onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

Advert

I can't see Taylor at left back. He's right footed isn't he?

Looks like Boot in goal.

Then it's a question of who partners Smith. Either we bring in Mac-Intosch and leave Knops at left back, or move Knops and play someone like Kiko. I think I'd be tempted to keep the changes to a minimum, especially if the keeper is new.

In midfield I'd rather Eagles started and was replaced after an hour. He's got to offer more creativity than the other midfield players.

Thomas back on the left wing.

Then the next question is who plays centrally? Grant, Taylor, De Freitas, Guy? Those 4 seem to be in pole position but which two will Brown pick, bearing in mind that he has the option of subs in the second half? I would guess it's one from Grant/Taylor and one from De Freitas/Guy. I don't know which way he'll go. Possibly the former - introducing the young lad Guy for the last half hour.

Up front, finally. I would think that JJ would start. I'd partner him with F but if he isn't 100% then bring on Reg after half time. I don't mind that. Maybe Turner will also figure on the bench.

It'll be interesting to see which way Brown goes. Maybe we shouldn't expect too much with so many changes but the overall look of the squad looks a bit better than we've had to date.

Pitch inspection tomorrow morning, 9am.

Only just seen that. It isn't hopeful then. It'll still be frozen at that time, yet if the forecast is correct for 4 degrees and sunshine later it might look a bit premature. Surely the covers can protect the pitch. It hasn't been that cold and 90% of the snow from last night has now gone.

I suppose the problem as always is in the shadow of the Railway Stand.

Only just seen that. It isn't hopeful then. It'll still be frozen at that time, yet if the forecast is correct for 4 degrees and sunshine later it might look a bit premature. Surely the covers can protect the pitch. It hasn't been that cold and 90% of the snow from last night has now gone.

I suppose the problem as always is in the shadow of the Railway Stand.

Probably done for the benefit of the away fans?

Looks like Boot in goal.

Then it's a question of who partners Smith. Either we bring in Mac-Intosch and leave Knops at left back, or move Knops and play someone like Kiko. I think I'd be tempted to keep the changes to a minimum, especially if the keeper is new.

In midfield I'd rather Eagles started and was replaced after an hour. He's got to offer more creativity than the other midfield players.

Then the next question is who plays centrally? Grant, Taylor, De Freitas, Guy? Those 4 seem to be in pole position but which two will Brown pick, bearing in mind that he has the option of subs in the second half? I would guess it's one from Grant/Taylor and one from De Freitas/Guy. I don't know which way he'll go. Possibly the former - introducing the young lad Guy for the last half hour.

Up front, finally. I would think that JJ would start. I'd partner him with F but if he isn't 100% then bring on Reg after half time. I don't mind that. Maybe Turner will also figure on the bench.

It'll be interesting to see which way Brown goes. Maybe we shouldn't expect too much with so many changes but the overall look of the squad looks a bit better than we've had to date.

It's quite like that team

Looks like Boot in goal.

Christ, it sounds like Steptoe and Son. What a complete shambles.

Where are all these "contacts" of Brown?

Obviously there will be many people better placed than me to comment, but driving through Burslem about 9 o clock last night was treacherous with the snow and ice. I will be surprised if the game goes ahead, it is still very cold out and forecast isn't great tonight.

According to the Weather Channel, it will be -1C tonight with a wind chill factor making it feel like -2C. Tomorrow at 9.00am, it's forecast to be 3C with a 40% chance of rain, though the pitch won't have had much chance of warming up unless it's very well protected. Touch and go in my view.

According to the Weather Channel, it will be -1C tonight with a wind chill factor making it feel like -2C. Tomorrow at 9.00am, it's forecast to be 3C with a 40% chance of rain, though the pitch won't have had much chance of warming up unless it's very well protected. Touch and go in my view.

But we have frost cover's don't we,effective down to -3c.

I'd go (depending on the fitness of Alwnick:

..................Boot..................

Purkiss.....Smith.....Knops........Taylor

Eages.......Grant.....De Freitas.....Thomas

.............Hooper....Forrester..........

(Pickering, Kiko, Mac-Intosch, Guy, Amoros, Shalaj, Cecilia)

Then take off Forrester when necessary. However Kelly will probably play.

Same team id play if the games on.

Archived