onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Big Reg

valefan16

Surprised he hasn't got his own thread after last night but a good little article on BBC website about our fast growing love in for 'Big Reg' http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38082435

Got to say hes vastly started to improve each time I've seen him and let's be honest he changed the Gills, Fleetwood and Oldham games when coming on!

Could he grow to become a decent striker for us (seems decent when has the support?)

Advert

He was clearly suffering through his search for his first goal over here. You can imagine the relief he felt when that goal finally arrived.

He has a really awkward and somewhat effective style and defenders would much rather come up against Patersen than him. His next task is to take his opportunity when he's given a start from the off, which will hopefully be on Saturday.

He was clearly suffering through his search for his first goal over here. You can imagine the relief he felt when that goal finally arrived.

He has a really awkward and somewhat effective style and defenders would much rather come up against Patersen than him. His next task is to take his opportunity when he's given a start from the off, which will hopefully be on Saturday.

Your usually better than praising one player by slagging off another. This is a thread about Reg, no need

Let's not get carried away here he scored a goal last night against a terrible team and all of a sudden he's a Vale legend?? From what I've seen he's awful particularly in the air given he's about 6 and half foot but let's calm down abit, it shows how bad things are when we all but want a statue built of a player cus he comes off the bench and scores a goal, impressive 3rd of the season of season too I bet Man City checking the bank see if they afford him.

Awkward, nuisaance value, 3 goals in 17 apps all dropped right in front of him in/around the 6 yard area and he couldn't have missed. Hopeless with his head, cant't hold the ball up, doesn't put himself about, Conference player at best.

To think that some Vale fans criticised Tom Pope and now we're stuck with this guy. Talk on Tuesday of him being a cult figure, only because he's so wanting at this level.

Let's not get carried away here he scored a goal last night against a terrible team and all of a sudden he's a Vale legend?? From what I've seen he's awful particularly in the air given he's about 6 and half foot but let's calm down abit, it shows how bad things are when we all but want a statue built of a player cus he comes off the bench and scores a goal, impressive 3rd of the season of season too I bet Man City checking the bank see if they afford him.

We had another 6ft forward .... Lets call him Exodus for arguments sake .... He couldn't run, jump, kick a ball in a specific direction and never improved one jot from the moment he walked into the club to the moment he left blaming all his woes on everything except his complete inept ability and attitude. Now comparing that to Reggie .. When I first saw him I though " Jesus Christ - another exodus" he couldn't do anything right ! But he has got better in every game - Ok he is not the final product but at least he tries and makes use of his frame. Last night he headed the ball to a team mate, and chested it down to a team mate, and begger me if he didn't hold the ball up and then pass it to a team mate. Vale fans will ALWAYS be on the side of a TRIER even if he isnt the best in the world . Reggie is doing ok now he seems to have settled, and the more that Vale Fans get behind him the more he will try - We can't make him into a new messi but with encouragement we can help him to believe in himself more. Were Vale fans a bit OTT with Shouting his name - Maybe a bit but the Chant of "Reggie, Reggie" galvanised the Vale fans into a common cause which nothing else had last night. If you closed your eyes when it was going on, and wished a bit, you could almost, almost, hear "Rudgie, Rudgie" and echoes of a time when the world was good to us. If Reg can become a focus for Vale fans then I for one say let it happen, and build a team around him and Alex

There a bit of the Akpo about him in that he marauds around the pitch making an absolute menace of himself. He's definitely one of the few highlights at the moment, for entertainment value if nothing else.

We said exactly the same last night in relation to Sodje, it's all about his unpredictability and desire and at times he creates mayhem and in doing so gives defences something to think about.

Not sure about him starting as he has clear and real value as an impact sub but a strike force involving him and Jones certainly would have people on the edge of their seats and smiling and that's what it's all about surely?

We had another 6ft forward .... Lets call him Exodus for arguments sake .... He couldn't run, jump, kick a ball in a specific direction and never improved one jot from the moment he walked into the club to the moment he left blaming all his woes on everything except his complete inept ability and attitude. Now comparing that to Reggie .. When I first saw him I though " Jesus Christ - another exodus" he couldn't do anything right ! But he has got better in every game - Ok he is not the final product but at least he tries and makes use of his frame. Last night he headed the ball to a team mate, and chested it down to a team mate, and begger me if he didn't hold the ball up and then pass it to a team mate. Vale fans will ALWAYS be on the side of a TRIER even if he isnt the best in the world . Reggie is doing ok now he seems to have settled, and the more that Vale Fans get behind him the more he will try - We can't make him into a new messi but with encouragement we can help him to believe in himself more. Were Vale fans a bit OTT with Shouting his name - Maybe a bit but the Chant of "Reggie, Reggie" galvanised the Vale fans into a common cause which nothing else had last night. If you closed your eyes when it was going on, and wished a bit, you could almost, almost, hear "Rudgie, Rudgie" and echoes of a time when the world was good to us. If Reg can become a focus for Vale fans then I for one say let it happen, and build a team around him and Alex

Exodus? He was a centre half or deep lying midfielder.

You clearly didn't attend last night, he completely changed the game.

Certain bigger players are often better on the floor than in the air (Crouch for example), that's the case with Reg.

Archived