onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ive been critical but.....

Mario

Some of our supporters couldn't unite in a brothel,i didn't realise that we have so many professional mourners. Give mr Brown a chance to make his mark,i couldn't stand Pages negativity and guessed right that the club would be on a downward spiral under Bruno when we started the season without a recognised full back which led to an unbalanced side.Michael Brown knows where the deficiencies in the side are and he's doing his best to remedy them whilst at the same time improving the players fitness,at least he's giving it a go,pity the desponds can't or don't want to see that.

Advert

If we define what is normal/expected then it becomes easier to offer praise for things done above the upper limit of what is expected and what is below the lower limit will draw criticism... the hard part is defining what is expected/normal.

Signing players is what most people would expect... the players performance in the team can push that into praise or criticism... etc etc etc

It seems normal to me to expect a business to be run efficiently and effectively and part of that includes presenting the "brand" to its customer base in a beneficial light [PR?]. To employ effective people to do the jobs needed to maximise the potential and utilise the available means to do so.

To me a good business would exceed the benchmark above.

Smurf's Summer revolution hasn't delivered success but nor has it failed. He has ended the project because the football case was no longer viable but we are not much worse off if any than say sticking with last season's players and manager. I disagree that the foreign signings are substantially bad, I think half are good League 1 standard and some may improve with opportunity and settling in. Brown will know which ones are not going to make it. I think our strike force could soon look a lot better with options, so hopefully time to look up and not down. I am also pleased Brown is keen on fitness issues.

Ha ha.

To put it bluntly, no, I'm not whiter than white. None of us are. But it's not about me. It's about Port Vale Football Club. A club I have supported since 1985. And a club that, in its current situation, cannot afford to keep making mistakes.

The current chairman has made enough already. That's why fans are leaving in their droves.

I'm just very concerned that my club will no longer exist in five years time because of the idiot in charge of it.

Get personal if you want, I have no hard feelings to any supporter of our club, but I can see his failings. His huge failings, that are putting our clubs future in jeopardy.

I'm sorry you can't see it.

ST fans are leaving because of a number of reasons not just smurf .I don't really think the club has gotten over the past regime well the club has. its some fans that haven't. also money dictates family's come first. football was invented by the poor and stolen by the rich work stops fans. when fans were boycotting they found other things to do. yes he talks rubbish at times but I truly believe he will come good he may be an idiot but he's our idiot

ST fans are leaving because of a number of reasons not just smurf .I don't really think the club has gotten over the past regime well the club has. its some fans that haven't. also money dictates family's come first. football was invented by the poor and stolen by the rich work stops fans. when fans were boycotting they found other things to do. yes he talks rubbish at times but I truly believe he will come good he may be an idiot but he's our idiot

"He may be an idiot. But he's our idiot"

The owner of our 141 year old football club.

Accept it by all means mate. I won't.

Let's not forget that we were averaging almost 6000 under his regime. It's too far gone to blame Bratt and co. The last 18 months have been dire under Norman's reign.

"Yes, he talks rubbish at times but I truly believe he will come good".......

Please state why Nick.

Pure optimism?

Is that what you want me to cling to?

My opinions are purely based on what the man has done for the football club so far.

Lowest attendances since the 80s.

Separated the ground from the business (had Bratt and co done that they would have been ran out of town)

Has no clue on the football side of things but continues to put his tuppence worth in.

Slags off his own supporters.

Tells us all Bruno Ribeiro will be the next big thing. Sell out the stadium. Sell loads of players for millions in the transfer window.

And I could go on!

Seriously Nick, I'm stating facts. Facts that have happened and concerns that will more than likely happen.

By all means pal, sit back and support the guy.

I don't. Never have. Never will. BUT will support Port Vale because they are my club.

The sooner this idiotic custodian of the club sells up (and there are buyers), the better.

In the meantime, I'm more than willing to listen to anyone who wants to tell me what good he has done to the club in the last 2 years specifically.

Please tell me.

But don't just say "he puts his money in" because every football league chairman does and the last time I checked we weren't exactly blowing money left right and centre. We were paying peanuts for monkeys.

But I'm prepared to be convinced if you can prove to me otherwise.

Let's not forget that we were averaging almost 6000 under his regime. It's too far gone to blame Bratt and co. The last 18 months have been dire under Norman's reign.

Please state why Nick.

Pure optimism?

My opinions are purely based on what the man has done for the football club so far.

Separated the ground from the business (had Bratt and co done that they would have been ran out of town)

Has no clue on the football side of things but continues to put his tuppence worth in.

Tells us all Bruno Ribeiro will be the next big thing. Sell out the stadium. Sell loads of players for millions in the transfer window.

And I could go on!

Seriously Nick, I'm stating facts. Facts that have happened and concerns that will more than likely happen.

I don't. Never have. Never will. BUT will support Port Vale because they are my club.

The sooner this idiotic custodian of the club sells up (and there are buyers), the better.

In the meantime, I'm more than willing to listen to anyone who wants to tell me what good he has done to the club in the last 2 years specifically.

Please tell me.

But don't just say "he puts his money in" because every football league chairman does and the last time I checked we weren't exactly blowing money left right and centre. We were paying peanuts for monkeys.

What good he as done

In proved the flood lights ☺

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Please state why Nick.

Pure optimism?

And I could go on!

Please tell me.

Your vendetta is getting a bit boring now mate. It's clear that you absolutely love Port Vale football club but this Friday is the first time in months I'm actually looking forward to a game and wanted to see some shared enthusiasm on a positive thread - but you're here again taking shots at the chairman.

Sorry, you're posts are always well written and considered but please , let's all just look forward to Friday and see what it brings.

Your vendetta is getting a bit boring now mate. It's clear that you absolutely love Port Vale football club but this Friday is the first time in months I'm actually looking forward to a game and wanted to see some shared enthusiasm on a positive thread - but you're here again taking shots at the chairman.

Sorry, you're posts are always well written and considered but please , let's all just look forward to Friday and see what it brings.

:doh::doh::doh:

Getting rid of our reserve goalkeeper and Martin Paterson is hardly putting it right. The squad is still chock full of poor foreign signings on long term deals, so a few unproven loans isn't going to change our fortunes.

That's the spirit, we need to be negative otherwise we wouldn't be vale fans.

Let's moan about the fact we have to play on a Friday too instead of a Saturday.

If you could just explain how the squad is full of poor foreign signings , as I can't actually think of them many poor foreign players other than tavares. We seem to start around 8/9 British players week in week out.

Still why let fact get in the way of a good moan. Ps it's raining outside.

Please state why Nick.

Pure optimism?

And I could go on!

Please tell me.

Do you prop up our side by putting a million a year in......no, you don't have to support him but to say we would better without him, you should go and have a word with yourself in the mirror. We would be a Shopping Centre and ground sharing with stoke. Don't know if you have noticed but there's not many millionaires queueing up to buy us.

Plus the reason we had 6k fans was because we were getting promoted because of smurfs money.......

Some more facts for you.

We can't have a positive thread on here or the Facebook page with the 'Holier than though' brigade highjacking it to have a 'pop at Norman' who basically is only 4 yrs old when it comes to running a football club, HIS FOOTBALL CLUB!! He bought it, paid for it and quite frankly is going to run it his way!

I would love to see these people attempt to do the same how do you know what goes on behind the scenes in trying to run a football club! Nobody has said its easy otherwise we would be top of the league!

His bezzy mate The Chairman of Burton has been at it for nigh on 35 years and know for a fact he has loads of conversations and advice from that man, He's a guy who knows how to run a football club but having said that he finds himself struggling in the Championship

He is after all trying to run a football club on the income that comes in if we are struggling on the pitch like we have been doing this 2 yrs then of course the crowds are going to go down!!

Revenue must be brought in from other avenues, The Club Shop has helped with increased turnover of the last 3 yrs which has its own problems in keeping up with stock,changing suppliers a seperate business entity altogether which i,m sure Andy and Norman are trying to address!

The Corporate side has increased turnover dramatically with Conferences, Speed Awareness Courses, Parties, Weddings, Tribute nights etc which speaking to Sharon the Manager there has increased threefold over the last couple of years so another avenue that we are getting extra revenue from which Norman must gain credit for!

Ok there are issues with Norman that we all don't like but I firmly believe he is on the right track and his heart is in the right place and is desperate to bring success to the club.

He could have just said to Browny 'sorry matey but the budget is spent you can't have any more players, we go with what we've got!' but he hasn't, he said that if the 'project' with Bruno doesn't work I will put it right at my own expense!!

Its spinning plates running a football club some should remember that!!

HIS FOOTBALL CLUB!! He bought it, paid for it and quite frankly is going to run it his way!

I will put it right at my own expense!!

Who else would you suggests puts it right?

I dont care where his heart is but I sometimes wonder where his business sense is

Its not about smurf. Its about the club. Smurf isnt the club. The fact that you firmly believe he is on the right track doesnt fill me with confidence, especially when its obvious to a blind man he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again... but it is his money that purchased vale so he can, within reason, do as he pleases... but people dont have to like it, keep quiet about it or pretend it isnt happening.

Archived