the Club.

I think for myself thank you very much and as this is a public forum free to post my own views as much as you difference being I don't be-little other peoples point of view and certainly don't brown nose anybody!!

If anybody's on Autopilot its the Smurfbashers highjacking every single positive thread to turn it round to suit their own agenda!!

You start off by saying you have your views and are free to post them... then moan about others posting theirs and having an agenda... whats your agenda?

You start off by saying you have your views and are free to post them... then moan about others posting theirs and having an agenda... whats your agenda?

Free to post my own views as much as you .get it right geo don't cut the sentence off to suit your reply

By all means pal, sit back and support the guy.

I don't. Never have. Never will. BUT will support Port Vale because they are my club.

The sooner this idiotic custodian of the club sells up (and there are buyers), the better.

In the meantime, I'm more than willing to listen to anyone who wants to tell me what good he has done to the club in the last 2 years specifically.

Please tell me.

But don't just say "he puts his money in" because every football league chairman does and the last time I checked we weren't exactly blowing money left right and centre. We were paying peanuts for monkeys.

But I'm prepared to be convinced if you can prove to me otherwise.

Seems to me to be a contradiction in there ! What if he doesnt sell the club and carries on spending his money for twenty years ? If you will NEVER support him how are you going to support the VALE as you say they are your club ?

Archived