onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Sheffield United v Port Vale

panhead

Advert

Embarrassing. Our players buckled under the pressure of playing in front of a big crowd. Performance wise that was as bad as anything I saw under the likes of Glover, Adams or Page. It really could have been 8 or 9. Absolutely abysmal, the players and manager should come out this evening and apologise for that! Absolute bunch of cowards.

On hols in Fuerteventura, watched the MK dons game in pub on sky, boy werent we lucky. Honest opinion we mugged them having played badly. Todays result no shock , scoreline suggests we played badly again and this time got found out. Dont look like scoring goals, not enough shots on goal. To score you need to attack and Alan Shearer in his prime playing upfront for us would not score how we are currently playing and we only have Patto. Havent seen the stats or the match but we need more than one or two shots on target to win a game , our strikers arent that good.

Always going to be a difficult game, one to forget.

Vale have had the run of the ball this season and it isn't going to always happen. The question for me is who is Bruno going to bring in to change thangs as certainly most of the overseas players are simply not good enough and most have only been bit players this season for the same very simple reason that they are not good enough for Lge 1.

Christ. Really bad today BUT still in a good position in the league and must take some points from next few games. Thought we missed both Tavares and Thomas today. They add experience in the middle that we miss. worst I've seen so far.
Just wondering were they not risked and saved for Tuesday ?

Vale have had the run of the ball this season and it isn't going to always happen. The question for me is who is Bruno going to bring in to change thangs as certainly most of the overseas players are simply not good enough and most have only been bit players this season for the same very simple reason that they are not good enough for Lge 1.

Be interesting to see what happens in the January transfers?

The worst thing what could have happened is after the Mk Dons game we thought collectively it was a good performance ,it wasnt .

Today we have set up the same again and lost disgracefully by the look of the scoreline .

721 away supporters and u subject them to that ,terrible .

This club will never go anywhere ,midtable at best

That was the most embarrassingly-one sided game since the 6-0 FA Cup drubbing at Villa Park. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome, then Bruno has well and truly lost the plot. 4-3-3 away with the current players JUST..... DOESNT.......WORK! We got lucky last week because MKD had no cutting edge but that was never going work today.

Where to start; again, no presence or hold up play up front meaning the ball was constantly in their possession and they could afford to press us deep knowing we had no-one to get in behind them; Patterson is frankly useless and Jones may as well be on the bench as stuck out wide; too much sideways passing and slow in possession, again because we have no outlet; trying to play out from the back creating our own problems. I could go on....

People say Page had no plan 'B' but aside from Gills at home I'm struggling to think of positive tactical change that has influenced a game. I can cope with losing, but at least have a go.

Today we literally rolled over and let them tickle our bellies....

A capitulation, no more no less.

Archived