onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalscorer

RichG

Its not so much the fans asking to sign a proven goalscorer, my point is that the chairman should not be spouting off on twitter that we need a proven goalscorer, 5 days before kick off, having sanctioned 14 signings already!

This happened 12 months ago. Does he ever learn![/quote

But he's right?? We don't have a proven goal scorer.. Nothing wrong with what he said.

Advert

I'd like to see Cicilia started up front with Hooper or Forrester first. Cicilia hasn't really done much apart from hold the odd ball up & show some good footwork.

I reckon we've got to give these forwards a chance before throwing big money at anyone (which is very unlikely anyway).

I don't think you're going to get your wish. My bet is it's one up top Saturday in his 4-3-3 (4-5-1) formation.

What Spunkers said.

A decent experienced goalscorer will know his value in the market and he will command it. If we want one we will have to pay the going rate for him. It's not like finding a Ming vase for a fiver in a flea market on Bargain Hunt.

This is as true now as it was two years ago when Norman first started speculating about how easy it would be to replace Pope on a fraction of his wages.

Its not so much the fans asking to sign a proven goalscorer, my point is that the chairman should not be spouting off on twitter that we need a proven goalscorer, 5 days before kick off, having sanctioned 14 signings already!

This happened 12 months ago. Does he ever learn![/quote

But he's right?? We don't have a proven goal scorer.. Nothing wrong with what he said.

Forrester. Cecilia. Saleiro. Three strikers he sanctioned in signing.

If he doesnt think any of these lads can get us the goals we need then maybe he should have not signed two of them and used their combined wages to bring in a better calibre of striker!

There is nothing wrong with what he has said, moreso the timing of it because, yet again, six weeks ago we knew we had to get in a striker who can bang in the goals for us and by his comments the other day it now seems we havent.

He continues to buy "chancers" in the hope he gets big money from one or two of them. Thats not a model for my football club i particularly like.

He has gone on record saying we have a budget of around 2.5 million which is well up on last season.

With that kind of budget he promised quality over quantity but he has made the same mistake again and now says Bruno is looking to send players out on loan!

To have 4 strikers with little or no experience at league 1 level is massive pressure on them lads and very naive from the chairman who sanctions the transfers.

I hope he does bring in a bit of quality up front, but if he does he wants to shut his mouth about going over budget, ive put this much extra in, blah, blah, blah, because its his fault in purchasing a huge squad of overseas chancers.

What Spunkers said.

A decent experienced goalscorer will know his value in the market and he will command it. If we want one we will have to pay the going rate for him. It's not like finding a Ming vase for a fiver in a flea market on Bargain Hunt.

This is as true now as it was two years ago when Norman first started speculating about how easy it would be to replace Pope on a fraction of his wages.

Pope scored 12 in his last season with us ajay scored 11, we managed to replace popes goals there abouts.

Forrester. Cecilia. Saleiro. Three strikers he sanctioned in signing.

If he doesnt think any of these lads can get us the goals we need then maybe he should have not signed two of them and used their combined wages to bring in a better calibre of striker!

There is nothing wrong with what he has said, moreso the timing of it because, yet again, six weeks ago we knew we had to get in a striker who can bang in the goals for us and by his comments the other day it now seems we havent.

He continues to buy "chancers" in the hope he gets big money from one or two of them. Thats not a model for my football club i particularly like.

He has gone on record saying we have a budget of around 2.5 million which is well up on last season.

With that kind of budget he promised quality over quantity but he has made the same mistake again and now says Bruno is looking to send players out on loan!

To have 4 strikers with little or no experience at league 1 level is massive pressure on them lads and very naive from the chairman who sanctions the transfers.

I hope he does bring in a bit of quality up front, but if he does he wants to shut his mouth about going over budget, ive put this much extra in, blah, blah, blah, because its his fault in purchasing a huge squad of overseas chancers.

He hasn't said they aren't good enough, he is saying he thinks a proven player will add to the squad. Can't see anything wrong with this at all.

He hasn't said they aren't good enough, he is saying he thinks a proven player will add to the squad. Can't see anything wrong with this at all.

His quote was.....

"We still need a proven league goal scorer so the search goes on.We will get there that is my mission and we will play like SW this season"

That tells me he isnt sure the lads we have and who he signed can do the job.

However, on the 12th of July he wrote this.......

"No shortage of goal options this season.It has taken me a while to understand what is required & now that is taking shape.Going to be busy"

Amazing that in 18 days we have gone from having no shortage of goal options to needing someone to score goals.

Just one example of why i am petrified about his influence on the football side of things.

His quote was.....

"We still need a proven league goal scorer so the search goes on.We will get there that is my mission and we will play like SW this season"

That tells me he isnt sure the lads we have and who he signed can do the job.

However, on the 12th of July he wrote this.......

"No shortage of goal options this season.It has taken me a while to understand what is required & now that is taking shape.Going to be busy"

Amazing that in 18 days we have gone from having no shortage of goal options to needing someone to score goals.

Just one example of why i am petrified about his influence on the football side of things.

The second quote says nothing about the strikers though, he could easily mean the whole teams contribution. His tweet about still needing a proven goalscorer sounds to me like they have been trying to get somebody in but haven't found the right player yet. Perhaps I'm just a little less suspicious than others as I see no problem in what he is saying.

The second quote says nothing about the strikers though, he could easily mean the whole teams contribution. His tweet about still needing a proven goalscorer sounds to me like they have been trying to get somebody in but haven't found the right player yet. Perhaps I'm just a little less suspicious than others as I see no problem in what he is saying.

Fair enough.

Maybe we will get a better indication on RS tonight.

Pope scored 12 in his last season with us ajay scored 11, we managed to replace popes goals there abouts.
Don't compare Pope with Smith because yes Smith scored nearly as many goals but what else did he contribute? Pope on the other hand brought more to the table than Smith ever did. He often helped out in defence could hold the ball up and set up quite a few goals during his days at Vale Park. Popey in general worked his taters off for 'his' team something Smith and most of the others never did.

Archived