onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalscorer

RichG

Can I put Andy Williams' name into the hat? Gone down to League Two with Doncaster but was Vale's "number one" target last season only to turn us down at the last minute. I think Norman said he was on big wages, but he does score goals at this level. I reckon with his spell at Swindon he would also fit into the lone striker role (which I think he did there and got 20-odd goals unless someone can correct me).

he'd be great at the Christmas do, his Moon River is out of this world...i'll get my hat and coat.

Advert

I just find it absolutely astounding that the chairman is bemoaning the lack of goals and now wants a proven goalscorer, having already made 14 signings, of which nearly all are unproven.

He promised quality over quantity this season, yet he just couldnt help himself in bringing in young lad after young lad in the hope that one make him big money.

He is winging all of this and 5 days before the start of the season realises we need a proven goalscorer.

I am going along with it because as a supporter we have to and i will be supporting the lads at Bradford until my voice goes, but im far from optimistic about the coming season with a chairman making massive decisions in our football club who hasnt the first clue about football itself.

It's definitely a strange one. We're just about due to make our 14th/15th signing, 2 more young players, & suddenly Smurf decides we need a proven goalscorer? Possibly getting worried & 2nd guessing his/Bruno's signings?

I wonder how much some of these players we've signed are on, but he seems unwilling to spend any huge amount of money on a single player, judging from our selection so far.

Andy Williams is an alright shout, & Bakhtaoui doesn't look too shabby either, although again, can't really judge a player without ever seeing him play.

I just find it absolutely astounding that the chairman is bemoaning the lack of goals and now wants a proven goalscorer, having already made 14 signings, of which nearly all are unproven.

He promised quality over quantity this season, yet he just couldnt help himself in bringing in young lad after young lad in the hope that one make him big money.

He is winging all of this and 5 days before the start of the season realises we need a proven goalscorer.

I am going along with it because as a supporter we have to and i will be supporting the lads at Bradford until my voice goes, but im far from optimistic about the coming season with a chairman making massive decisions in our football club who hasnt the first clue about football itself.

Spot on. So much for a plan!

I don't get it myself spunkers. weve signed 2 million midfielders when really 4 will do a job. 2 in and 2 as cover at this level. instead of spreading the butter too thin on a massive squad like we did last year. it makes perfect sense to go the extra mile spend a little more and get a "name" quality forward in. not only will it reasonably guarantee 15+ goals but also will bring more floating fans in. I just don't get it. weve been saying it on here for god knows how long and it largely goes ignored. I like you ST will go and watch even if jimmy krankie is up front. but to attract the stay at home listen on the radio crowd, you have to bring names in who will perform. look when we signed hughes...he was a name. he bumped the crowds up he made us highly watchable at home.....he gave us the excitement that we were really going for it....he made the armchair crowd sit up and take notice that we meant business and were "going for it" hence the bumper crowds we got at the end of the season...it aint rocket science.....bring the right players in....the slackers will come and pay money !

I don't get it myself spunkers. weve signed 2 million midfielders when really 4 will do a job. 2 in and 2 as cover at this level. instead of spreading the butter too thin on a massive squad like we did last year. it makes perfect sense to go the extra mile spend a little more and get a "name" quality forward in. not only will it reasonably guarantee 15+ goals but also will bring more floating fans in. I just don't get it. weve been saying it on here for god knows how long and it largely goes ignored. I like you ST will go and watch even if jimmy krankie is up front. but to attract the stay at home listen on the radio crowd, you have to bring names in who will perform. look when we signed hughes...he was a name. he bumped the crowds up he made us highly watchable at home.....he gave us the excitement that we were really going for it....he made the armchair crowd sit up and take notice that we meant business and were "going for it" hence the bumper crowds we got at the end of the season...it aint rocket science.....bring the right players in....the slackers will come and pay money !
You really should stop posting on here because your comments are far, far too sensible. I think it's called speculating to accumulate.

The way I see Smurf is like those gold miners constantly panning for a nugget of gold but like most of them he keeps finding pebbles and if we did ever find one he would be gone before you could say 'Jack Robinson' then it's back to panning again.

im just trying to get smurf to see that football just doesn't work like that sage. if everyone could sign 20 players and just 1 turned into a million pound player that could be sold on. everyone would be doing it and teams like Bolton wouldn't owe as much money as they do. alas in the real world it doesn't happen and good proven strikers cost money. if he really wants us to get a striker that's going to bag 20 to get us up this season (which is what it will take) then you have to pay money....and a lot of it at that.

there are at that guppy I totally agree. but my point is still the same. ive noticed adam le fondres name been mentioned on twitter recently.. that is a proven goalscorer at this level....you sign him....yes ok he will come at a hefty price...but there is a big chance he will bag you 20 this season and the bookies wont have you joint favourites to go down with Oldham on skybet

Lets judge Saturday against a tough away trip to Bradford, from what iv'e seen so far in the friendlies we do look a tidy attractive playing football team, the football we play is very attractive to watch and I think we will take teams by suprise for the first couple of months as they just won't know what to expect from us!

We have the players now where Bruno can mix it up actually in the games where previously Page always swapped his subs like for like if things aren't going good

I still think that Smurf has a suprise up his sleeve ready for the weekend so watch this space!!

You would think that Smurf would have a spreadsheet to help him keep track of all the players he's signed,to suddenly realise that we are an experienced striker short, a week before the season starts, is incompetant,it reminds me of last season, but without Page being there to blame.

Bringing in an experienced forward doesn't guarantee 15 goals a season, Pope only scored 6 for Bury. People thinking Le Fondre is an option are living in a dream world as he is on 16,000 a week plus add ons.

I haven't checked my facts here so bare with me but when was the last time we ever signed a 'proven' goalscorer that continued to score goals for us?

Constantine, Richards, McPhee, Brooker, Sodje, Pope.... none of which that I can remember were prolific before becoming good goalscorers for us?

My thoughts exactly.

Archived