onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Sheffield United v Port Vale

panhead

We got absolutely twunted today by a side who barely had to get out of second gear. We left pockets of space everywhere for them to exploit, we need to be far more compact away from home.

Everything was wrong today in terms of tactics, formation and individual performances. We offered next to nothing.

Advert

Always going to be a difficult game, one to forget.

Vale have had the run of the ball this season and it isn't going to always happen. The question for me is who is Bruno going to bring in to change thangs as certainly most of the overseas players are simply not good enough and most have only been bit players this season for the same very simple reason that they are not good enough for Lge 1.

They are good enough! How can you say they're not? We're doing much better than previous seasons.

I'd say:

Knopps is a huge upgrade on dicko.

As is kiko when he's fit.

Tavares is an upgrade on O'Connor who was already decent.

Amaros is awesome and will be a great player given time. As is pereira just needs time.

It's far far too early for you to say their simply not good enough when we've signed many young players who are still adapting!!!! One defeat and all hell breaks loose.

I think weve got the 6th worse defensive record in the division. And folk were saying this is our best defence for years..yeh right.

Wheels coming off big time now.!!......Plan B asap....lol.

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

If you go the games and actually watch the defence then yeah it's the best for a while! Streete, smith and knopps are brilliant.

Yeah wheels coming off after one defeat to a top side :L back to the sjoke forum you clown.

Just got back from the game and felt we could have got something out of it if Grant had taken his chance at nil nil. Poor marking on the first and second goal. Paterson is not the answer upfront and neither Jones nor Hart are wide men. Jones needs to be played down the middle. Best Vale player by a long chalk was Amoros. I am still optimistic and believe we can pick up 4 points from the next two home games to get back into the playoff frame. I would have bitten your hand off for 3 points from these two away games. We've got those three points. Onwards and upwards. Roll on Tuesday.

We should of lost 4 last week tbf at MK so todays result doesnt surprise me one bit.

They were brilliant at mk! Stop bull ********. Your obviously one of those that only posts when we lose on what planet should we have lost by 4 at my?!?!? They had what? Two good chances one being from a free kick.

Just got back from the game and felt we could have got something out of it if Grant had taken his chance at nil nil. Poor marking on the first and second goal. Paterson is not the answer upfront and neither Jones nor Hart are wide men. Jones needs to be played down the middle. Best Vale player by a long chalk was Amoros. I am still optimistic and believe we can pick up 4 points from the next two home games to get back into the playoff frame. I would have bitten your hand off for 3 points from these two away games. We've got those three points. Onwards and upwards. Roll on Tuesday.

Exactly. I would have snapped anyone's hand off at 3 points from these two games

If you go the games and actually watch the defence then yeah it's the best for a while! Streete, smith and knopps are brilliant.

Yeah wheels coming off after one defeat to a top side :L back to the sjoke forum you clown.

Well 6th worse defence so no its not the best defence weve had in a while. We only conceded 14 goals after 13 games last season. So open your eyes.

They are good enough! How can you say they're not? We're doing much better than previous seasons.

I'd say:

Knopps is a huge upgrade on dicko.

As is kiko when he's fit.

Tavares is an upgrade on O'Connor who was already decent.

Amaros is awesome and will be a great player given time. As is pereira just needs time.

It's far far too early for you to say their simply not good enough when we've signed many young players who are still adapting!!!! One defeat and all hell breaks loose.

593, please read what I wrote and note the word "most". Most haven't been regulat starters over players who were already at Vale last season, ask yourself why. I disagree with Knops vs Dicko, when will Kiko be fit to start and how can you say that when he's had limited playing time at this level. If Amaros was awesome he'd be a regular starter, he isn't, same for Pereira.

It is early and some are young and may improve, let's hope they do, but Lge 1 is real for these players and it is now. For me it isn't "One defeat and all hell....", I've been consistent in my view and have been pleasantly surprised at the start Vale have made, 51 points is alweays the first goal, just my opinion.

Our first 11 when everyone fit is decent, but outside of that we're awful. We have no wingers of decent ability whatsoever - I don't eve class Thomas as a winger, certainly not an out and out one. We literally have no goals in midfield either.

I dread to think where we would be without Jones.

Archived