onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker - contenders

robf

Advert

DECENT known british striker should have been the first signing made by Smurf , not unknown chancers . (JET brilliant on loan signing for Gills)Starting to get a bit over the top with all these signings, many of which will probably never play more than a couple of first team games for us. Wasting money i think.

Of course...I mean we should at the very least have 1. Even Barnet in league 2 have signed Jamal Campbell Rice and I note have added our old favourite Sam Togwell to their book.

Lets sign another 4 players. All unproven like 90% of our squad. All young lads. Then thats 4 more chances of making millions off of one of them.

Thats the plan. And its silly.

Norman has the impression, and he even quoted it on the radio, that in the next window some of the players will be sold for good money. Its naive to expect that and gambling the clubs future on making some money for his back pocket.

Its his club and hecan do what he wants but on the footballing side of things, signing players etc, the man hasnt the first idea.

Lets sign another 4 players. All unproven like 90% of our squad. All young lads. Then thats 4 more chances of making millions off of one of them.

Thats the plan. And its silly.

Norman has the impression, and he even quoted it on the radio, that in the next window some of the players will be sold for good money. Its naive to expect that and gambling the clubs future on making some money for his back pocket.

Its his club and hecan do what he wants but on the footballing side of things, signing players etc, the man hasnt the first idea.

Let's come on ovf and moan our bag's off!

Fighting spirit was missed in the Carlisle game?

Which was one of qualities Dickinson bought to the table but he was described as "Pants" by the resident OVF soccer pundits, he was let go for a guy who's not even fit but hey ho give 'em time. Farcical.

Which was one of qualities Dickinson bought to the table but he was described as "Pants" by the resident OVF soccer pundits, he was let go for a guy who's not even fit but hey ho give 'em time. Farcical.

Oh come on dickos fighting spirit was fist pumping to the crowd and pointing at the space he should be in shouting at another player. He wasn't a good player and is now at his level in league two.

Oh come on dicko was part of the defence that got battered at

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It's a tough one that but maybe it's cus he's the goalscorer we need?

simply LOL there's a reason a thirty eight year is plying his trade in league two.

oh i must add journeyman too.

hey while were at it we could also sign danny whitaker as he's got football league experience and even paul benson seen as he's always scored goals at this level.

Of course...I mean we should at the very least have 1. Even Barnet in league 2 have signed Jamal Campbell Rice and I note have added our old favourite Sam Togwell to their book.

Jamal Campbell-Ryce had a decent career, and had a fantastic record against us (Note - So did Byron Moore). There really is a reason why he's at Barnet now though. He's 33 and teams in our league have decided against signing him.

The need for a 'name' to somehow come in and save the day is not something I subscribe to. For a start I don't think we're in a position where we need saving (Overreaction to a poor Carlisle game. Every team has a bad game, especially ones that have had such a disjointed preseason as ours). I've seen Ryan Lowe's name banded about in the last few days. Utter madness. I'm sure he'll do a decent job for the trainspotters. The notion of him somehow improving our team is funny to me. He's nowhere near League One level and a couple of goals versus a weak Sheffield United team doesn't change that for me. When you pay for a name, you do exactly that, even when someone who isn't as well known could come in and do the same job for relatively smaller costs.

Of course it was obvious that there would be a massive reaction to our first two games. That's football nowadays, the social media aspect has completely changed things. Hopefully people can hold on for a little bit and wait for the team to gel. I saw good moments in the Bradford game and if we can see more of them and less of the individual mistakes we saw at Carlisle then we should be fine. I was sceptical about the approach we've taken, and still am. Moaning and calling it a disaster 180 minutes into the season (Not saying you have TJH) isn't going to change what we've done. This is what we have, and if we add to it then hopefully we will do it with someone of ability and experience, not just a name because they've done well against us in the past.

Archived