onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slovakia v England

For Us All

Rooney has to play a free role to get the best from him.He's the Gazza of today,only he scores more goals.Figures and stats don't lie.One of the England greats.

Not fit to lace Gazza's boots.

Figures and stats don't lie? So Rooney is a better England player than Bobby Moore cos he has scored more goals for England? I reckon Nobby Styles was a better player than Rooney cos he won a World Cup...stats don't lie after all.

Advert

Not fit to lace Gazza's boots.

Figures and stats don't lie? So Rooney is a better England player than Bobby Moore cos he has scored more goals for England? I reckon Nobby Styles was a better player than Rooney cos he won a World Cup...stats don't lie after all.

ONE of the greats and TODAY's Gazza.Nobby was a midfield destroyer, no more.

Not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Gazza as far as I am concerned.

But Nobby won the world cup so if stats never lie that makes him a better play then Rooney surely?

Look at the stats:

World cups wins

Nobby 1

Rooney 0

But then Bobby Moore must be worse than Rooney..look at the stats

England goals

Bobby 2

Rooney 53

Stats never lie after all ;) My point is that whether he is an England great or not is entirely subjective, stats rarely tell the whole story

For me the only England greats are players from the 66 team..and not all of them. They proved their greatness against the best at the highest level.

Not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Gazza as far as I am concerned.

But Nobby won the world cup so if stats never lie that makes him a better play then Rooney surely?

Look at the stats:

World cups wins

Nobby 1

Rooney 0

But then Bobby Moore must be worse than Rooney..look at the stats

England goals

Bobby 2

Rooney 53

Stats never lie after all ;) My point is that whether he is an England great or not is entirely subjective, stats rarely tell the whole story

For me the only England greats are players from the 66 team..and not all of them. They proved their greatness against the best at the highest level.

The comparison with Gazza was style of play.Kid in the school yard,give me the ball type.Bobby Moore was England's best ever defender.Wayne is not a defender ,except when Henderson plays,so not really a comparison.Nobby was a limited footballer who did a job.England's highest cap winner and leading scorer suggests he ain't too bad.Who could he be replaced with JA?

The comparison with Gazza was style of play.Kid in the school yard,give me the ball type.Bobby Moore was England's best ever defender.Wayne is not a defender ,except when Henderson plays,so not really a comparison.

Which is why stats don't tell the whole story..no one can say he's the best or one of the best just cos he is the top scorer. He's not fit to lace Bobby Moore's boots as far as I am concerned.

England's highest cap winner and leading scorer suggests he ain't too bad.Who could he be replaced with JA?

He clearly isn't too bad..just nowhere near the best

Replace him?Now that's a good question!!! You could replace him with just about any player as he's trying to do everything!! Personally I'd have Barkley in at "no 10"...deserves the chance to prove himself

Rooney shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as gazza. Gazza was outstanding , rooneys toss .

Bothe Gazza and Rooney were/are outstanding footballers. Gazza was brilliant in the 1990 WC but he wasn't the same player after his bad injury in the Cup Final, Rooney was outstanding in the 2004 Euros and there was a good chance England would have won that tourney if Rooney had remained fit.

You do realise that was 12/13 years ago? He's been woeful in comparison in the tournaments since then.

Of course I do, just pointing it out as many Rooney "haters" have selective amnesia. I can't remember every game in every tournament to make a statement like that and neither can you.

He's basically lived off that tournament ever since as far as England is concerned...the proof is in the continuous reference to it and nothing since.

How many England managers have there been during and since that tournament and they all keep picking him and singing his praises, some people rate him highly.

Archived