onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Port Vale v Gillingham

robf

Advert

It is more than just the football. It is a CLUB which everyone should feel apart of. What you have to understand is that the Chairman has alienated a lot of fans with his penchant for ridiculous statements. The team is performing better that a lot of fans predicted before a ball was kicked. I have seen three of our games (all away) and have been impressed for the most part on what Bruno is trying to do. However for the club to improve in the long run it needs a bigger fan base and greater home support. If fans feel disenfranchised, as they do at the moment then they will continue to stay away. When you look at the attendances we have had so far then you must see that I am not alone in my lack of home support because of the Chairman's ramblings.

But instead of being the bigger man you are staying away from homes games and putting money into the pockets of our rivals?

There are a lot of us "dyed in the wool" Vale fans who are not so forgiving of the Chairman's ramblings and lies. He could go a long way to get some fans back on side by growing up and stop his spat with Sentinel along with an apology for saying Vale fans were thugs and racists.

but you no yourself your not a thug and a racist, so why let it bother you? :blink:

i couldnt care less about the sentinel, they dont help get results, get over it....

It is more than just the football. It is a CLUB which everyone should feel apart of. What you have to understand is that the Chairman has alienated a lot of fans with his penchant for ridiculous statements. The team is performing better that a lot of fans predicted before a ball was kicked. I have seen three of our games (all away) and have been impressed for the most part on what Bruno is trying to do. However for the club to improve in the long run it needs a bigger fan base and greater home support. If fans feel disenfranchised, as they do at the moment then they will continue to stay away. When you look at the attendances we have had so far then you must see that I am not alone in my lack of home support because of the Chairman's ramblings.

Think only a handful are staying away because of smurf, our gates are about right at moment considering the opposition we have been playing, always looked at the Coventry game as the first one to be over 5000 ,that will happen I am sure but Coventry with there current form won't travel in great numbers we all hoped for

I pay to go and see the team anything else is a sideshow. If everyone took your approach, we'd have no club and you'd have no away days!

Sorry but this just sounds like playground attitudes. Are the stay aways such as yourself so precious that a chairman's rant gets under your skin. Get over it! There is no excuse now aside from those that simply cannot afford it not to go to Vale. Those that don't due to feeling disenfranchised are talking bull***.

We didn't fair to well as a shared interest, and if you look back has done best under sole ownership.

Now is the time to put stupid pathetic attitudes aside and get and support the team at home. I feel we are about to witness a cracking season so lets get behind them and cheer them on all the way.

If its a case of Smurf goes or the Stayaways keep staying away then I for one say "thank you stay aways" we are doing better without you. We are doing better under Smurf and even though he has made mistakes the ADULT Vale fans are big enough to see that he gets more things right than he gets wrong. He's a bit in the Billy Bell mold and the "stay aways" remind me of the mard arses at school. If We keep progressing like we are then the paying public will come back, its all about results

Anyone not attending home games because of what the Chairman has said are just cutting off their nose to spite their face imo and are really losing out. I decided long ago to pretty much ignore what he says and to not get involved in any off field politics.

Thought it was an interesting game yesterday and even though we weren't at it first half I still felt we are capable of turning things around but it could have gone either way, it was a big turning point when Smith cleared off the line first half but once we equalised there was only going be one winner. Great substitutions and change of tactics from Bruno again to turn the game.

Really I think Amoros gives us a better balance and has played well when required.

Think he's looked great as well. Tavares for me just has a great touch and plays some great passes, I can see him being extremely key as the season goes on. Amaros as you say has been great when required. De Freitas and perraira also look great players.

Gills set there stall out, stop us playing our football and slowing game down by keep giving away petty fouls, the goal they scored as I've said before was well worked training ground move, and the one smithy cleared of the line. As was the one that Streete hit post. Never really had shot on target in first half, but as others have said Bruno and coaching staff have the ability and player to change things around and a great result and some really good football, long may it continue , together we can achieve our dreams, support the team the best way you can at Vale Park on match days if the budget allows, keep the faith.

If its a case of Smurf goes or the Stayaways keep staying away then I for one say "thank you stay aways" we are doing better without you. We are doing better under Smurf and even though he has made mistakes the ADULT Vale fans are big enough to see that he gets more things right than he gets wrong. He's a bit in the Billy Bell mold and the "stay aways" remind me of the mard arses at school. If We keep progressing like we are then the paying public will come back, its all about results

What he said.

I'm amazed that grown adults base their decision on attending a football match based on the fact that a naughty ickle chairman said some nasty words. Diddums. Get over yourself, one man owns the club now and it's probably the underlying bitterness that you feel because you no longer have a say about anything.

Football is a club, but it's a FOOTBALL CLUB, the important word is football and ultimately isn't that what our club and its owner be judged on.

If you want to miss out then that's fine but I'd rather be a part of the ride.

There are a lot of us "dyed in the wool" Vale fans who are not so forgiving of the Chairman's ramblings and lies. He could go a long way to get some fans back on side by growing up and stop his spat with Sentinel along with an apology for saying Vale fans were thugs and racists.

It's think you'll find he meant vale had an element of thugs and some fans with racist tendencies I love the Vale and would defend them unequivocally but if you've never heard some so called fans being racist or thugs then you've never been a football match recently I've not heard anything maybe because it was brought to light maybe not maybe we've moved on maybe you should

There is a thuggish and racist element within our support base as, sadly, there is at the majority of football clubs. Smurf was right to flag it up but could have chosen his words more carefully. I support the club first and foremost. Players and chairmen will come and go but it is paramount that the Club is still there to be enjoyed by future generations. That support partially means financial support. Paying into the coffers of other clubs to the detriment of your club is ludicrous. Based upon some of the Chairmen Vale have had over the 56 years I've been on this earth I would probably have missed 60% of our home games on the premise adopted in respect of Smurf. He's made mistakes and he will continue to make mistakes as we all do. At the moment I believe he's got the best intentions for maintaining the Vale legacy.

My first live game of the season. I'm going for a 2-1 win but I'm more interested in seeing Vale play and all the new players.

Wish I'd put some money on it!

Had a nightmare on Saturday. Usually I would be on the road at 9am but had an appointment. So set off at half 10. Still loads of time you would have thought.

Sat on the M25 for half an hour not moving. M40 fooked. M1 fooked. Sat Nav said go via Oxford ... all options meant an arrival after kick off.

PITA.

I won't spend a Saturday in queuing traffic for anyone. Went home. Bought the dog a birthday present and went for a 10k run.

Still at least the result went right. So first game will now be the 1st October home match. Can everyone just stay off the M25, M40, M42 and M6 for me. Thanks.

Archived